Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

One more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day one more day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Job :smith:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Weird how it only took a year and a half for Banshee to get to the size of Lexington, KY, and get funding for a brand new police precinct.

But then, Kai Proctor, a guy living in what I imagine is/was the only mansion in Banshee, is the mayor now. So upon remembering this, it felt much less weird.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Also re: Kai's mansion, black ops recruiter's mansion looked mysteriously like Kai's place

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

pahuyuth posted:

Has there always been an audio only preview of the next episode over the end credits? Noticed it on this episode... Hood said something like "Hey Leo. Where's Job?". Who is Leo? I don't recognize that name.

I got a full preview of the episode and it looked like they had captured Leo to savagely torture interrogate him, so I don't know why you only got audio. Sometimes you'll hear the audio before the little PiP pops up, but I've never seen an episode without a preview of next week's episode.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I find it hard to take Dushku seriously in anything as she's not a good actress at all. When she introduced herself and showed her badge and all that in the station, I cringed inwardly because it was so cliched and I feel like she's playing the same character she plays in every other show she's ever been in. The way she said "violent crimes..." was ridiculous.

All in all so far I'm not all that enthused with this season and they really need to make some poo poo jump off. I'm sticking with it since it's the last season and I love the show so much that I want to believe it's going to get better and go back to the Banshee we know and love, but I'm losing hope.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

They put that line in the trailer, which is mindblowing because it's one of the worst delivered lines in the show's history

I remember, and it was even worse in the actual episode for some reason. They try too hard to make her "cool" in stuff, and she tries too hard to be cool and say things in a cool way. I literally would have liked that scene (and her character) better if she had just walked in and gone, "Hi, I'm agent (whatever the poo poo her name is) so-and-so, FBI Violent Crimes" matter-of-factly and business-like. It would make it easier to suspend disbelief and also make it cooler when Hood inevitably lays that pipe in her because she'd be business-like, no-nonsense, and standoffish to start.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Latest podcast ep features Chris Coy (Calvin Bunker):
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-44-banshee-special-s4e5-w-chris-coy/

Nothing huge in this one, but Chris Coy was actually a really enthusiastic and entertaining guest. He was apparently a big fan of the show before he was on it, and originally auditioned for the part of Leo the hacker guy.

Couple of points:
  • Apparently Jonathan Tropper has pretty much said at wrap parties that if he doesn't like working with an actor he can fire them via killing them off. Which is weirdly true!
  • There's a S1 sex scene where Hood says to a woman (can't remember if it was Rebecca or the bar lady or...) "And you are?" and then it just cuts to them loving. Apparently she originally replied "Already wet." but they went with the more immediate smashcut to intercourse instead. Classic Banshee!
  • They pointed out the jailed white supremacist father-in-law was Godfather in Generation Kill - it had been bugging me the entire time, what I knew him from!

To point 2, it was Rebecca because I was going back through all the seasons again when my DVR recorded them all, presumably they aired because the final season was close at hand. And yeah also it flashbacked to this scene, I think, in the season premiere this year.

To point 3, yeah, his face is kind of hard to forget. I like(d) him better in this show than in GK for some reason.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I, too, was disappointed in the season compared to the others. And like other posters, I was also REALLY disappointed in the Burton/Hood fight. I had an idea that the killer was Burton, but kind of shoved it out of my mind and said it couldn't be him, it had to be the red herring Satanist guy. At any rate, the fight was really short and the editing was off. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who, throughout the entire run of the series, wanted really badly to see Hood and Burton fight. When we finally did get it, it's the final episode of the series and it ends up being a pretty big letdown. I wasn't bothered as much by how Hood just woke up with rage and will fuel--in fact, I thought it was fitting to have him flashback to his previous fights (Albino, Sanchez, meat packing plant fight with Proctor) where his willpower, rage and stubborn, dogged refusal to quit brought him out on top to win those fights. I even turned to my wife while Hood was slowly fading, in disbelief: "I'm really surprised here since this is what has kept him alive in fights like this where he was pretty much outmatched." She was reading an Outlander (another great show, haven't read the books but the show is pretty well-done) book for the 16th time and wasn't paying attention because she doesn't like the violence in the show, but that's beside the point. The point is, the fight seemed half-assed and not well thought-out, when I was expecting some brutal bloody fight that lasted for a few minutes. What we ended up getting was Burton pummeling Hood for what seemed like less than thirty seconds, and then Hood waking up and pummeling Burton for maybe ten seconds.

That said, positives:
  • Bunker vs Calvin
  • Brock and the RPG
  • Proctor presumably going out in a blaze of glory like an old-school mobster, complete with a drum-fed Tommy gun (Kai and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day)
  • Job's exit
  • Final scene with Sugar leaving the bar with the money

Also, does anyone remember what was up with the arrest report Eliza Dushku left on the bed while Hood was asleep? I thought it was the one that Hood had buried or something in like Season 2, but don't remember really.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

IDK if there's a thread for this, but did anyone catch Outcast last Friday?

It seems pretty compelling so far, the pilot was really good and creepy, and they got enough character development in for Patrick Fugit to make him interesting. The pilot was basically all the decent-to-good movies about exorcism condensed into one TV episode and done much better and creepier. It WAS pretty dark, with little to no humor involved given the main character's past and the overall plot, but if y'all didn't see it but are interested in having another show to watch in place of Banshee on Friday nights (and you're not creeped out by horror shows like this and can handle the dark subject matter), you could do worse than Outcast. I'm going to keep it in my queue, at least, unless it just gets dumb and lovely, because I like dark and brooding shows like this. Apparently Data was in the pilot too? I must have missed him.

Also, as an aside, though the series is over now, The Last Panthers was pretty good.

-Blackadder- posted:

I might have missed it, but did we ever find out Hood's real name? I think they decided to keep that one to themselves.

They didn't reveal it, and I'm fairly sure they let all the viewers know they didn't plan on it. I actually would have been pissed if they revealed his real name, and it didn't matter anyway. He was Lucas Hood to us all.

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 6, 2016

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I've been binging through the Amazon series Bosch and I did a double-take when Job showed up as a rich family man with a British accent.

Bosch is a pretty drat good show, IMO. I like Titus Welliver. I keep saying I'll read the books but never do get around to it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

All the Bosch commercials I've seen make it look like the most generic thing imaginable.

He even does the "my city" stuff.

I can't watch it anyway because it's on Amazon.

It's Bosch's character that makes the show compelling, really. Oh, and his house. That loving house.

• Locked thread