Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pumpinglemma posted:

The dead silence afterwards really made that moment.

I was expecting the video to just cut off after 5-6 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The last iteration of that level looked more tedious than difficult, but that still made Psych upset. Can't wait to see what they're gonna pull here.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

The last iteration of that level looked more tedious than difficult, but that still made Psych upset. Can't wait to see what they're gonna pull here.

in your heart of hearts, you already know the answer

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

we've already had no floaters and 99 release rate + diggers only. What's left to torture Psych with, really?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
A hidden beartrap at the end of the bottom platform.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
NEW UPDATE

For people who were expecting a big surprise with this last iteration of "We all fall down", prepare to be surprised! And not in a good way! Because these levels are just boring as all hell!

With that said, we've got a bunch of good levels in this video. Also, one of these levels might give me unexpected trouble.

Mayhem - Levels 11-15

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The level where you have to synch up the builder and the climber, a question came to mind: What happens if you assign a basher to a climber who's on a wall?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Climbers cant have skills assigned while they are climbing. Also that pea soup level was something else.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Rappaport posted:

The level where you have to synch up the builder and the climber, a question came to mind: What happens if you assign a basher to a climber who's on a wall?
You can't do this. Skills can only be assigned to Lemmings that are walking, with the exception of Climber, Floater and Bomber.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
A new version of SuperLemmini was released earlier today, with this as one of the patch notes:

quote:

Modified some of the terrain graphics to better match their masks (which determine which pixels of terrain pieces are really solid).
Maybe that solved the Pea Soup issue.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The Pea Soup bug had me laughing like an idiot. That was great. I'm also getting the feeling that We All Fall Down was some developer's pet idea for a level because of how much it shows up. They were really proud of that concept.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

DoubleNegative posted:

The Pea Soup bug had me laughing like an idiot. That was great. I'm also getting the feeling that We All Fall Down was some developer's pet idea for a level because of how much it shows up. They were really proud of that concept.

They were probably just running out of level Ideas, We All Fall Down must have been the easiest one to make 'harder' to get a few extra levels worth out of it.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
That was a lot less bullshit than anticipated :colbert:. I was fully expecting the We All Fall Down level to demand pixel perfection to make sure there was enough floor for everyone to get through.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Joda posted:

That was a lot less bullshit than anticipated :colbert:. I was fully expecting the We All Fall Down level to demand pixel perfection to make sure there was enough floor for everyone to get through.

That's the bullshit part. It's just the same thing over and over again.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pea soup was pretty funny

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pea Soup: filled with soupy goodness, and green peaness

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Even without the glitch, that pea soup level looked like an absolute rear end in a top hat

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

"Considering the very dire situation of the third pea"

A fine collection of words indeed.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I do kinda wish there were fewer puzzles that rely on gratuitous staircase construction

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

It's an inherent weakness in the move set available. You have three different ways to dig, plus gravity and umbrellas, which makes downward movement interesting (unless you have to click every lemming). The only way to go up without clicking every lemming and making them climbers is to build a lot. It's also the only way to move horizontally above a hazard.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Looper posted:

I do kinda wish there were fewer puzzles that rely on gratuitous staircase construction

The limited selection kinda lends to lazy design with stair case puzzles. Lemmings 2 is quite a bit more creative with this.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

NEW UPDATE

Just a minute... you might have reached the second half of Mayhem, but don't expect the game to get any easier! A couple of these levels are brutal, and not always in a good way.

Mayhem - Levels 16-20

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
And Then There Were Four looked neat but it seems way too forgiving to be in the last half of Mayhem, after things like It's Hero Time and Pea Soup.

We should've had more levels like it.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
In that last level, could you have assigned one of the lemmings to be a climber to delay it, in order to separate it from the group?

Enjoying the LP, by the way. I remember playing this on SNES as a kid, but I don't think I got very far. I would usually play it for a while and then forget to write down the password afterward.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 6, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
In that last one, could you have canceled your first miner out of digging by making him a climber, or caused him to start climbing the wall instead of digging through it?

E: f, b

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

NotInventedHere posted:

In that last level, could you have assigned one of the lemmings to be a climber to delay it, in order to separate it from the group?

Enjoying the LP, by the way. I remember playing this on SNES as a kid, but I don't think I got very far. I would usually play it for a while and then forget to write down the password afterward.
OH MY GOD

MIND BLOWN

I'm so gonna have to rerecord this level in order to show how easier this makes things. I tried it out and I got it on my first try!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

NotInventedHere posted:

I was thinking this about halfway through the video, you beat me to it!

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
I'm pretty sure I did that level the same way Eyeball did -- lots of trial and error.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
If you want to record alternate strategies, another thing you might try is bashing through the ceiling in Stepping Stones, though time could be a little tight going that way.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And Then There Were Four looked neat but it seems way too forgiving to be in the last half of Mayhem, after things like It's Hero Time and Pea Soup.

We should've had more levels like it.
It looks forgiving, but it also looks like there's a lot that can go wrong. Plus there's a lot of multitasking that you have to juggle. It seems fitting for this part of the difficulty to me.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
What would happen if you assigned your two miners on either side of the blocker? Like so that they'd crash. Would they both keep digging to the under part or would they stop in the middle and stay in the top part? Of level 20 i mean

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Odd posted:

What would happen if you assigned your two miners on either side of the blocker? Like so that they'd crash. Would they both keep digging to the under part or would they stop in the middle and stay in the top part? Of level 20 i mean

that was my original assumption about what the level solution would be, but i'm guessing either only one would stop, or neither would stop, or it would require literal pixel perfect timing and spacing to get it to work

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

NEW UPDATE

I hope you enjoy the word "honestly"! Also I hope you enjoy these levels which are... kind of there. Mayhem definitely isn't putting the foot to the pedal here.

Or is it to lure you in a false sense of security?

Mayhem - Levels 21-25

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

I hope you enjoy the word "honestly"!
That's all part of the Psychedelic Eyeball LP experience. :v:

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Dammit, now I can't not hear it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, I feel we're losing some of the classic Psychedelic Eyeball experience because his English has been getting a lot better.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
I went back and watched some of Psychedelic Eyeball's Super Meatboy and I miss the use of "into" instead of "in". :-(

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

Honestly, I feel we're losing some of the classic Psychedelic Eyeball experience because his English has been getting a lot better.
Haha I see what you did there.

He's still a delight to listen to, even though (as I mentioned earlier) it was just a little jarring when he pronounced "sword" correctly in a recent LP, instead of "swerd" in his old Prince of Persia LPs. It's all good, though. I'll always tune in to whatever he's playing.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
If anybody was wondering, it is possible to save 100% on Mayhem 25 and by extension Tricky 13. You need to make the first 4 lemmings builders going right then have one build left while another builds purely for delay. Make a small bash on the left wall and immediately build before it breaks through.This is to contain the climber, who will seal the left bridge. After that, it proceeds the same way with the addition of building out to free the herd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

NEW UPDATE

I say the word "basically" a LOT of the time, so don't worry about it dude, some words just fit really good in your mouth you know?!

• Locked thread