Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Really disappointed in this purchase now. I kind of figured that there would only be a week's worth of content and that the meat of the game would be an endless grind. They delivered. After week 1, the only reason to play was to run dailies.

AT LEAST MAKE SURE THE loving DAILIES WORK BEFORE SHIPPING THIS PIECE OF poo poo.

Also where are the destructible environments, dynamic reflections and global lighting, and accumulating snow / weather-impacted environment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
You're like that guy in that Simpsons episode that poked fun at itchy and scratchy because itchy played scratchy's ribcage like a xylophone and hits the same rib twice but produced two different notes. Like out of all the poo poo you can legit criticize the game over you're wondering where accumulated snow is?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Division is Poochy and he needs to die now

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm actually kinda annoyed that they can't figure out how to get the dailies to work consistently.

Other than that I'm ok with the post-game stuff. The 0-160 DZ has been more consistent lately, lotta people going rogue and it's fun to hang around and wait for them to screw up so you can snipe them all real quick.

One dude was on local chat going on and on about how proud he was that he killed me with three other dudes helping, unfortunately it didn't work that way when he died a few minutes later and respawned by me.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

moist turtleneck posted:

I check back every so often in the futile hope that the drops will not suck anymore, until that happens there is literally no point in playing a looty shooty where you will wait 400 hours to get a better gun/armor/hat.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xxEightxx posted:

You're like that guy in that Simpsons episode that poked fun at itchy and scratchy because itchy played scratchy's ribcage like a xylophone and hits the same rib twice but produced two different notes. Like out of all the poo poo you can legit criticize the game over you're wondering where accumulated snow is?

Hahaha

moist turtleneck posted:

Awww :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I stopped playing before the incursion because what do I even need better loot for? The Dark Zone, which always sucked? I don't think I get loot games.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Reverse Centaur posted:

I stopped playing before the incursion because what do I even need better loot for? The Dark Zone, which always sucked? I don't think I get loot games.

Nobody likes Reverse Centaur.

titties
May 10, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

You're like that guy in that Simpsons episode that poked fun at itchy and scratchy because itchy played scratchy's ribcage like a xylophone and hits the same rib twice but produced two different notes.
Yeah that's some bullshit

xxEightxx posted:

Like out of all the poo poo you can legit criticize the game over you're wondering where accumulated snow is?
Yes, as an aside. The brunt of my complaint is the part where how come the dailies can't work right.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

titties posted:

Also where are the destructible environments, dynamic reflections and global lighting, and accumulating snow / weather-impacted environment?

Snow accumulate on top of players if they stay idle too long in a place. I have notice it at least once waiting for a incursion to start. And he lighting is fantastic.

Destruction-anything, not so much, but we have seen this generation of consoles can't quite deliver the 1080p60FPS that has been standard in the PC for many years. Maybe the Playstation 4.5 will be able to deliver some of these effects without losing quality.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tei posted:

Snow accumulate on top of players if they stay idle too long in a place. I have notice it at least once waiting for a incursion to start. And he lighting is fantastic.

Destruction-anything, not so much, but we have seen this generation of consoles can't quite deliver the 1080p60FPS that has been standard in the PC for many years. Maybe the Playstation 4.5 will be able to deliver some of these effects without losing quality.

They can, it's just an optimization issue. I believe Uncharted 4 is supposed to do 1080p/60fps.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
New loot changes sound good on paper. We'll see how well it's actually implemented. I like that they're adding daily targets in addition to weekly targets.

Wxhode
Mar 29, 2016

by R. Guyovich
How's the community on this game these days, and are there any patch/balance issues pending? I'm looking for a new game and this is under consideration.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Wxhode posted:

How's the community on this game these days, and are there any patch/balance issues pending? I'm looking for a new game and this is under consideration.

Buy Overwatch when it comes out, skip this one. It's kind of boring and unbalanced and grindy, and if you don't have friends playing it you're in for kind of a rough time.

If you have a bunch of friends who play it it's a fun time, but I suspect you wouldn't be posting your question if you did.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
If there are any people that still play this game on Xbox One, I'm looking for a DZ XP crew when 1.2 comes out. Still looking to hit DZ 75.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Rick_Hunter posted:

If there are any people that still play this game on Xbox One, I'm looking for a DZ XP crew when 1.2 comes out. Still looking to hit DZ 75.

:rip: lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Rick_Hunter posted:

Crickets would be chirping right now if some hacker didn't mow them all down with an instant clip of machine gun ammo

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Rick_Hunter posted:

I play on Xbox One. GT: MinimaulAK

I think I'm DZ Rank 64.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

moist turtleneck posted:

Crickets would be chirping right now if some hacker didn't mow them all down with an instant clip of machine gun ammo

Lmao

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
I hosed up and relapsed and played some of the new poo poo going in blind, it was actually kinda fun. Did the high value targets stuff and I got a full set of 240 Lone Star poo poo somehow.

The new DZ changes suck rear end, I went into DZ03 to check the blueprints and the purps were lvl33 and very rapey.

titties
May 10, 2012

I like the HVT stuff too, could use some tight govt bros to shoot humans and take their belongings. PSN: mr_dread

titties
May 10, 2012

Has anyone noticed anything different about their weapon talents after the patch? I am sure my SMG used to do an additional 30% damage inside a certain range but now it does not.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

They made Brutal additive, not multiplicative, is it possible they did the same to the range talent?

titties
May 10, 2012

I might have been thinking about a different weapon as well, idfk.

----------

Patch went out yesterday (at least on PS4). Seems to have fixed the multiplying UI, as well as the problem I was having where I could not mark anything as junk. Dailies are working again too.

I've been having fun doing the HVT's but I could use some help on the weekly targets, those encounters are harder and I am bad. PSN: mr_dread

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

titties posted:

I might have been thinking about a different weapon as well, idfk.

----------

Patch went out yesterday (at least on PS4). Seems to have fixed the multiplying UI, as well as the problem I was having where I could not mark anything as junk. Dailies are working again too.

I've been having fun doing the HVT's but I could use some help on the weekly targets, those encounters are harder and I am bad. PSN: mr_dread

we should be friends, i think. i play most nights, psn superfivefive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Good pdx45 and great Arminius today folks

• Locked thread