Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Love this game, can't get enough of it. Typically running around solo and introducing randoms to Dr. Zoidberg :zoid:
XBONE: R0BERTC0P

LVL30; low health, high DPS. I'm looking to run the Daily challenge whenever possible. I'm anti-rogue in the DZ until someone in the group pops it.
Couldn't complete the power plant in a public group yesterday after several people swapped out. Need items for boosting my overall health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

That's right! Me and Colon have been sweeping the DZ in morning runs. I'm almost 30 for some of that sweet bitcoin gear.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/Z2UkjPJ.webm

Hell yeah, these servers are working great!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

FELL IN 2 TRUK : (
PLZ SEND HELP

http://i.imgur.com/cTd2Gjb.webm

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The weirdest thing was I went to the base and went to dismantle a few blues for weapon parts and they said "dismantling contaminated weapons yields no weapon parts". I had to google it because I don't know what that means and it turns out that's something about dark zone weapons, which would make sense except I've never been inside the dark zone ever. :psyduck:

I got this message a few times over the weekend and thought I had done something wrong with extracting my gear. Turns out it was because I clicked through the menus too quickly, it started giving me the correct info boxes when I exited the crafting vendor and opened the menu again.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Spent almost 45minutes getting through Russian Consulate last night with pubbies and one guy left at the penultimate shootout after several wipes. I ran backand had to use the wall glitch on a set of closed doors to get alllll the way back to the beginning, so I could invite ONE more person and finish things.

Then, I got lucky and walked into another goddamn crate.
http://i.imgur.com/eY7A1ll.gifv

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Oh yeah, and one of the enemy seeker mines followed me while I was crawling and waited to explode until I got back up; during my animation to stand, so I survived it.
http://i.imgur.com/pxmP9El.webm
Sadly the xbox only captured the first half.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Tei posted:

Is that neccesary? setting the group to public works for me. But you need to convince the new player to kill himself and wipe, so everyone spawn again.

Nobody in the group had an online friend capable of joining. I had to hit the entrance to the mission to roll a public invitation to another random.
I didn't think they could join after reaching certain segments in missions.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Been chaining challenging missions with public groups and I'm starting to consistently pull my weight!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

GET MY BELT SON posted:

time to step up your sidearm game fella

You know, as soon as I hit lvl30, I wasted crafting on my first gold -- that sidearm pistol that isn't worth two tugs of a dead dog's dick.
I feel like uzi\mp11 should have been in the sidearm caregory but double-barrels are looking nice for now. Maybe an autopistol or burst option would be more fulfilling.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The daily challenge swaps between missions around 7pm CST every day. You can repeat any mission on Hard and it will scale to the highest-level player in the group.
Otherwise most missions allow you to re-do them as Challenging, but only one will award you an additional 20 birdcoins and a piece of gear or some other bonus.

Today is the Power Plant. :negative:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Are you playing on the Xbox? When you hold down the Y button [triangle on PS4] to replay the mission, hover over the 'Challenging' and see if there are 20 phoenix credits being earned for completing it in addition to the 30 standard reward. If not, you may want to quit the game and restart. Not certain that it needs to be force for console players.
I'm usually in the middle of finishing a challenging mission before the rotation so when I come out of it I check my map and it's already been updated.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

You are my BFB hero.

...meanwhile; did you know that elevators are not considered safe areas anymore?
Going down:
http://i.imgur.com/DlouXTp.gifv

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hey Hockles, if you're still looking for group fun, let's tag up and nail some challenge runs tonight. I'm getting my completion times for Lexington down to ~15min in public groups.
If you aren't on I'll be working through a second character because I convinced a friend to pick this up and it's still a really solid game before hitting lvl30.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hockles posted:

I should be on, but not too late. What's your gamertag?
I'm R0BERTC0P. I added you earlier today :)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I got a yellow drop on the last go-around! It was a worthless mask, but free materials are always appreciated. Afterwards, I hit the exact birdcoin requirement for a stamina gear mod and electronics backpack so I'm looking forward to rolling a bunch more on the challenges to scoop up those coins.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Couldn't drag a public group through the power plant for the first time in what feels like forever. They all gave up at the hardest segment after 5 wipes; that grenade spam is just loving insane at points.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hockles posted:

on the roof during Lexington. Once you get off the elevator, rush to the back left where the hostage is. There is minimal grenade spam, and you can pick off the enemies before rushing up and finishing everyone off.

This is a really keen exploit and I want to find a facsimile in other challenge missions. You can keep the groups in the Power Plant busy if you simultaneously hit all three pumps to stop the timer; then haul rear end back to the hallway before the stairs and you can sort-of keep everyone single-filing their way to you.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Hitting all three was just to stop the timer but it bit us in the rear end because the enemy wave spawns became randomized and difficult to predict.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Can anyone tell me what weapon sounds like Tanya (From C&C Red Alert)'s Colt .45 pistols being spammed? I hear that sound going off from at least one teammate each PUG and really want to know what the gently caress is making that noise.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Cross-posting this knowledge bomb:

Count Freebasie posted:

Is there any point at all to running the DZ solo, or is it an exercise in futility? I'd like to get some good gear relative to my level, but I assume that trying to do it outside of a group is pretty much an impossibility. Thoughts?

Snuffman posted:

Its very do-able and worth it, you just have to be smart about it.

If you're cruising the DZ solo:

- Stick to the lower areas DZ01 and DZ02.

- Run cloak pulse to hide yourself from rogues when extracting. Also helps you spot players as well.

- Secondary abilities, well, people will argue endlessly. I prefer +dmg +def heal so I can stay on the move and not waste my medkits. Turrets can be a nice distraction against NPCs but they also scream "HEY THERES A PLAYER HERE". Same goes for the healing station.

- Never. Ever. hang out right AT the extraction. You're making yourself an easy target for rogues. Hide within viewing distance and use the cloak pulse. When it looks clear, run in and extract. Also, the NPC spawns won't surround and kill you.

- Rogues don't just pulse in the radar, they pulse on the big map too. Use it to your advantage to be situationally aware of where the rogues are.

- At lower levels, I found that it wasn't worth hitting the DZ until I was just about to be pushed to the next bracket (14, 19, 24) if I was running solo.

If all else fails (or you want to go into the deeper DZ)

- If you see another solo player, ask if they want to team up or just send them an invite. I don't know about the consoles, but on the PC people are really willing to team up. Heck, I now have a regular group of people (in addition to my regular buddies) in my friend list I can team up with that I met through the game just by teaming up with solos in the DZ.
(emphasis, mine)

I found a good group of people waltzing around the low bracket DZ and have worked through up to DZ03 so far with them. :3:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Not quite nuclear yet, but getting closer:
http://i.imgur.com/wVgVNyX.gifv

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

JetsGuy posted:

LOCK AND LOAD

hahahahahhaha

CH-CHINNGGGG

I've gathered that it's a marksman rifle from seeing the distance people are from me when I hear it go off. The accuracy has to be abysmal if they're feathering the trigger on it.
Also, the explosions in this game are loving awesome!
http://i.imgur.com/HfRBBfk.gifv

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I've gotten a gold scope and muzzle brake since the latest patch updates and I'm really looking forward to eventually getting a marksman rifle or enough birdcoins to craft one.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I never got to try the new horde mode for jerks and they've already gone and ruined it by pulling my chances to even get the drat rewards if I try it now. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I basically walked these pubbies through the tunnel challenge just now and they started bitching that I killed the last guy before the timer ran down as they cowered behind me. start up leave lobby. gently caress those pussies
Haven't heard anyone complain about that one before but do you lose out on anything if someone is downed or dead when teammates kill the boss?

http://i.imgur.com/Oe0WRAM.gifv

• Locked thread