Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Gobblecoque posted:

itt Sonofsilversign is revealed to be a nerd and desperately tries to defend himself

im more commonly descriped as a fey hipster fuckboi actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

it doesnt show. you seem really cool and good. not a scumbag millennial oval office at all :shrug:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

Oberon would disown you

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

it doesnt show. you seem really cool and good. not a scumbag millennial oval office at all :shrug:
ah man you know how much work it is to act this entitled all the time

Shaquin posted:

Oberon would disown you
we broke up last month actually :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
petition to make sonofsilversign a mod

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

petition to make sonofsilversign a mod

what the hek

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
secundus profundis

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

what the hek

franco must be free

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

*loud snickering*

*OP looks up from his copy of Eternity's Wheel at the smiling group of 20-somethings, who all quickly look away and try to stifle their laughter, the most attractive blond of the group tries to shush them all but is laughing while she does it*

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shaquin posted:

secundus profundis

bless you

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
aw thanks :glomp:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im currently reading the book adaptation of "honey, i shrunk the kids"

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Reading a book at the bar makes you look like a giant douche. Oh, you people aren't good enough for me, so I'm just going to sit here and read my book because I get more pleasure from reading than having to socialize with the peasants.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
gonna get my dogeared battered copy of 1Q84 and go read it in a bar tomorrow night ill post the trip report

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

gonna get my dogeared battered copy of 1Q84 and go read it in a bar tomorrow night ill post the trip report

post a picture of your vagina

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mad Monk posted:

Reading a book at the bar makes you look like a giant douche. Oh, you people aren't good enough for me, so I'm just going to sit here and read my book because I get more pleasure from reading than having to socialize with the peasants.

i never thought about it like this

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sonofsilversign posted:

seems a little high ahah

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

murakami has been writing the same drat book over and over again thats the poppiest japanese poo poo why dont you get off the kafka corpse fucker and read some poo poo by a real man like abe or mishima

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

i never thought about it like this

makes you think

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shaquin posted:

murakami has been writing the same drat book over and over again thats the poppiest japanese poo poo why dont you get off the kafka corpse fucker and read some poo poo by a real man like abe or mishima

how long is yuour neckbeard lmao

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
note - ryu murakami is cool and fine we are obviously referring to jazz cat retard man haruki

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

post a picture of your vagina

Shaquin posted:

kafka on the shore and colorless tsukuru tazaki are good as gently caress

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sonofsilversign posted:

kafka on the shore and colorless tsukuru tazaki are good as gently caress

lol hell yeah righteous my brother *goes for a hi five and knocks my glasses into a swamp*

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Enfield posted:

lol hell yeah righteous my brother *goes for a hi five and knocks my glasses into a swamp*

*helps you look for your glasses*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

what the?? :confused:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

yes its weird as hell and if I ever saw you irl i'd fight you

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mariana Horchata posted:

reading is for le cafe, where one can also drink alcoholic beverages if its an authentic joint

Came here to essentially make this post, right down to the scene from Inglorious Basterds.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
well its good you made that one instead.

hahaha nah im just joshin its terrible that you did

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It is pretty weird but whatever. Most bars will be pretty quiet in the early evening so who cares. Unless you're taking about going out at 11pm and reading a trade paperback while the place is blowing up with drunk kids, that would be hosed up and stupid.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Ive read at a bar before. Maybe its weird? Whatever, after work, chilling out with a happy hour beverage, who cares? I already know I am not cool and a little strange, I dont have anyone to impress. As long as its not late night shoulder to shoulder party time I think its fine... maybe not the coolest thing in the world... sometimes its nice to just soak up the ambiance of a place while enjoying a book?

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
i think the logical solution is to just use a tablet you outdated sack of stinking poo poo

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

drunk dog posted:

i think the logical solution is to just use a tablet you outdated sack of stinking poo poo

yeah buddy because a big stone slab is so hip *exaggerated jerking off motion*

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shaquin posted:

do whatever the hell you want if it ain't illegal or hurtin nobody you are a grown rear end man. I'd recommend doing it in the late afternoon at a place known for their mixology and a warmer mature atmosphere

yea maybe the college bar blaring the latest miley cyrus song isnt the best but those places are lovely and overcrowded and upcharge because college students are the dumbest shits on the planet

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I don't know how you could read with all of the noise

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm going to sit and get drunk at the Applebee's bar and read the bible

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

drunk dog posted:

why do people itt think reading a tablet or phone is somehow different from reading a book?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sonofsilversign posted:

why do people itt think reading a tablet or phone is somehow different from reading a book?

Usually a book has to have been approved by at least six people from draft to paperback, whereas on as phone I can read what you wrote.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

you cant read a phone dude thats what the fax is for jesus

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Shaquin posted:

yukio mishima

e: I like murakami tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
only real men kill themselves because they were completely humiliated and failed at their life's goal

• Locked thread