Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I hope that our few remaining friends
Give up on trying to save us
I hope we come up with a fail-safe plot
To piss off the dumb few that forgave us

I hope the fences we mended
Fall down beneath their own weight
And I hope we hang on past the last exit
I hope it's already too late

And I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here
Someday burns down
And I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away
And I never come back to this town again

In my life, I hope I lie
And tell everyone you were a good wife
And I hope you die
I hope we both die

I hope I cut myself shaving tomorrow
I hope it bleeds all day long
Our friends say it's darkest before the sun rises
We're pretty sure they're all wrong

I hope it stays dark forever
I hope the worst isn't over
And I hope you blink before I do
And I hope I never get sober

And I hope when you think of me years down the line
You can't find one good thing to say
And I'd hope that if I found the strength to walk out
You'd stay the hell out of my way

I am drowning, there is no sign of land
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand
And I hope you die
I hope we both die

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
i'm an atheist and i haven't puked in like 7 years. :smug:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
praying for everyone ITT. bless your souls.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

A FILM
QUESTION
NARWHAL

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Who the hell actively cultivates a neckbeard. What the gently caress?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Before I found reddit I felt as if I was drowning in an anti-intellectual quagmire.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Full Definition of quagmire
: soft miry land that shakes or yields under the foot

I don't think you can drown in a quagmire, no matter how anti-intellectual

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

you're a moron

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

you're a moron

You're not liked by anybody.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Hell Yeah!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

You're not liked by anybody.

I like him, but I'm with ya here pal:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Good thread concept OP

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Before I found Reddit I was pulling a buggy with my giant horse teeth.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
xenu is the way

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

I know a dude who is a dead ringer for this pic. I should probably be a huge rear end in a top hat and forward it to him and inquire where it was taken.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Republican outreach program relating to Americas youth. :airquote:

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
if god is real then why come we can't see god

le checkmate, christians *sheaths katana and walks towards the setting sun, slipknot t-shirt blowing in the wind*

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I like him, but I'm with ya here pal:

I dont think he grew his beard like that

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

And dresses like the Joker's henchman from a 90's era Batman movie

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I gotta say it's peak humanity to be afraid of the atheism label just cause some ugly asocial people ascribe to it. You ain't fooling anyone by politely identifying as agnostic, unless you give the same leeway to people who believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or the loch ness monster under a "well it's not like we have hard proof they're wrong" stance you're an atheist and the only distinction you're trying to make is whether you care enough to argue.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I gotta say it's peak humanity to be afraid of the atheism label just cause some ugly asocial people ascribe to it. You ain't fooling anyone by politely identifying as agnostic, unless you give the same leeway to people who believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or the loch ness monster under a "well it's not like we have hard proof they're wrong" stance you're an atheist and the only distinction you're trying to make is whether you care enough to argue.

nah agnosticism is the only truly correct position because it acknowledges that we just don't know about stuff but thanks dick dorkins

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

nah agnosticism is the only truly correct position because it acknowledges that we just don't know about stuff but thanks dick dorkins

Atheism is when you know God doesn't exist because government contractors and people holding bibles and cops are beating you up in public in the name of the god you grew up half-assedly believing in.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
just posting to see size of my siggy so i can make a new one sorry

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

"Proof that god's not real: What decent god would prevent a 35 yr old man from losing his virginity???" -Atheists

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hell Yeah posted:

This is a dumb distinction because it implies that the majority of people who identify as atheist wouldn't be willing to change their position if presented with evidence of the existence of god. While I'm sure you could find some idiot somewhere that would stubbornly insist that even if jesus started walking the earth again and could perform all his old miracles that they'd just assume it was some Illuminati conspiracy via top secret scientific research the vast majority of self identified atheists would be willing to go "okay I guess the christians were right after all". All atheism is as a core ideology is saying that with no evidence to support the idea of god there's not a good reason to believe in one anymore than any rational person would believe in imaginary friends or any other supernatural phenomenon with lack of proof. Agnosticism has essentially been coopted as a mealy mouthed way of expressing this but it's really just atheism in disguise.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

This is a dumb distinction because it implies that the majority of people who identify as atheist wouldn't be willing to change their position if presented with evidence of the existence of god. While I'm sure you could find some idiot somewhere that would stubbornly insist that even if jesus started walking the earth again and could perform all his old miracles that they'd just assume it was some Illuminati conspiracy via top secret scientific research the vast majority of self identified atheists would be willing to go "okay I guess the christians were right after all". All atheism is as a core ideology is saying that with no evidence to support the idea of god there's not a good reason to believe in one anymore than any rational person would believe in imaginary friends or any other supernatural phenomenon with lack of proof. Agnosticism has essentially been coopted as a mealy mouthed way of expressing this but it's really just atheism in disguise.

hey i don't care about this discussion i was just making fun of you cause you're a dumbass.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
arbitraryc you are just dumb as hell

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

ArbitraryC posted:

All atheism is as a core ideology is saying that with no evidence to support the idea of god there's not a good reason to believe in one anymore than any rational person would believe in imaginary friends or any other supernatural phenomenon with lack of proof. Agnosticism has essentially been coopted as a mealy mouthed way of expressing this but it's really just atheism in disguise.

Um, no.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

arbitraryC suck my D

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not even 1 page and a promsing thread has been derailed. gently caress YOU ARBITRARYC!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread