Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Like, say a sovereign citizen commits a crime on a U.S. waterway and is hauled before a federal maritime court and the flag has a gold fringe and everything, does he finally shut up and accept his just punishment or are there more hijinks to be had?

Also since no sovereign citizen thread would be complete without it, here's the Sovereign Citizens Getting Owned Compilation.

Goons disagree on many issues regarding crime and punishment, but I think I speak for all of us when I say it warms the cockles of my goon heart to watch these idiots get beaten and tazed exactly as they deserve for being colossal fuckheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You have no jurisprudence over my personnage. This thread does not have jurmasprode on my burdosvärde. Where is the gold fringe on this thread? There is no fringe. I will not submit to your smördesborg. DON'T BAN ME I DO NOT SUBMIT TO BE BANNED

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
They find ways to argue through obscure loopholes that it is actually a common law court

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

John Denver Hoxha posted:

They find ways to argue through obscure loopholes that it is actually a common law court

Is that real gold? Can you prove to me it is real gold?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
they are keel hauled

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ironclad Gold Fringe Defense is pretty much what is going to get them. So long as the fringe exists, they cannot acquit.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Jerry Cotton posted:

gotta be purestrain

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what is a sovereign citizen i could google it but i need it laymans terms so i turn ton goons to distill the essence and let me know

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
they have no actual knowledge of law hope that helps

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

social vegan posted:

what is a sovereign citizen i could google it but i need it laymans terms so i turn ton goons to distill the essence and let me know

you know how if you aren't an obvious malevolent looking jackass being actively pursued by the police dealing with the police can for the most part be mundane if mildly unpleasant

well these guys are getting tazed over a weed ticket instead

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Sovereign citizens don't seem to understand that at the end of the day, the government and laws are about who has the most guns.

I think the rear admiralty court should remind them of that.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Shaquin posted:

you know how if you aren't an obvious malevolent looking jackass being actively pursued by the police dealing with the police can for the most part be mundane if mildly unpleasant

well these guys are getting tazed over a weed ticket instead

i wanna smoke a weed ticket

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
You've got it backwards. They believe the federal court system is an admiralty court, and that's part of the reason it doesn't have jurisdiction over them

The gold-fringed flag one might find in any American courtroom is proof, to them, that the court is recognizing and adjudicating based on maritime law.

e: supposing they were hauled before a real admiralty court I assume things would go exactly the same, assuming their names were rendered in all-caps, referring of course to the CORPORATION of you that the government established in order to take out credit with you as collateral

walgreenslatino fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 24, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
my fave in that vid is the guy who is dealing with the glasses dad cop early on and hes pulling the old smell the weed gambit but im 99% sure the man smelt some weed and he's casual enough about it i assume we are in a decrim state, guys probly got under an oz for sure so he's looking at two hundred bucksish and a trip to court at the most and he just insists on blowing it up and scarring his child for life

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
*In the voice of a wispy idiot* "Help help! Assault! Call the police!"

*Still incredibly calm officer removing him from the vehicle* "Sir we are the police."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"will the defendant please bend over"
*rear admiral smirks and approaches*
"wait till you see the gold fringe on this"

that'äs what i actually know about navy procedure

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

when the cop smashed his driver seat window i was expecting the rest of stone cold's music to play oh well always room for improvement

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I DO NOT CONSENT! I DO NOT CONSENT!

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i mean with a kid in the car it might be a bit of a mess on that side of things but your goose is cooked so just get the fucker out of the oven and be done with it and you really shouldn't be driving high and especially not with a kid in the car and you are doing literally everything to make it worse

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I want to create joinder with you. :wink:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
They suck eachothers dicks OP

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

I want to create joinder with you. :wink:

oooo ya bby. Let me wrap u in gold fringe.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Please refrain from making fun of the mentally challenged.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I got cornered in the grocery store parking lot when I went to get booze once. I thought it was a homeless guy and I was gonna give him some booze because I had extra, but he wanted to tell me about how you don't have to pay parking or speeding tickets or get insurance. My brush with a sov. cit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

I got cornered in the grocery store parking lot when I went to get booze once. I thought it was a homeless guy and I was gonna give him some booze because I had extra, but he wanted to tell me about how you don't have to pay parking or speeding tickets or get insurance. My brush with a sov. cit.

Man those soviet citizens are crazy.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DaveSplitter posted:

Please refrain from making fun of the mentally challenged.

Why they are weak

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsoUArgpo9s

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Man those soviet citizens are crazy.

Listen you rascal :arghfist:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Captain Yossarian posted:

That was Ron Paul.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nononononono, thats level 1 stuff.

Real sovcitz ask you to represent them, then use you to claim 4 billion in silver ingots/dubloons from the government.
And then try to sue you if you don't deliver.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You know this is beginning to sound like a good deal!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
The number one rule in any situation is to try and remember what that guy said in that seminar in the Denny's parking lot.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I thought that contained in this thread would be a hilarious joke. Thread does not deliver.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Somehow even funnier with the Aussie accent

"Ahm oi undah arrest? "

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

they are keel hauled

i just read what that actually involves and it turns out that unless you enjoy being cut by barnacles it's not very fun

Boxy but good!
Apr 30, 2009
P. Barnes is my spirit animal.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Since the government isn't real to them they can turn and walk right through the wall it's just like that atheist dude in Erik the Viking.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mozi posted:

i just read what that actually involves and it turns out that unless you enjoy being cut by barnacles it's not very fun

Kids these days haven't even read the Hornblower novels. And they STILL grow up gay?!?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Sovereign Citizens are scam victims. They attend seminars or buy materials from a huckster who sells a method to make your taxes go away or let you drive without a license or whatever. They buy when they're already up a creek with tax debt or DUI license suspensions or whatever. They're desperate for an easy answer, and someone sells them one.

A judge in Alberta did a nice summary: http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2014/2014abqb114/2014abqb114.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Been a while since we've had sovcitchat

Has there ever been a single solitary instance of a sovereign citizen's cheat code phrases actually working or do they just get tazed every time, and if it's the latter why are there still people trying to do this stuff

• Locked thread