Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

my uber driver pulled up in a benz just as i finished my smoke and i crushed it and opened the door like a badass he was waering leather gloves and was bald and jacked he didnt say aynthing to me just floored it was going 140 on the highway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

NihilismNow posted:

I never rate anything the top grade. Out of 5 stars 4 is the best anyone will ever get from me, because 5 suggests perfection.

With Uber though, if someone gets 50% 5 stars and 50% 4 stars they will be deactivated quickly. A 4.5 average is far too low for them. 4.69 means you get deactivated. Uber is hosed up but that's what their ratings actually mean.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

*mugs jocularly at the camera*

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

thanks, dwight

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean, sandra.
I'm rating your post a 2. Not very nice but could be worse.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghostter posted:

my uber driver pulled up in a benz just as i finished my smoke and i crushed it and opened the door like a badass he was waering leather gloves and was bald and jacked he didnt say aynthing to me just floored it was going 140 on the highway.

try being more like this guy you stupid fag

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

NihilismNow posted:

I never rate anything the top grade. Out of 5 stars 4 is the best anyone will ever get from me, because 5 suggests perfection.

I bet you don't tip either

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hmmm, yes it is a good idea to let a computer fire people automatically based on an arbitrary number. thats not going to frustrate anyone, especially the type of people that need to do Uber in the first place

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
op all this means is you need to enlist friends or acquaintances to game the gently caress out of this lovely system instead of wallowing in self-pity on gbs

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Man Whore posted:

I bet you don't tip either

I usually don't. But that is because i live in a country where tipping is not all that common and servers make a living wage any way.

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Keep on truckin' like a novacane hurricane

ghostter posted:

try being more like this guy you stupid fag

HEY!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

NihilismNow posted:

I usually don't. But that is because i live in a country where tipping is not all that common and servers make a living wage any way.

Canada?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

must be somewhere else, servers definitely dont make a living wage here in canada

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Just sign up for another account with a different e-mail address.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Netherlands. They make at least $10 a hour (minimum wage) but in most cases probably closer to $15. They certainly don't make less than your average warehouse employee or cleaner who don't get tips either no matter how well they clean.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At least you still have AirB&B to fall back on, OP.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Airborne Viking posted:

Just sign up for another account with a different e-mail address.

You give your social security # for them to run background checks on you before you start driving.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I took an uber for the first time this weekend, it was ok, but my driver was an old guy and he kinda started to go on a racist diatribe which was weird.

But we made it to the destination in a timely manner and didn't have to deal with parking

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
One time my Uber driver parked across the street from my house instead of under the porte cochère and I'm like, no, I'm across the street where the big sign with the address on your phone is and he insisted that he couldn't go across the street and I would have to come meet him.

I gave him 1 star, I hope he was deactivated, what an rear end in a top hat.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
if you make an uber account using a card that's about to expire or that you cancel before you book your first ride then your first ride is free

but it won't let you book any more until you make a new account

this also works if you use one of those visa anywhere gift cards and then empty it or whatever beforehand

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

One time my Uber driver parked across the street from my house instead of under the porte cochère and I'm like, no, I'm across the street where the big sign with the address on your phone is and he insisted that he couldn't go across the street and I would have to come meet him.

I gave him 1 star, I hope he was deactivated, what an rear end in a top hat.

lol what's the matter, spend so much money on your condo that you can't afford your own car?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
That guy may have been racist but he had to deal with the traffic around Greenville and not me so rated him a 5

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I can't tip the Uber driver so the rating system is the only way I have power over the driver. I'm too beta to be confrontational

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 24, 2016

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if you make an uber account using a card that's about to expire or that you cancel before you book your first ride then your first ride is free

but it won't let you book any more until you make a new account

this also works if you use one of those visa anywhere gift cards and then empty it or whatever beforehand

I'll try this when I get ubered cross country.

Also who want to test the theory of just activating an account creating afake customer and doing this accross country to get uber to pay you.

I'm going to try it. Will report back next week.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

i rate any driver who speaks to me an instant 1

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

just sign up with a different email address thats what i do when im banned

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

olin posted:

You give your social security # for them to run background checks on you before you start driving.

Have a friend sign up, then drive under that name. Uber doesn't have any clue as to who is actually driving for them.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I only ever voted a driver lower than 5 one time and that's because he was ranting about Jews, the Chinese, biblical prophecies, and "Obongo".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I only ever voted a driver lower than 5 one time and that's because he was ranting about Jews, the Chinese, biblical prophecies, and "Obongo".

I hear that's pretty much the only reason any Uber driver is rated less than 5.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gonna throw a cinder block at the OPs car :agesilaus:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
hope your company fails you scab

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

What happens if you take an Uber and then don't rate the driver? Do they harass you like ebay with emails to rate people?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The last time I took an Uber car the driver had covered the entire dashboard in scented candles and the glare from the flickering flames made it impossible to see out the windshield and the smell was so bad I started to puke and couldn't stop puking constantly until we reached my destination. Also he stopped suddenly and several candles fell into my lap, scalding my genitals with hot wax.

I rated him a 4.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I rated your thread a 1, maybe Lowtax will deactivate your account.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Uber is good, I'm glad for it

Once automated cars are a "thing" no one will be exploited

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Once automated cars are a "thing" no one will be exploited

No, we will just rate automated cars as a 3 or lower as theres no one to talk to on the ride.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One time I took an uber ride but the driver was so fat he took up both the front seats and also he farted continuously.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Gonna copy this business model except it will be named Boober and only hot chicks can drive for me.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EngineerSean posted:

Gonna copy this business model except it will be named Boober and only hot chicks can drive for me.

I will invest $1000

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Applewhite posted:

One time I took an uber ride but the driver was so fat he took up both the front seats and also he farted continuously.

you're the dickass who rated me a 2 aren't you :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Applewhite posted:

lol what's the matter, spend so much money on your condo that you can't afford your own car?

TO has a black man open the door for him at his condo's entrance. Of course he wouldn't walk across the street to get in a cab

• Locked thread