Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I seriously hope that one of the major arcs this season is rescuing Job from the belly of the beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...man, those shots of Rebecca's corpse throughout the episode felt kind of unnecessary and gross :smith:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Are these old (the feel like somethign that would have been on s3s dvd so idk)? Cinemax has been uploading these small "origin" stories to yt they're pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javYLUfQb7U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXluAmMlfes

Bunkers and Jobs being my favorite

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone wise think they've started too many new things for a final season? We've got serial killer, white supremacists fighting Indians, Proctor as mayor, Bunker sleeping with his brothers wife, Job missing, getting the kids back, plus what ever the hell they're gonna show from the last two years and the final showdown of Hood/Proctor. I think I'm even forgetting some stuff.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Normally I'd say yes but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt; before I binged through to get ready for season 4 I had honestly forgotten how much they managed to cram into season 3: white supremacists, the Indian tribe, Louisiana, Hood's real son, the entire bank heist & aftermath, Proctor's mother + aftermath, Rebecca's power grab & aftermath, and I'm sure there are a few things I'm forgetting. I'm sure that they could have gotten a 10-12 ep season if they had asked.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the serial killer is someone we already know (Burton perhaps covering his tracks because he hated Rebecca?)

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 3, 2016

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah it's a lot but I think it's gonna loop into everything by the end. Even with the smaller episode count.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
damm hood's main squeezes keep droping like flies, Carrie's the only one left now huh?

e: are they ever gonna open that loving safe?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Eight episodes last I heard.

Also yeah who was the one handed dude?

Wasn't he one of the hillbillies that ambushed him on a prisoner transport? I thought it was something like he cut off his hand as a warning to the other hillbillies because he was sick of their poo poo and wanted to go home. I think it was in a riverbed.

I watched a bunch of S1, and a lot of what happened is stuff I thought happened in S3. There's so much insanity through all the seasons :stare:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just watching it now. That opening scene with Brock was wonderfully shot.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

LORD OF BUTT posted:

...man, those shots of Rebecca's corpse throughout the episode felt kind of unnecessary and gross :smith:

The first time they showed her body, it felt gratuitous to me too. But as it kept coming back, it really became disturbing. But in a way that really underscored the gruesomeness. I understood it was keeping Hood up at night. The more they showed it, the less unnecessary it felt.

This show has never been a letdown before, and I'm assuming they'll make this whole storyline with the serial killer work too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno whos idea it was to go this way for the final season, because hot drat that was gripping.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
At the risk of playing Captain Obvious for a second, what's interesting to me is that Rebecca seemed to know exactly what she was walking into, and I think that in and of itself makes it more interesting than your average serial killer plot. Why would she agree to die so horribly, and what does it have to do with Hood?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's Job. Job is the serial killer.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

richardfun posted:

The first time they showed her body, it felt gratuitous to me too. But as it kept coming back, it really became disturbing. But in a way that really underscored the gruesomeness. I understood it was keeping Hood up at night. The more they showed it, the less unnecessary it felt.

The montage at the end of a lot of her scenes throughout the show were kind of an underscore of "Hey remember how hot and sexy this girl was for the last 3 seasons? Well good luck remembering her that way now."

Wasn't in love with the time skip and serial killer arc but I guess we'll see how it goes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

Wasn't he one of the hillbillies that ambushed him on a prisoner transport? I thought it was something like he cut off his hand as a warning to the other hillbillies because he was sick of their poo poo and wanted to go home. I think it was in a riverbed.

Nope, that was a different family (Moody brothers). No hand cutting-off (it was an ear).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's Job. Job is the serial killer.

It's actually Doakes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

It's actually Doakes

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaybackJack posted:

The montage at the end of a lot of her scenes throughout the show were kind of an underscore of "Hey remember how hot and sexy this girl was for the last 3 seasons? Well good luck remembering her that way now."

Wasn't in love with the time skip and serial killer arc but I guess we'll see how it goes.

I think the time skip is genius.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Rocksicles posted:

I think the time skip is genius.

With that Avatar I guess you probably would.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I do love me a good time skip, it can go either way and just suck outright. But this looks like a winner.

Gotta say though, Bunkers brother is a piece of work.. No wonder Bunker is always loving tense!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Binged through the entire show in the past two weeks or so thanks to Jon Gabrus's podcast selling me on it. Was saying in Couch Chat that the end of season 3 was the best loving thing. So many emotions. Crosscut ammo loading scenes, sniper fights, knife fights, decapitations, fingers getting shot off, Sugar getting to kick rear end, Job getting to kick rear end, them both being hilarious, Gordon's death :smith: , hispanic gangster with eyebrow tattoos cutting off hands and heads with a loving chinese dao sword...Any other show would've had it be a katana, but Banshee don't play that poo poo!

Unfortunately coming down from that, I found the season 4 opener a bit of a disappointment. Positives: Timeskip is fine, Kai being Mayor totally makes sense, Brock is cool, Burton still gets to kick rear end and I find Bunker's brother to be quite an interesting character. Just that idea of some mild-mannered office worker family man secretly being a hardcore white supremacist is unsettling, even before he's crushing heads in vices while ranting about non-whites being on welfare.

But I think the show looks weird. I guess this is the season where they had to change shooting location? I thought it was season 3, but all the new buildings and the way it feels more like a city and less like some little backwoods town just feels really OFF to me. Even Sugar's bar somehow looks different and that's just a set so I don't even know why.

Also it still feels like they don't know what they're doing with Carrie. The resolution of the Dalton thread was real weak, and just reeks of hurriedly changed plans. The serial killer thing does seem tonally jarring for what the show is where it's suddenly gone from Bloodsport to The Killing (but I admit it's unfair to say based on one episode) or some poo poo. Where is Billy Raven? And I know this is the point, but I really miss Job (and Job's outfits). :smith:

Oh, and I'd like to believe that it's part of Lucas Hood's skillset that he can trim his beard down to a designer stubble with a pair of shears and also give himself a professional haircut.

Aphrodite posted:

What happened between Hood and the one handed guy? I don't remember that episode.
Glad I wasn't the only one left wondering. Maybe they'll flash back to that at some point?

But did no one else lol at the loving Sarah Palin t-shirt?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

also therapist Doakes, motherfucker!
Woah.

...! posted:

Rebecca. :(
Her and Dava have unfortunately been the most dead weight characters in the show for me, so I'm not that sad. Rebecca crossed too many lines to be sympathetic and was nowhere near cool enough to be interesting like Kai and Burton are.

It does seem like a bit of a waste, because back when she was left homeless and was basically forced to rely on her criminal uncle, who has her lovers strangled to death in front of her, like some terrifying hostage situation - that was interesting and she was sympathetic. But in season 3 they kinda chucked that out the window and she was just like "ooh, crime is fun".

Qmass posted:

I think I need to see Rebeccas corpse a time or two more, its not seared into my drat retinas yet.
Yeeeah, this got real tiresome.

Tokubetsu posted:

Are these old (the feel like somethign that would have been on s3s dvd so idk)? Cinemax has been uploading these small "origin" stories to yt they're pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=javYLUfQb7U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXluAmMlfes

Bunkers and Jobs being my favorite
Oh drat, thanks for reminding me. I've still got all of these Origin thingies to watch.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 4, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brock told Hood, Billy Raven is the new Chief at the ResPD

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Brock told Hood, Billy Raven is the new Chief at the ResPD
Oh thanks, I totally missed that. Nice end for the character. But I wonder if that's them writing the actor off the show and we'll never see him or the lady who didn't shoot Chayton ever again...

On a totally unrelated note, given the reveals with Dalton and Hood's backstory at the end of season 3, I was feeling like the only way this show and name-mystery could end was with the line "My name is Michael Westen..."

Given that he's now driving around an old muscle car, I have to assume this is actually canon.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Azhais posted:

It's actually Doakes
fuuuuck. I can totally see this panning out because *tinfoil hat on* why else do you get an actor that had a super-solid role in a major show in such a low key role.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

VagueRant posted:

Oh thanks, I totally missed that. Nice end for the character. But I wonder if that's them writing the actor off the show and we'll never see him or the lady who didn't shoot Chayton ever again...

On a totally unrelated note, given the reveals with Dalton and Hood's backstory at the end of season 3, I was feeling like the only way this show and name-mystery could end was with the line "My name is Michael Westen..."

Given that he's now driving around an old muscle car, I have to assume this is actually canon.

Might see him yet, it's only been one episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Qmass posted:

fuuuuck. I can totally see this panning out because *tinfoil hat on* why else do you get an actor that had a super-solid role in a major show in such a low key role.

The only things he's done since Dexter have been one off guest appearances actually.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I hope there's more funny moments, because the show has some surprisingly good humour sometimes. Brock meeting Platinummm springs to mind. Also basically I just wanted an excuse to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwhfDr5_rDA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new PD is lame. That is my only real complaint.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I miss the Cadi.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Weird how it only took a year and a half for Banshee to get to the size of Lexington, KY, and get funding for a brand new police precinct.

But then, Kai Proctor, a guy living in what I imagine is/was the only mansion in Banshee, is the mayor now. So upon remembering this, it felt much less weird.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Qmass posted:

Ideally it would be best if he was framed by the real killer

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

life is killing me posted:

Weird how it only took a year and a half for Banshee to get to the size of Lexington, KY, and get funding for a brand new police precinct.

But then, Kai Proctor, a guy living in what I imagine is/was the only mansion in Banshee, is the mayor now. So upon remembering this, it felt much less weird.

I got the impression that Kai personally paid for the new police station so that he could truly own the cops.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Also re: Kai's mansion, black ops recruiter's mansion looked mysteriously like Kai's place

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Looks like Jon Gabrus and pals are doing a podcast for each episode of the show, and are promising special guests. (Hoon Lee will apparently appear on a future ep, and I'm scared to hear his real voice without ending sentences with "motherFUCKA")

Season 4 ep 1 podcast:
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-37-banshee-special-s4e1-w-sean-clements-sean-conroy-2/
Note: they've watched a few of the eps and recorded these out of order, so they SPOIL a couple of things - nothing too major, but hey. You also might find Gabrus intolerable, they go off-topic a lot and they misremember story elements and names, so there's that too!

Previous eps:
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-33-banshee-w-sean-sean-and-ben/ (the one where they sold me on the show.)
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-36-fanshee-kickoff-episode-w-jonathan-tropper/ (the one where they talk to the series creator.)

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

life is killing me posted:

Also re: Kai's mansion, black ops recruiter's mansion looked mysteriously like Kai's place

They've moved the shooting location, so that seems unlikely.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm gonna do this now since I'll be out all day tomorrow. This week's episode: The Burden of Beauty

quote:

Carrie embarks on a vigilante crusade; Brock's gaze turns toward Lucas in the serial-murder case.

That night's preshow premiere will be The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, starting at 7:30 ET.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VagueRant posted:

Looks like Jon Gabrus and pals are doing a podcast for each episode of the show, and are promising special guests. (Hoon Lee will apparently appear on a future ep, and I'm scared to hear his real voice without ending sentences with "motherFUCKA")

Hoon is the voice of Splinter on the current TMNT series on Nickelodeon. It's hard to believe it's the same guy.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I just watched this episode and I'm glad the show is back. Sad that it's the final season though. When I was watching the season 4 premiere, I realized that in the time between season 3 and season 4 I've gotten 2 seasons of Daredevil. Doesn't really have to do with anything, just a funny thought.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, that ep explained the Bedecked plot and how he got his hand :stare: Still a slow burn to start the season, but at least Job is still alive, kinda :smith: I'm really excited to see where Bunker / his brother's plot goes, that was the story I think I was most excited about at the end of last year, just because I think Bunker and Calvin are both going to go completely apeshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That whole hillbilly meth dealer scene :stonk:

Job :ohdear:

• Locked thread