Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the correct result of the poll?
honey, i shrunk the kids
scroll bar
View Results

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so after a few secret morning wines, a little jfk, and a quick nap, i noticed there are 2 overwhelming themes in GBS this morning, however, they may have conflicting results and should therefore be put to a vote so as not to offend potential readers and cause drama.

1) honey i shrunk the kids
the first obvious thread subject (since the mods passive aggressively closed its predicessor [sic]) expands on the theme of what one might say to describe the fact that they have passed gas, or "farted".

the premise would be that "honey, i shrunk the kids" would be the best way to describe this process.

2) scroll bar
the second potential idea, though troublesome, would be that of a new service and the establishment of a "scroll bar" where one would be able to enjoy a tankard of mead while reading one of the many ancient scrolls provided in the bars conservatory. a librbary of sorts, yet with the added benefit of a social gathering place where people could freely discuss the knowledge they gain from the scrolls.

the premise would obviously be the description and discussion of how such a "scroll bar" might operate.

i leave it to you, gentle goons, to decide and may god have mercy on your souls. selah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
FIRST

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

DUDE a tankard of mead sounds so good right now.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
You're forgetting the 3rd poll option: How many women did Ted Cruz rape?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

You're forgetting the 3rd poll option: How many women did Ted Cruz rape?

sorry, but i dont "do" political threads. feel free to post your own, though

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014
there would have to be two different types of a innkeepers there, the first kind can give you the ale and then the other kind is allowed to touch the scrolls

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Scrolls and alcohol sounds like a recipe for an accidental curse. Then you'll be saying "Honey, I shrunk the kids!" but it won't be a euphemism for passing gas; instead, you will will mean it literally.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

drunkelberger posted:

there would have to be two different types of a innkeepers there, the first kind can give you the ale and then the other kind is allowed to touch the scrolls

i assume you are referring to the "honey, i shrunk the kids scenario" however, this thread is not to contribute to the potential topics, but rather to decide the direction of discourse in future threads through an orderly vote. a simple "yay" or "nay" will suffice. thank you for your interest.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

my term for farting is 'i made a dad gay post.'

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moltke posted:

Scrolls and alcohol sounds like a recipe for an accidental curse. Then you'll be saying "Honey, I shrunk the kids!" but it won't be a euphemism for passing gas; instead, you will will mean it literally.

touche

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

cartouche

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so far it looks like gbs sentiment is leaning towards the creation of the inspiring thread about how "honey, i shrunk the kids" is the proper euphamism for flatulence. will this popular subject become the victor? only time will tell.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

shrinking kids is pretty much the only reason i get out of bed in the morning

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my feet are really swollen. I've been spending a lot of time sitting in a chair every day during my intensive outpatient therapy, and instead of actual sneAkers/shoes I walk around manhattan in moccasins. do you think the two are related?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

my feet are really swollen. I've been spending a lot of time sitting in a chair every day during my intensive outpatient therapy, and instead of actual sneAkers/shoes I walk around manhattan in moccasins. do you think the two are related?

i think moccasins are both comfortable and stylish. our native amrican spirit guides were way ahead of their time. sometimes i wonder what life would be like if their civilization had survived our brutal genocide. perhaps, we would all be wearing moccasins and smoking peace pipes in our "wigwams" to this very day...

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

dad gay. so what posted:

i think moccasins are both comfortable and stylish. our native amrican spirit guides were way ahead of their time. sometimes i wonder what life would be like if their civilization had survived our brutal genocide. perhaps, we would all be wearing moccasins and smoking peace pipes in our "wigwams" to this very day...

yeah I wish we'd just appropriated n. American culture instead of stompin on it. mocs are the best and nature/animals are gorgeous and powerful and wigwams are probably really cool too I'm sure of it without even googling what a wigwam is

when I smoke American spirit ciggies I deffo feel closer to the earth and my spirit animal, the owl. I just wish I could afford them all the time. 14$ a pack here in the big Apple!!! the native Americans would be appalled if any had survived to this day

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Think how happy Native Americans would've been when they met Chinese immigrants bearing opium and opium pipes. They would've got on just swell, I'd imagine.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Anderron Shi posted:

Think how happy Native Americans would've been when they met Chinese immigrants bearing opium and opium pipes. They would've got on just swell, I'd imagine.

I used to want to live in the version of reality where david lynch directed rotj but now I'm changin it to this version

when virtually real technology is perfected I wAnna live in a simulation of that world

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Gatekeeper posted:

I used to want to live in the version of reality where david lynch directed rotj but now I'm changin it to this version

when virtually real technology is perfected I wAnna live in a simulation of that world

in a fuckin foggy rear end wig wam, smoking opium and dank rear end old style tobacco eating slaw dogs

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm leaning towards honey i shrunk the kids but it's a tough choice.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
flubber

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
if you vote honey im shrunk instead of scroll bar you are not a Real American

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
looks like we're neck and neck. this is gonna be a real barn burner.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

looks like we're neck and neck. this is gonna be a real barn burner.

LOL

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Anderron Shi posted:

To be fair opium only really took off in China when the East India Company deliberately filled the country with it to empty the country of silver.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

jBrereton posted:

To be fair opium only really took off in China when the East India Company deliberately filled the country with it to empty the country of silver.
that's the british folks right? man anglosacks just love getting people hosed up and turning them into addicts so they can steal poo poo out from under them. pretty dope move I guess, not morally but in terms of like "huh you're def hustlin bro"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
mods can we get a sticky up in this mutter tutter?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
can it be an elder scroll bar so that i can skyrim on my laptop and not interact with people?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whatever the outcome of the vote, I think we can all agree that the euphemism for defecating on a priceless artefact should be "honey I shrunk the scroll bar."

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
everything aches, life is torment, please end this suffering

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
theres this really awesome mod which makes you cold when its cold in skyrim and when im out trying to kill mammoths i like to bundle up and make little hwooo....hwwwoooooo sounds to simulate the cold air blowing around my dunmer sellsword while he's safe and warm by his campfire

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I just want to be in a smoky place where I can enjoy my mead and opium, read a few scrolls, and check my email without being judged.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Oh, and maybe meet a fine bitch.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I vote that I hope everyone has a good long weekend! :keke:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think we really need to think of the negative effect this could have on the children. They can't just crawl in a box and eat salami all day, this is going to splice open their brain hole and pour steaming hot coffee in it. If we can get past that, I'm for it. Otherwise, I think we need to stick with the peregrine falcon plan. It's safe, eco friendly, and most importantly, it will protect the children.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

I think we really need to think of the negative effect this could have on the children. They can't just crawl in a box and eat salami all day, this is going to splice open their brain hole and pour steaming hot coffee in it. If we can get past that, I'm for it. Otherwise, I think we need to stick with the peregrine falcon plan. It's safe, eco friendly, and most importantly, it will protect the children.

agreed. huzzah!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

that's the british folks right?
Yep. Fought two whole wars over it, too, when the Chinese got tired of everyone getting hosed up on smack (it was a long time before electric guitars so it had no artistic value).

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
those halftime show acrobatic teams that do flipping dunks off trampolines aint got nothing on dad gay i'll tell you that much for free.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

after reading id like to extemnd and revise ,y remarks to support the scroll bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ima go with "honey I poo poo my pants" or whatever. Meade sucks.

• Locked thread