Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gfanikf posted:

I also recall some sperglords complaining about her being Israeli. :lol:

legit feel bad for Gal Godot because the last actress to play Wonder Woman was Lynda Carter and she looks like an actual comic book character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i heard that some particularly idiotic nerds were complaining that Gal Godot didn't have the right boob size for wonder woman. congrats to them for being even more pathetic than the ones bitching about her being a jewess

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

the great deceiver posted:

they shoukd have just wrapped up the superhero genre after the dark knight rises

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the xxx version is much better and the costumes are way higher budget

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The old good Batman movie stars Adam West and is super bad.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

lol

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Why is doomsday in this movie

Why are they not instead just flat-out stealing the death of superman storyline and making it a live action movie

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

GeneX posted:

Why are they not instead just flat-out stealing the death of superman storyline and making it a live action movie

It's a train wreck trying to catch up to Marvel in one movie instead of a dozen or so movies with a planned out plot.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

but but but Batman v superman got 7.8 on IMDB that score menas its good!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I walked into a DnD type shop where there is a backroom. I heard shouts and fists hitting a table. My perusing continued with the clerk suggesting I have seen nothing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zack Snyder sucks as a director

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

etalian posted:

Zack Snyder sucks

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GeneX posted:

probably because it loving sucked

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why does it seem like theres way too much going on in the plot of bvs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also doesn't feel like a fun ensemble film like the Marvel movies.

Characters like Wonder Women randomly slow up and you could care less what happens to them

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

Congrats you've found the problem with Superman interacting with any other superhero that comic book writers have desperately tip-toed on eggshells around for the past 60 years

idk superman seems like a good foil to most other superheroes like he just chills in his fortress of solitude most of the time and when theres a problem he does the right thing and w minimal losses unlike literally every other superhero ever. thats how ive always thought it worked. its why the superman movies are dumb cause why would superman gently caress up a city. why. thats the whole point of his character he can save the day WITHOUT blowing everything up

maybe shoehorning superman into superhero stories where they blow up a city explains why they suck so bad

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
dc should do a Shazam movie

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Shaquin posted:

marvelman > captain marvel

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Also doesn't feel like a fun ensemble film like the Marvel movies.

Characters like Wonder Women randomly slow up and you could care less what happens to them

its a shame cause wonder woman owns

i guess her being inseparable from greek mthology probably ruins her ability to be truly ~grimdark~ and they are furiously writing some bullshit edgy backstory about how she was an illegitimate child of a rich guy who lives and was raised on some made up mediterranian island

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
the best comic books have nothing to do with superheroes and the best comic book movies are about folks from the roster well out of the traditional fold

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the only comic books i have ever been compelled to purchase were archie vs predator and some proto-furry anthro comic from the 80s so i gotta agree

if you pay more than pocket change for comic books u done hosed up

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Shaquin posted:

They are with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam

also BvS owned

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

They are with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam

I wana say this will be bad anyway but I'm mentally incapable of having a negative thought about The Rock so.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It's true. The Rock is charismatic as gently caress

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tiberius Christ posted:

there is only one good batman(1989)

the rest are terrible except maybe the adam west one

Adam West always has been and always will be awesome. Also he has a 'pet' moose called Moose Wayne

https://twitter.com/therealadamwest/status/683139967401345024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nigga crab pollock posted:

i guess her being inseparable from greek mthology probably ruins her ability to be truly ~grimdark~ and they are furiously writing some bullshit edgy backstory about how she was an illegitimate child of a rich guy who lives and was raised on some made up mediterranian island

this is funny because greek mythology is ridiculously grimdark in ways comic book hacks couldn't achieve ever

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fire Barrel posted:

Why don't they make a modern Justice League movie in the style of 60s batman? Just make it a campy comedy full of one liners, bright colors, and silly costumes. Hell, maybe even have song numbers and poo poo.

They actually made some of those shows back in 1979 with Adam West and Burt Ward reprising their roles as Batman and Robin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2EvhTAer8

dog buttz posted:

Pull out PULL OUT CLARK

*jizz fires into and out of lois' body like a .50 cal round, severing her spine*
There was a deleted scene of pretty much this from the Will Smith superhero movie Hancock where he's having sex with a chick and pulls out just in time and smashes some holes through the ceiling with his super jizz but youtube has removed the video.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

legit feel bad for Gal Godot because the last actress to play Wonder Woman was Lynda Carter and she looks like an actual comic book character

watching this show when i was younger is how i turned into a man.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
waiting for the grim, depressing Booster Gold film now where he kills himself at the end for failing to find fame and fortune

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

guy at work was just raging about the negative reviews. he said that "Zack makes serious movies for grown ups" and that "critics are just mad that it's not another feel good Avengers movie"

lol

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
so what were some kind of.... justice league?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Shinjobi posted:

The magic lasso is in the movie for 30 seconds, and I lost my poo poo when I saw it. If they had included WW's invisible jet I would have given this movie a 10/10 despite everything wrong with it.

They did have the invisible jet, you just couldn't see it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Trast posted:

It's a train wreck trying to catch up to Marvel in one movie instead of a dozen or so movies with a planned out plot.

Yeah, the Marvel Cinematic Universe was practically a slow burn but seems to have been built with some redundancy in case some of them failed, like The Incredible Hulk. They probably should have either built on what Nolan had (which would be hard given his Batman films have a definite ending) or followed the same plan as Disney laid out, by putting out at least one film a year in their cinematic universe. Putting all their eggs into one basket is a loving gamble.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There was a deleted scene of pretty much this from the Will Smith superhero movie Hancock where he's having sex with a chick and pulls out just in time and smashes some holes through the ceiling with his super jizz but youtube has removed the video.

Family Guy made a joke about Superman's super-semen already as well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

guy at work was just raging about the negative reviews. he said that "Zack makes serious movies for grown ups" and that "critics are just mad that it's not another feel good Avengers movie"

lol

Jesus loving christ Ehud how many dumb coworkers do you have

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
does this movie have a lot of cgi in it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus loving christ Ehud how many dumb coworkers do you have

It's probably the pats fan

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I actually really like of what Zach Snyder does, even if not all of his movies totally work. He has personality and vision. Man of Steel had a few okay ideas under the surface, but they were not developed well. I liked the general idea of Clark Kent being a pathological construction. I really liked the idea of Zod being...sort of right? At least, to the extent that his loyalty is to Krypton and nothing else. So then Superman is making a different sort of choice when he kills Zod: he is deciding that it is wrong to destroy Earth in order to save Krypton. His loyalties are his own. His moral compass is broader. He is creating his own identity, and defining his own responsibilities.

All decent ideas, but the movie overall was noooooooooot good, Michael Shannon excepted. Besides, Superman's universe is not slate-gray and ultraserious. Superman loves life and he loves his merry Metropolis. We should feel that with him.

Making "saving the earth" sound like some hard to reach moral choice is very dumb and makes your hero look like the dumbest D&D goon alive.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I am a DC fan of many years (a casual fan, but I like DC more than marvel stuff).

At this point the tears from my sorrow at the retardation and mismanagement of most of the DC franchise could stop the drought in southern california. I'm going and seeing this tonight because I hate myself. And because my husband is a sweetheart and surprised me with tickets to the nice theatre with recliners and reserved seating in town.

Best husband, terrible company.

Ehud posted:

lol

That guy is dumb. Avengers was not a feel good movie. Avengers was just a good movie as opposed to what I figure this will be. And "Zack" just makes whatever sells. If fruity gay superman would sell right now, there would be pink kryptonite everywhere.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Avengers was just a good movie

Nice excellent, waste every ones time with the intro and destroy your credibility on the way out of the post classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm not sure if this has come up before but comic books are for children, not adults. there seems to be some confusion on that matter

• Locked thread