Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

colour scheme in your typical zack snyder movie:

1. black
2. dark grey
3. fire

Must have finally ran through all the reserves of sepia tones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shaquin posted:

battleship movie was kind of badass

I would love an Uno! movie but you know all the resources are going into cards against humanity the miniseries

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"i am sick and tired of these motherfucking snakes on these motherfucking chutes and ladders!"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I would love an Uno! movie but you know all the resources are going into cards against humanity the miniseries

how do you feel about anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMO9U00pZ3k

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think some people are taking my breaking news in the OP seriously. I had pretty low expectations for the film, really. A little late to say that though I guess.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
Ben Asslick

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Shaquin posted:

battleship movie was kind of badass

was there ever a part where Liam Neeson says, "You sunk mah Battleshiptm!"

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

It takes a lot for me to not enjoy something so I'm betting I'll like it. I liked Man of Steel.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Tiberius Christ posted:

was there ever a part where Liam Neeson says, "You sunk mah Battleshiptm!"

i hope they make a second taken trilogy where it is just one long 6 hour take broken up into 3 movies and then at the end liam neeson looks at the camera breaking the 4th wall and says in a heavy irish accent "you've been taken" and then dies in real life from exhaustion

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

You're an idiot if after seeing the trailers you had a modicum of hope for this movie

I gotta say though I'm morbidly curious and even excited to give it a watch in a couple months

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I actually really like of what Zach Snyder does, even if not all of his movies totally work. He has personality and vision. Man of Steel had a few okay ideas under the surface, but they were not developed well. I liked the general idea of Clark Kent being a pathological construction. I really liked the idea of Zod being...sort of right? At least, to the extent that his loyalty is to Krypton and nothing else. So then Superman is making a different sort of choice when he kills Zod: he is deciding that it is wrong to destroy Earth in order to save Krypton. His loyalties are his own. His moral compass is broader. He is creating his own identity, and defining his own responsibilities.

All decent ideas, but the movie overall was noooooooooot good, Michael Shannon excepted. Besides, Superman's universe is not slate-gray and ultraserious. Superman loves life and he loves his merry Metropolis. We should feel that with him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I think some people are taking my breaking news in the OP seriously. I had pretty low expectations for the film, really. A little late to say that though I guess.

OP, I have heard tale that a jar of piss figures prominently into the plot, specifically, the piss of Lex Luthor. Can you illuminate details of the piss jar and how it is important to the plot of the movie where Superman and Batman fight?

Thanks in advance, OP, you're doing fine work.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i hope they make a second taken trilogy where it is just one long 6 hour take broken up into 3 movies and then at the end liam neeson looks at the camera breaking the 4th wall and says in a heavy irish accent "you've been taken" and then dies in real life from exhaustion

I died a little just reading that

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

gobbagool posted:

I died a little just reading that

i hope not because you are a human being who deserves a beautiful existence. unless you are liam neeson and then i hope you die. nah not really he seems nice.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

A sequel named Given about pozzing neg assholes

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

now, the next part is very important ... they are going to pozz you

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i would like to sit in a cabin amongst the great red woods with liam neeson and by the warmth of the stone hearth share the brown liquor and sip deeply of sensible laughter and feel the armor of a finely sewn turtle neck about my throat

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cuck

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Shaquin posted:

i would like to sit in a cabin amongst the great red woods with liam neeson and by the warmth of the stone hearth share the brown liquor and sip deeply of sensible laughter and feel the armor of a finely sewn turtle neck about my throat

this is such beautiful prose. thank you.

i would gently put my hands in liam neeson's underarms and hold him aloft toward a blue sky like you would a young child and we would both spin around a just laugh and laugh until we collapse onto the soft dewy grass in a scenic meadow. then we would just stare up at the clouds and joke about what shapes they form.
"oh look wiggles my lad, that one looks like a pony."
"ha, it sure does liam. look over there. that one looks like the titular character from your film, darkman."
"aye. it sure does wiggles. this is such a wonderful day."

F2B
Feb 13, 2003
From the spoliers it appears that Snyder made a movie full of broken instead of flawed superheroes.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Superman can punch you so hard you turn into gamma rays and kill everything in the solar system and then millennia later an alien race detect a GRB and are like, "drat, someone pissed off Superman!"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't know about this superman but i'd watch a movie about 'el hombre supremo'

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

F2B posted:

From the spoliers it appears that Snyder made a movie full of broken instead of flawed superheroes.

Zack Snyder made a movie about lolitas being sexually abused into multiple levels of delusional power fantasies before being brutally killed/lobotomized as a passion project.

Zack Snyder only has broken characters because he is a broken person

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

:qq:

N...n...noooo!

The crtics are reviewing it poorly, BUT THE TRUE FANS are rating it highly! See!? SEE!?

Its only reviewing bad because the "so called" movie critics are conspiring to make sure "fun" movies aren't make anymore! Its a CULTURAL MARXIST CONSPIRACY.

Muh muh comic boek movies!

:qq:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Wow, who would have thought Zach Snyder could direct a bad movie.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Sucker Punch is a good movie. The trick to watching it is to switch the audio to a language that you don't understand.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

happyhippy posted:

The opening scenes was good. But the rest was typical Romero idiot characters.

Correction, there is another good bit, in the credits where they come across a zombie head in a cooler on a boat floating at sea. No story behind it, its just there.

Romero didn't even work on the dawn of the dead remake.

He wanted to work on Land of the Dead!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Germstore posted:

Sucker Punch is a good movie. The trick to watching it is to switch the audio to a language that you don't understand.

Look at this guy try to justify that excuse for a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXir4Pu0f0

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Airborne Viking posted:

holy gently caress its the same guy from the other BvS thread

Is there anything this dude isn't terrible at

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
suckerpunch is misogynist, but it's an attempt at a send-up of misogyny by a filmmaker who can't help but try and have his cake and eat it too

i really like it tbh, it's pretty and disgusting and could only have been made by someone like snyder. it's like frank miller trying to be feminist. and it's got a sweet pixies cover

that reviewer is a dumb butt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mclast posted:

that reviewer is a dumb butt

this is an actual picture of said reviewer

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

superman's son jimmy olson kills superman by impaling him with his lightsaber

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Airborne Viking posted:

PART 1

jesus why moviebob werent you a big feminist gamergater

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Mel Mudkiper posted:

man cool trenchcoat. i bet he's going to the secret location to get his orders from MI-6. at mcdonalds

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Batman: The Animated Series and The Dark Knight are the only good Batmans

There has never been a good Superman anything

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this picture should kill itself

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
As much as I think Moviebob is a kinda a douche he straight up hated the movie.

But that dude thinks he's a super smart taste maker and not a embarrassing fat man who thinks he is important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

trashbuilder posted:

As much as I think Moviebob is a kinda a douche he straight up hated the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M

This review is so bad it actually makes me like BvS more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it owns how incredibly bad this movie is cuz i knew it was gonna be bad but i thought it'd be like middling to bad like man of steel so peeps with bad taste could still defend it but nah it exceeded my wildest dreams.

• Locked thread