Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Vincent Van Goat posted:

I wouldn't put any money on it.

Nah I grabbed another beer though so that's kinda like putting my liver on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Pens are gonna dominate the 2nd period

Steigerwald: "Letang, after checking his face.."

Nope sorry dude, you're still ugly.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/paulgcarter/status/713125618733322240

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It makes me so sad that the owner's buddy who has not the slightest goddamn clue how to score goals continues to be paid to keep the Penguins power play among the worst in the league

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

It makes me so sad that the owner's buddy who has not the slightest goddamn clue how to score goals continues to be paid to keep the Penguins power play among the worst in the league

Mike Yeo is free.......ugh

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Seriously it stretches Occam's Razor to near rupture to have a PP strategy that calls for Sidney loving Crosby to hang out in the corner down by the goal line. It's amazing.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
That's a bullshit tripping call.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Eric the Mauve posted:

Pens are gonna dominate the 2nd period

Eric the Mauve posted:

18th in the league is among the very worst.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

TANK IT UP!!!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Good. My fears are sated.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

God drat, the leafs are just too good :'(

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

You take that back

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: MY FEARS RETURN. Leivo snipes a nice shot from the opposite point? :siren:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Seriously it stretches Occam's Razor to near rupture to have a PP strategy that calls for Sidney loving Crosby to hang out in the corner down by the goal line. It's amazing.

Crosby's almost always played the half wall on his off side on the powerplay. For as long as I can remember at least. He can make great setup/cross ice passes there, and when Malkin is on the point they're great at using each other to move the other team's PKers, especially on the strong side. I don't think that's a New Thing. It would be nice to see him cheat into the circles more though.

Captain Internet posted:

18th in the league is among the very worst.

Also this v:shobon:v (e: assuming sarcasm)

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Ruh Roh, time for Habs.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
poo poo I thought this game was tomorrow hah

Go http://i.imgur.com/iY0vtqh.gifv

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh hey and like that: The Dumbest Penalty™

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Leafs HD plus NHL 94 commercial breaks.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Go whoever is playing against the Jets! Go a modest, reasonable amount!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

I love this.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I can't even be upset about this game because a six game win streak with Malkin out is way more than I'd have ever dared hope for.

Still, it'd be nice to make a game of this.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: The Hockey Nightmare! Kadri on the powerplay. :siren:

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Leafs are flying an 18 wheeler onto a cliff, aren't they?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Magnificent

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Look Around You posted:

Crosby's almost always played the half wall on his off side on the powerplay. For as long as I can remember at least. He can make great setup/cross ice passes there, and when Malkin is on the point they're great at using each other to move the other team's PKers, especially on the strong side. I don't think that's a New Thing. It would be nice to see him cheat into the circles more though.

I don't care how long he's been doing it, it's a waste of his talents. He's not Adam loving Oates, he needs to at least get into position to possibly shoot the loving puck.

Crosby is one of the best shooters in the league and yet loves passing so much that opponents can and do cheat very hard on the pass whenever he's in a play and I know it's firstworldproblems.gif times a million to bitch about Sidney Crosby but it's frustrating. When he plants himself way down in the corner and makes it obvious he's looking to pass all the way it makes it much easier for the opponent to defend.

imo

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Go a Hab, Perd, Devil (ugh), and Flyer.

Fire Therrien

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Surely the Leafs won't score anymore and the Ducks will come back. Surely.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
How could a Flyer and a Detroit miss a playoff. Go a that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't care how long he's been doing it, it's a waste of his talents. He's not Adam loving Oates, he needs to at least get into position to possibly shoot the loving puck.

Crosby is one of the best shooters in the league and yet loves passing so much that opponents can and do cheat very hard on the pass whenever he's in a play and I know it's firstworldproblems.gif times a million to bitch about Sidney Crosby but it's frustrating. When he plants himself way down in the corner and makes it obvious he's looking to pass all the way it makes it much easier for the opponent to defend.

imo

I don't care where he plays he just needs to chill a bit with the forced cross ice passes on the PP. Teams bait him into it and he's all too happy to oblige.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
2 - 1 Real Toronto

4 - 0 Fake Toronto

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Captain Internet posted:

How could a Flyer and a Detroit miss a playoff. Go a that.

Only teams that could realistically catch them are the Devils and Canes, so it's pretty much a lock that one or both of them are making the playoffs.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

On the one hand, the Red Wings PP is really bad. On the other, the Habs look determined to help them fix that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Goon Thug Player from Goon Thug Team exacts revenge for getting Goon Thugged earlier this year.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

beau wants one

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
gently caress tim peel

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

GG Wings, enjoy your win.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
johansen wins the d-zone draw and then levels a guy in the offensive zone. tortorella must be proud.

e: and now the canucks are winning :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SOG 23-9 CBJ. In their last 4 1/2 periods plus an OT, they have 77 SOG

E- Too Much Mans Canes

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

CBJSprague24 posted:

Goon Thug Player from Goon Thug Team exacts revenge for getting Goon Thugged earlier this year.

but enough about the sharks calling up haley,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The devils are REALLY taking away the pens time on the PP. They're p much charging at the man with the puck and forcing quick passes

• Locked thread