Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drythe posted:

I really want to play a Jojo game.

Should I get an import of Eyes of Heaven? Is it any good?

Apparently it's better than ASB but not exactly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It looks like it will satisfy my need of pairing DIO with young Joseph in a 3d arena

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Apparently it's better than ASB but not exactly good

ASB is a weird game because it's obviously made by people who were huge jojo fans, but didn't know how to make a proper fighter.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How did Capcom lose the rights to the series anyway? I know it must have happened as far back as the PS2 era, because they didn't make the part 1 game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They probably just had a contract to make x game for JoJo here and there and then Shueisha looked to Bandai Namco afterwards for whatever reason

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine if Ubisoft got the JoJo licence.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
ASB is a fantastic JoJo fanservice game, but even as someone who has less than basic knowledge of fighting gsmes, it got pretty boring.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Imagine if Ubisoft got the JoJo licence.
I'd love to climb Towers of Grey so Star Platinum can see father and more bad side quests can be added to my map

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Imagine if Platinum got Jojo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WATCH_STANDS

in which you use your Stand to do thrilling things like change traffic light colours and raise bollards while wearing Jotaro's iconic lower belt.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

No

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
just give jojo to the people who developed asura's wrath

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hirohiko Araki's The Division

Play as Joseph Joestar and run around New York beating up rioters and prisoners.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

just give jojo to the people who developed asura's wrath

They did that already

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Give me Jotaro's Wrath or give me Asura's Wrath 2

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

They did that already

oh, i didn't realize all star battle was a cc2 gig

make it more like asura's wrath

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give JoJo to a not lovely developer

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i can't wait for a telltale games duwang

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

OK... I'm imagining it... oh its good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched Parts 1 - 3 as they aired and then said gently caress it and read all the manga. I expected I wouldn't be as excited the next time a new part rolled around but now already knowing everything that happens makes me actually wayyyyyyy more loving exciting to see all my favorite stand battles voices and animated

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

6 = 7 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5, btw. For those curious. I'm not done with SBR yet though so it may end up edging out Stone Ocean.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am looking forward to
[checks notes]

they just say "literally all future JoJo things ever".

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Jojo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alcharagia posted:

oh, i didn't realize all star battle was a cc2 gig

make it more like asura's wrath

asura's wrath was a cool game but i don't think that style would work well for jojo's, just imo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

6 = 7 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5, btw. For those curious. I'm not done with SBR yet though so it may end up edging out Stone Ocean.

1 above 5... were you reading the bad translation of 5? the one where it's comic sans for like half the pages and they hosed up all the characters?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

An Asura's Wrath style game would definitely be the best way to do JoJo stories but it wouldn't be especially interesting as a game. Character action games like Platinum's wouldn't be ideal because Stand battles are more 1 on 1 rock paper scissors sort of balance than anything else so splattering a bunch of random humans until you come up against a boss enemy with a Stand wouldn't really be interesting and giving a crappy punchghost that all the generic enemies share or whatever would suck but the boss battles would probably be sensational.

Fighting games are the easiest way to make a game identifiably JoJo and fun to play, so if you make a good fighting game with the sort of story presentation that CC2 do for Naruto, I think that would be the best way to make a JoJo game.

Or just do JoJo Kart like I was on about a while back.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

An Asura's Wrath style game would definitely be the best way to do JoJo stories but it wouldn't be especially interesting as a game. Character action games like Platinum's wouldn't be ideal because Stand battles are more 1 on 1 rock paper scissors sort of balance than anything else so splattering a bunch of random humans until you come up against a boss enemy with a Stand wouldn't really be interesting and giving a crappy punchghost that all the generic enemies share or whatever would suck but the boss battles would probably be sensational.

Fighting games are the easiest way to make a game identifiably JoJo and fun to play, so if you make a good fighting game with the sort of story presentation that CC2 do for Naruto, I think that would be the best way to make a JoJo game.

Or just do JoJo Kart like I was on about a while back.

i was entirely serious in saying that a shenmue-style game would be amazing if centered around a more low-key story like arcs 4 or 8 or whatever.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:agreed:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

In Training posted:

6 = 7 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5, btw.

Yeah, I feel about the same. Hopefully the retranslated Part 5 makes for a better experience. A gold experience, one might say.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shut the gently caress up

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I feel about the same. Hopefully the retranslated Part 5 makes for a better experience. A gold experience, one might say.

the better translation is leagues better and even without that the idea of ranking it worse than 1 is kind of baffling

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i was entirely serious in saying that a shenmue-style game would be amazing if centered around a more low-key story like arcs 4 or 8 or whatever.

(Yakuza 0)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Nojo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Race Realists posted:

really wish bad seafood would close this thread until friday

just shut the gently caress up about yaoi pairings already :mad:

i keep thinking someones going to leak the op/ed and its pissing me off!

yaoi pairings are actually more important than the OP and ED of any part

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

1 above 5... were you reading the bad translation of 5? the one where it's comic sans for like half the pages and they hosed up all the characters?

Maybe? I know that I liked the setting of 1 more. 5 is still neat and there's some crazy stand fights but I just didn't really care about any of the characters.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9JXG2FqEzs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't even bother to include part 5 in ranking parts because I've not read a reasonable representation of it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

If you're about to watch Diamond is Unbreakable, do yourself a favor and go watch at least a few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho's dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

If you're about to watch Diamond is Unbreakable, do yourself a favor and go watch at least a few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho's dub.

Absolutely

• Locked thread