Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Arizona is pretty great assumin you live near the mountains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Halah posted:

Excellent, because I have this thing about Santa Elena Canyon, which I'm sure fits into the spirit of your SW definition. I really want to go there and would not mind hearing from anyone who has been.

I went camping there a few years back. The coldest I've ever been on a summer night while that far south. Rained that whole week between 2pm-8pm and it was gorgeous

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EAB posted:

I have to drive from Tennessee to Phx, AZ once a week. That stretch of I-40 through oklahoma, amarillo tx, and northeast new mexico is fuckin murder

I-20 from El Paso to Dallas is really loving terrible too

edit: Not nearly as awful as I-10 between Tucson and San Antonio though

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 28, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vitalis Jackson posted:

My advice is to skip Sedona and go straight to Jerome. Although Sedona has plenty of artsy New Age stuff and vortexes, it's a bit scant when it comes to night life and stuff. Also, there are a bunch of really old people in Sedona . . . the demographic is similar to Phoenix, minus the brown people. Jerome, on the other hand, is full of old hippies, hipsters, and "off the grid" types. Go to the Spirit Room and say "hi" to your favorite retired rockstar! You might see Alice Cooper there! The last time we went, my wife spotted Captain and Teneille (spelling in doubt) on the serpentine sidewalks!

You forgot the awful streets and filled with snowbirds from the Pacific Northwest who want to waste your time for hours while they get stuck in a narrow street with their massive RV

• Locked thread