Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life is a slice of life romantic-comedy about a small town salaryman who's learned to appreciate the little things in life. Handsome, intelligent, and naturally disarming, Kira Yoshikage paradoxically prefers to stand out of the limelight, content to live a life of peace and quiet. Unfortunately, he's got a bit of a problem: a local group of no-good hooligans have taken to harassing him for no good reason, even going so far as to interupt his lovelife! A slave to his own modest creature comforts, does Kira have what it takes to triumph against adversity and reclaim his peaceful life?

A modest man of considerable talent, Kira Yoshikage likes to take things at his own pace. Despite his generally laidback demeanor, he's a little awkward around women he likes and tends to get a little handsy, a habit that typically kills his relationships. Otherwise, he's lead a pretty good life. Likes cats.

An old aquaintance of Kira's, it sometimes feels like Reimi Sugimoto hasn't aged a day. She disapproves of his lifestyle, perhaps wishing he'd have aimed for nobler things, but there's little she can do beyond nagging to his neighbors. Likes dogs.

Insult his looks and you'll wind up in the hospital, Josuke Higashikata is the leader of the delinquents set on disturbing Kira's worry-free life. Tall and intimidating, Josuke has little trouble "Converting" people to his way of thinking, and is always on the prowl for his latest fix. Hates turtles, but why hate Kira?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an action-adventure manga written and illustrated by noted rock fan and unconfirmed vampire Hirohiko Araki concerning the many weird and varied experiences of a group of people nicknamed "Jojo" who are all related to each other in some form or another. First published in 1987, Jojo was originally envisioned as a generational tale that was supposed to be told and wrap up neatly in three separate, easily-digestible story arcs, or "Parts." We're currently on Part 8. It's been nearly thirty years.

Twenty-five years into this gig, Araki finally managed to land himself a TV anime deal with David Productions. Parts 1 and 2 were adapted in 2012, followed by the ever-popular Part 3 in 2014. Well now it's 2016, so you know what that means.

Welcome, friends, to Jojo Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable.

If Part 3 can be considered the "Definitive" Jojo, Part 4 is perhaps the most "Beloved." Having concluded the core story he wanted to tell with the first three parts, Araki decided he really liked the concept of stands, actually, and wanted to see what else he could do with it. Thus was Part 4 born! Sometimes called JoJo's Bizarre Slice of Life, Part 4 takes a more modest, more human direction, focusing exclusively on the sleepy Japanese town of Morioh, S City M Prefecture, based off Araki's own hometown of Sendai. Entirely fictional, Morioh nonetheless feels like a fully realized location, and is probably one of the stronger arguments for the setting of a story being a character in its own right. Our protagonist this time around is Josuke Higashikata, just a regular high school student with a single mother and a dated dandy hairstyle. The power of his stand, Crazy Diamond, allows him to "Fix" things by returning them to their original form, an ability he uses to defuse tense situations, solve mysteries, and hatch zany schemes. Just don't make fun of his hair, or he might fix you up worse than how you started out.

The bulk of Part 4, then, is just Josuke and his friends getting into (and out of) all kinds of trouble. There's an overarching plot with a certain amount of gravity to it, but as with Part 3 it's much more about the journey than it is the destination. So take a load off, enjoy yourself, and settle in to Morioh.

RULES FOR THE THREAD
  • Don't post spoilers. If you'd like to talk about the manga, you can do so here.
  • Don't post nudge nudge wink wink, "Quoting for posterity," "Can't wait to see how people will react to" garbage in here. That kind of posting is way more obnoxious and insufferable than flat out posting spoilers ever is.
  • Parts 1, 2, and 3 are fair game for discussion.
  • Once a new episode comes out, everything that occurs in that episode is fair game for discussion. New episodes come out on Friday, so don't use this thread to check if there's a new one out; if it's Friday, it's out. You can still use spoiler tags if you want to but nobody has to and nobody will be punished for not using them. Don't waste my time by reporting people who aren't using spoiler tags to talk about things that just happened. Watch the show you goons.
  • Legal, official streams will be available through Hulu and Crunchyroll. If you're not using official, legal streams to get your Jojo fix, I don't care, but don't post about them in this thread.
  • Occasionally Baal will post telling you to read the manga. That's his job. Let him do it.
  • Read the manga.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

THE STORY THUS FAR

A decade after the death of Dio Brando, the Joestar family is once again in peril. Jotaro Kujo, accomplished marine biologist and psychic, has been dispatched to the town of Morioh, yet again burdened with an unreasonable request. His mission is to track down two different people: a mysterious serial killer whose methods are unknown, and an ordinary high schooler who happens to be his uncle.

CHARACTERS

Koichi Hirose is a perfectly ordinary high schooler, but not the one Jotaro's looking for.

Jotaro Kujo is a perfectly ordinary world famous globetrotting marine biologist psychic weightlifter whose accomplishments include murdering an orangutan and a vampire. He was the protagonist of the previous part. He is not the protagonist of this part.

Josuke Higshikata is the protagonist of this part. He's the ordinary high school student Jotaro is looking for. What's with that stupid hairstyle?

Crazy Diamond is Josuke's stand, a visual manifestation of his latent psychic powers. Crazy Diamond fixes things by punching them really hard. He'll fix your face.

"Angelo" is the mysterious serial killer whose methods are unknown. Jotaro's still looking for him. Probably has a stand. Hates dog poop.

PVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T169qvumms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXdK3O_dYKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gagUdy3AY14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofoOFCP6TTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZd3H6qC1Gc

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

nice thread tag

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

for a clown

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

can't wait to see how people react to the mod's posting

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Use this webm instead of the "i have removed 70% of the frames to put it on tumblr" gif in the op thank you. only the best for diu

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12064557/DiU/diamondowakudakenaiNS.webm

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Comin through comin through comin through now

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
One week. One week is all that stands between us and the beautiful duwang we've all been waiting for.

We're going to need a new Friday image, though.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What a beautiful Duwang

chew

this feels like a friday

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
guys i am think im starting to get hype oh god please help

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

One week. One week is all that stands between us and the beautiful duwang we've all been waiting for.

We're going to need a new Friday image, though.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

question: is your hype growing exponentially?

answer:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

get a friday so complicated

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I'm just so happy, I started by watching the 2012 anime a few months before Stardust Crusaders started but once the break between the two halves of Stardust Crusaders happened I just jumped into DiU (having already known most of The World and having a good idea of who lives and dies due to internet osmosis) and out of all I read this part and Part 7 were my favorites, so it's gonna be so good to see it all come to anime life and actually understand the references in an OP. :allears:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
are jotaro dolphin jokes acceptable once the first episode airs?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I am excited to experience the best anime of 2016 with you all

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This show is going to be good but you wouldn't know it by the terrible thread.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Zoinks!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man

You motherfuckers better be ready

Because this is gonna be a thing

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

This show is going to be good but you wouldn't know it by the terrible thread.
This is true of the majority of threads in this subforum.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'm not excited for davids 3/4 chapters per episode pacing to mean we get an entire season before the best character shows up

I AM excited for morioh in motion though because even if part 4 isn't my favorite part it's easily got the most interesting setting

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If the 39 episode count for DiU is true, good bye 3 chapters per ep, hello breakneck pacing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Jojo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This one's super late but I need to post it nonetheless

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If the 39 episode count for DiU is true, good bye 3 chapters per ep, hello breakneck pacing.

i've intentionally not looked into any info about the anime before release so I can keep my sanity, if that's true that's awesome

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
SONO CHI NO SADAME, JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's conflicting information about the episode count. One says 39, one says 48.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

This is true of the majority of threads in this subforum.

Is it really

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

i've intentionally not looked into any info about the anime before release so I can keep my sanity, if that's true that's awesome

Crunchyroll France is saying 48 Episodes, brah

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not anymore, they sneak edited it out.
Basically, no one knows poo poo for certain.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

the gently caress does france know

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Having read most of the threads in this subforum, "Yes."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

the gently caress does france know

They were the JoJo memers of the west before America re-appropriated their anime and don't you forget it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can buy lots of JoJo in France so they know good manga that's for drat sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
welcome back to josudrake and joshan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXqb0jiwGoM

• Locked thread