Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://my.mixtape.moe/jfuunt.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

I was born in '81. Does that make me a gen X or millenial or what?

we had a thread about this just the other week

you are a millenial. it's terminal. I'm sorry. turn right at the desk for the ball pit if you need to let off some steam

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

we had a thread about this just the other week
GBS had a thread about millennials?

no way

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
farts

raton fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 6, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
hahaha look like a drat sears catalog from the forties and fifties

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Earliest cutoff I've seen for millennials is 1982. The five of so years prior are some kind of hosed over semi-generation

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Earliest cutoff I've seen for millennials is 1982. The five of so years prior are some kind of hosed over semi-generation
..who in retaliation created bands like Good Charlotte and Lacuna Coil, leading to the emo era of the mid-to-late-00s

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

drat.

The emo teens of the '05s are now the adults with big beards, big glasses and big pop culture tattoos. The goths of the 90s probably look like average doofs now tho, at least they made it out.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Lmao you wimp

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hehe

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hard counter posted:

drat.

The emo teens of the '05s are now the adults with big beards, big glasses and big pop culture tattoos. The goths of the 90s probably look like average doofs now tho, at least they made it out.
precisely. there was a tiny evolutionary period where suspenders and nerd glasses became popular combined with jet-black hair and make-up. then the latter went away entirely, and thus we have bearded, bespectacled millennials.

i think swaggots died out entirely and became absorbed into the general population.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Boyfriend wants to learn about cooking! :D He was the one who suggested that we cook together, and he even seemed cheerful about it! He'll pick out a dish, I'll get the ingredients, and we'll make it this weekend if we have time. It looks like everything is working out. :smug:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
act like gordon ramsay the whole time

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Shaquin posted:

act like gordon ramsay the whole time

link that gordon ramsay talking dirty video and i agree

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Nah, I'm gonna go for maximum irony. Be sure to comb the news next Sunday and Monday for a story about a young couple that died in a cooking-related fire :iamafag:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Please just make him fry some onions in a pan he'll feel like Gwarrh Rghga from the stone age.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I just ate biscuits and gravy w/three eggs, followed by a ham biscuit that I dipped into the sausage gravy I had left. Now I'm having a smoke in a gas station parking lot while I wait for it to turn 6:00A so I can buy beer.

I'm gonna die at 43 and it's gonna loving rule.

E: to clarify if you haven't seen my other posts in this thread, I'm a night shifter so it's goddamn beer-thirty for me while you other people go to work.

Also outage is over tonight so it's time to get my new arrows and enjoy much archery and beer!

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 6, 2016

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im thinkg ing about masturbating but im not sure

edit: gonig to have gril led chicke breast and frozen vegetable but i will heat up the froen vegetables in the microwave in a bowl first. i cover the bowl with cling wrap does anyone else do this i learned it frmo my mother

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Beer isnt even that good

Its ok i guess

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Beer isnt even that good

Its ok i guess

:agreed:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pththya-lyi posted:

Boyfriend wants to learn about cooking! :D He was the one who suggested that we cook together, and he even seemed cheerful about it! He'll pick out a dish, I'll get the ingredients, and we'll make it this weekend if we have time. It looks like everything is working out. :smug:

Congrats. Now, remember, first thing to teach him is how to boil water properly. Don't underestimate how critical a skill this is for a total noob at cooking (especially a man).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CrazyLoon posted:

Congrats. Now, remember, first thing to teach him is how to boil water properly. Don't underestimate how critical a skill this is for a total noob at cooking (especially a man).

Using heat correctly overall can't be overstated. About 8 years ago when I was a basic bitch at cooking, I tried to make tacos for my then-gf, now-wife. I just slapped some frozen ground beef in the pan and cranked the heat up to high, thinking it would make the beef thaw while it cooked. 10 minutes later the apartment was a smoky hellhole. That made me want to learn to cook for real. I've come so loving far with my cooking skills it's not even funny.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Considering that most people eat 3+ times every day I never understood how people didn't learn how to cook. Like even if you eat out daily, you're still practicin cooking every single day

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Considering that most people eat 3+ times every day I never understood how people didn't learn how to cook. Like even if you eat out daily, you're still practicin cooking every single day

If you don't count microwaving frozen dinners as "cooking," it's quite easy to be an adult in TYOOL 2016 who doesn't know how to cook

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

My parents are baby boomers so all they ever cooked is processed boxed poo poo.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Zzulu posted:

Beer isnt even that good

Its ok i guess

bradzilla posted:

My parents are baby boomers so all they ever cooked is processed boxed poo poo.

Lmao holy poo poo

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Old enough to get good jobs, young enough to know the american dream is dead and you might as well just have fun while you can.

hard counter posted:

drat.

Yep. Ex-90's goth, but I when through my "facial hair from an other century" look in like 04-09.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

3+ times !! Like, for bulking or extreme endurance sports ?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

bongwizzard posted:

Old enough to get good jobs, young enough to know the american dream is dead and you might as well just have fun while you can.

Yep. Ex-90's goth, but I when through my "facial hair from an other century" look in like 04-09.

What is your current form? Is it final?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
what happened to all the hippies ? They were supposed to fight the man and not conform

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

I hate cooking and have no taste and given the choice between a box of granola bars and a microwave dinner the choice is obvious, I'd rather not wait 3 minutes

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

je1 healthcare posted:

I hate cooking and have no taste and given the choice between a box of granola bars and a microwave dinner the choice is obvious, I'd rather not wait 3 minutes

your life sucks

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

bongwizzard posted:

Pretty long phase. Whenever I used to kill a beard after November, I'd let it sit in something dumb for a day or two, something like mutton chops, handlebars, fu manchus, etc. One time I had it shaved into an anchor, which did require the intervention of the Hitler 'stache for the complete anchor. I did a job interview like that, got it, then had my photo taken for the ID badge with that abomination. Good times.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I used to enjoy cooking and made all sorts of poo poo. Now I've lost my lust for life and just cram processed foods down my gullet and hope I don't puke.
I know it's well passed my time to go but starving seems like a real inefficient way to expire. :smug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Decebal posted:

what happened to all the hippies ? They were supposed to fight the man and not conform

They became what they beheld.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Decebal posted:

too many drugs imo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
for dinner yesterday i ate a box of presidents choice shrimp entres and it almost instantly gave me itis

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Imagine a spaghetti but it's like an inch and a half across and it's been boiled for an hour and a half

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Whiskey and Wine is not a good combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pththya-lyi posted:

If you don't count microwaving frozen dinners as "cooking," it's quite easy to be an adult in TYOOL 2016 who doesn't know how to cook

Who can eat that stuff daily and not feel/look like utter poo poo. Obviously plenty of people can, but I pity them

• Locked thread