Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Anyone want to cheese the Lincoln Tunnel guy later tonight at like 9:45 or 10:00 EST? I will be hanging out with a sleeping baby for a couple hours so might as well be productive. PSN - brianisnotdoug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Hm, I have a yellow MP5 at the moment so I may go for the 74. Thanks!

If it's level 31 it might make sense to get some of the mod blueprints or something else instead. I believe MP5s are generally better than Vectors depending on perks.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

I can join up around 9:45 or 10:00 probably. I don't think that will be an issue if you're doing the big group glitch.

PSN - brianisnotdoug

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Any of you cool PS4 dudes doing Hornet farming tonight? I'd love to join with my 130K having vector bum rear end.

I could probably do this for a while the night after 9:45 EST.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I am also down for grouping with whatever if I am online (Usually 9:00 - 12:00 AM EST). Roughly the same stats as lunchbox above so I can probably help get people through challenge modes as well. PSN - brianisnotdoug

Incidentally, in my experience if you just join random Lexington matchmade challenge mode groups lately you have like a 50%+ chance of it being a multi-groups instance so that could be something to take advantage of if no one is on.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Since it may get patched at some indeterminate point does anyone want to farm Hornet tonight around 10:00 EST? PSN - brianisnotdoug

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Congobongo posted:

Not sure if this is as efficient as Hornet farming, but last night with some pubbies they introduced me to Finch farming.

Basically you run Lincoln Tunnel all the way to the end. You need to use the mobile cover exploit to glitch through the exit fence while you keep Finch alive. You can get him to respawn by having one member in your group die in the mission area, while the rest of the party sits outside of the "blue zone".

The guy that dies will be able to fast travel back to your party since they're outside the mission area, Finch will respawn and ad nauseum. You'll have to glitch through the fence again to grab your loot. Whenever you need more ammo you can fast travel back to a safe house or die and fast travel back to your group.

We did that a couple nights in a row. Works great but he has a tendency to drop down out of view.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Shoren posted:

Sorry LowPartz, Brine, et al, I picked up at least 15 yellows last night farming Hornet :getin:. My scavenging was at 185% (and 193% after I picked up another scavenging mod partway through) so it definitely does have an effect on your drop quality. Most of those yellows were sights with +range on them so they were mostly useless, but I did get a HE Black Market AK and an LVOA with sustained and +crit damage.

If they didn't patch out the farming methods, then the best piece of advice I can give for farming Hornet is to keep everyone to the left of the gate and shoot out the wall. This way you can fire in when Hornet spawns and he'll stand there like a bitch and let you kill him without taking cover. Dedicate one person with the worst aim/DPS to die and reset the encounter because the wall damage is pseudo-clientside and resets when you respawn so they can't fire through again. It's ridiculously lucrative.

I got two with 112 scavenging so I can conclude that I hate the Russian Consulate.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

bubbapook posted:

It's at the advanced gear vendor in the Tech Wing, 31 I believe. Think it was around 120 birdbux.

Supposedly this is being fixed in the next patch.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Egg Poacher posted:

* you know what? this means gently caress all. I was 120-140k firearms (between my primary M1A/secondary MP5), 75k health and 60% damage mitigation from armour.

I love that this game has managed to have two separate methods of measuring gear that are completely unreliable.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

chami posted:

Any ps4 goons up for doing the incursion?

Not sure if you want to do it tonight, but I would be available around 9:30-10:00 EST. PSN - brianisnotdoug

Alternately if anyone else wants to try it I'm down with getting a group together.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Brine posted:

Not sure if you want to do it tonight, but I would be available around 9:30-10:00 EST. PSN - brianisnotdoug

Alternately if anyone else wants to try it I'm down with getting a group together.

Anyone interested in running this in 20 or so minutes?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
If anyone one wants to try the challenge mode incursion again tonight at 9:45 ESTI think I have a strategy that might work! It's totally legit; just make sure you only wear electronics gear and maybe some cool down reduction. Also be able to glitch through a wall.

PSN - brianisnotdoug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

el B posted:

Hoooly poo poo I just watched a video of a dude showing off the 4 gear set perks of Sentry. God drat i need that. 4 Sentry 2 Striker defo seems like the move.

What's the 2 gear bonus for sentry?

+30% or something to headshot damage. It's pretty nice.

• Locked thread