Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Eight episodes last I heard.

Also yeah who was the one handed dude?

Wasn't he one of the hillbillies that ambushed him on a prisoner transport? I thought it was something like he cut off his hand as a warning to the other hillbillies because he was sick of their poo poo and wanted to go home. I think it was in a riverbed.

I watched a bunch of S1, and a lot of what happened is stuff I thought happened in S3. There's so much insanity through all the seasons :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The killer was shown carrying Rebecca, which Deva wouldn't be able to do, but I don't think that would bother me. Sometimes you need to mislead the audience too.

Just like Scream, there's 2 killers working in tandem. Deva and Burton. :v:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Man I hope Leo gets his comeuppance. Poor Job doesn't even have his cut of the money :(

Not-Rebecca got off pretty easy. I thought Kai was going to do some really creepy poo poo to her.

Also it looks like the serial killer isn't Deva based on the last scene.

They're going to get the money back, right? :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I love that he still calls Hood sheriff and sir

Bunker is the best :3:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Serial Killer revealed: SATANISTS!

Poor Job :ohdear:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Wheeee posted:

That was a terrible episode in a lame season.

It's pretty obvious that they ran out of ideas after last season and just needed to drag this finale out. Turns out the short final season wasn't due to a crazy breakneck pace to the finish line, it was because they're meandering lost and just want it to end.

That's what I thought too. I was amped up for the final season to be an unhinged Hood finally cleansing Banshee of Kai, especially after how bananas the previous seasons have been. And maybe Rebecca/Burton takes his place, because crime is like weeds or whatever.

Nope. Could it beeeeee

SATAN?!?

red19fire fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 24, 2016

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Wheeee posted:

It was really loving stupid and the final shot of her running away was so bad it was funny

It was ridiculous because it has her surrounded by a burning meth lab and has an obvious Oh poo poo look on her face. Cut to Job freaking out in the car, then magically Carrie is out on the lawn while the lab explodes. It was like a corny deus ex machina moment.

VV Is it? so it's just bad editing?

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 25, 2016

red19fire
May 26, 2010

VagueRant posted:

Except I would bet that whatever happens in the finale, Hood survives and walks away from the town. He's the Man With No Name, after all. (If anything, I'm worried everyone will survive...)

I'm hoping Hood will finally take down Kai for good, cleanse Banshee of its major crime figures, then let Brock take the credit as an act of redemption and walk out of town.

I figured Burton was going to kill off Cruz after botching the Carrie hit, but I figured it would be more like finishing off a wounded deer after getting clipped by Job or something like that. Not just Burton showing up in your shower.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

When Burton was choking Hood I thought the flashback implied he would use that destructive elbow block he learned from the Albino, which would have been a neat throwback. And maybe have Sugar sell the bar to Deva or Carrie for a dollar before he leaves.

Season was weak overall but the finale was a nice ending for a pretty tremendous show.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

drat almost nobody watched this show. Around 390k for the finale lol

The 7 episodes leading up to it probably explains this.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

I would've liked it more had we actually gotten to see Burton demolish the chumps in their own clubhouse :(

In a certain sense, this last season is a testament to doing what you can with a minuscule budget on a cult show, and i respect it on that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

There's at least 3 The Wire alumni on Luke Cage.

:siren: Marlo Stanfield is in Quarry

screech on the beach posted:

It is very bleak and depressing and makes me very uncomfortable to watch. If you dig that kind of show you'll love it.

I am really digging this show. Also an amazing soundtrack.

E: Dewey Crow is not loving around :stare: Can this thread now be the Greg Yaitanes Appreciation Station?

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 6, 2016

• Locked thread