Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
places lik passages malibu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96XdnN6bNE

doesn't look like a legit medical facility

is this some insurance scam

I'm asking for a friend (he's a drug addict)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
genesplicer gay

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 30, 2016

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
ya op they look nice. i went to a rehab that had a chainlink fence and was in the industrial area of town and it was no passages malibu let me tell you

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ways to scam insurance. How is is that for an excuse!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E4S0XWPMgQ

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
"I should know, I was an addict, now I'm not."

That's a ballsy proclamation Pax Prentiss. I'm pretty sure that's not how addiction works.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
All rehab is a scam.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Nigmaetcetera posted:

All rehab is a scam.

yes agreed wholeheartedly

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Vietnam Vets had somewhere around 5% readdiction to Heroine when they came from the war.. "Rehab clinics" has upwards 70-80%.. These war vets virtualy quit over night.. so something is wrong with the current "rehabs".
That being said: We need a GBS rehab probably. Or a Victims center. Could be good cash.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I only goto rehab when I need new hookups.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

"I should know, I was an addict, now I'm not."

That's a ballsy proclamation Pax Prentiss. I'm pretty sure that's not how addiction works.

Sounds like a made up name if I ever heard one. And what assurances can he give the patients that he isn't simply going to just take all their money one day and go on a meth/dick binge?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Uxzuigal posted:

Vietnam Vets had somewhere around 5% readdiction to Heroine when they came from the war.
I've only ever seen this very specific statistic in a shill piece by a guy called James Clear that was reposted uncritically by the Huffington Post, any other sources?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i've quit almost all of my drugs through will power\

quit smoking 10 years ago

i still smoke a lot of weed and I buy coke on special occasions but i don't do speed or any crazy RC poo poo anymore

rehab are for weak fools with nothing to live for

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

jBrereton posted:

I've only ever seen this very specific statistic in a shill piece by a guy called James Clear that was reposted uncritically by the Huffington Post, any other sources?

Afraid not, I did work with drug addicts and it was quoted to me by one of my leaders, I also read the James Clear thing.

I did find this small snippet on the interewebs however: http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/99/4/235.short
While it isn't very long og complete, it gives a indicator I supose.

I've always thought that addiction is being treated the wrong way, the HOW to treat it however is very hard to find a good answere to. I do not believe the multi billion "rehab" industry holds the answere however.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Uxzuigal posted:

Afraid not, I did work with drug addicts and it was quoted to me by one of my leaders, I also read the James Clear thing.

I did find this small snippet on the interewebs however: http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/99/4/235.short
While it isn't very long og complete, it gives a indicator I supose.
Yeah seems like "they moved from weak south asian heroin to barbiturates" is a bit less rosy.

quote:

I've always thought that addiction is being treated the wrong way, the HOW to treat it however is very hard to find a good answere to. I do not believe the multi billion "rehab" industry holds the answere however.
100% agreed, same with mental health which I think at a certain point is a lot like addiction for the sick.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Uxzuigal posted:

Vietnam Vets had somewhere around 5% readdiction to Heroine when they came from the war.. "Rehab clinics" has upwards 70-80%.. These war vets virtualy quit over night.. so something is wrong with the current "rehabs".

so what you're saying is that we need to hire some viet cong to shoot at drug addicts?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Sounds like a made up name if I ever heard one. And what assurances can he give the patients that he isn't simply going to just take all their money one day and go on a meth/dick binge?

Has to be a front for Cobra. No way that's not Serpentor in some stupid outfit

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

OP you need to go to rehab for bad posting.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9ZkYViEIs

There's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes,
and Jesus Christ died for nothin I suppose.

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Uxzuigal posted:

That being said: We need a GBS rehab probably. Or a Victims center. Could be good cash.

Only cuz the white vets didn't have any sweet heroin hook-ups when they got home to Bama. Hard to be junkie if you can't score it. Still it must have been some sort of problem because methodone clinics in the US were the result of returning vet strung out on heroin.

Looks at the rates of returning Civil War vets addicted to morphine - it was called "the soldiers disease" ffs. Course you could buy morphine down at the corner store back then, so..

BunnySkull fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 27, 2016

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Come experience the super successful addiction cure that I developed to treat my own son.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

it is very funny to me that white folk being junkies is such a huge problem now that they advertise rehab on daytime TV. also that guy still looks like a junkie he gon rob everyone

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Rehabs are for people who are hoping someone will give them a reason to quit. If they actually wanted to quit, they'd just quit.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
if you got a good deal of money you just go to a nice hotel where they give you spa treatments and hand jobs probably when your addicted to heroin and want to take a break for a month before returning to the drug filled world of upper middle class to upper class america

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I listened to this interview clip a few years ago, don't know if it works but it explains why rehab centres don't always have the best interests of the addicts in mind

Beat Hard Drug Addiction With High Doses Of Vitamin C

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Given a cola by a person who killed women is way to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOK2JzsU37I

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I don't get why you guys don't trust a confessed drug addict named "Pax Prentiss".

If he wasn't serious about helping people I don't think he would have left his Cyberpunk Dystopia.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
drug addicts post really good music

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I was an addict, now I'm not!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
When rich people get busted for drug offenses, they get to vacation in luxury hotels instead of getting hosed up in hard jail like poor people. That's why rehab facilities exist.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
"Your honor, as you can see my client is an otherwise upstanding member of society who made some wrong choices. He has arranged to get the help he needs and would ask that he be allowed to pursue proper treatment in lieu of going to jail."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Uxzuigal posted:

Don't most people who get out of rehab go right back to the same situation, same neighbourhood and same friends as soon as they get out of rehab? So all their triggers are right there. And their druggie friends and/or dealers are right there encouraging them to try just one.

Vets who were users overseas come home and none of their triggers are there. Completely different environment. Different friends, different relationships, much different routine. Their dealers and the guys they like to get high with probably aren't even in the same city, nevermind the same neighbourhood. Finding new dealers is possible of course, but it takes some effort. So once they detox there isn't much in their environment to encourage them to go back to drugs.

Obviously people who go to rehab should just stay there forever. Going home will only lead to trouble.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

Obviously people who go to rehab should just stay there forever. Going home will only lead to trouble.

This seemed to be the consensus at the rehab place I went to. I'd say probably 40% of them had been there before. That's one of the many reasons I left after three days. The main reasons were that they recognized I was a bad fit for the place (i.e. not a sucker), I talked in group about how it was self-evident that everything was meaningless and their new-age quackery was laughable, and most importantly, they were willing to give me all my money back if I would just please leave. Haven't drank in four weeks.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

When I went to rehab I was already formed for mental health issues and in a facility that had a rehab program and when they found out I did drugs (three weeks after I entered the facility, and three weeks sober) they decided to send me to rehab and they basically just yelled at us and told us we were garbage lol yeah that will help me get off the drugs! Admittedly thanks to my own efforts I am almost 5 years sober now.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Like getting the resolve to lose weight, or get in shape, or finish your degree, a lifestyle change like getting off drugs has to start in your brain. You have to be 100% on board before you start or you will lose the motivation. A rehab clinic isn't going to give you that motivation, it's just going to remove your access to whatever you were addicted to. If you get yourself 100% dedicated to kicking drugs, then you don't need the rehab, you just need someone to help you clean up all the puke for the first few days (depending on whatever you were addicted to. Your puke experiences may vary).

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/kIpVEF4.gif
:nws:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

once on the inside they are basically fascist torture chambers for victims of the drug war. look at that bald bitch, u think he was ever really habitually using drugs??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3pdDKCIV7Y

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
phillip k dick is the best

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

GORDON posted:

Like getting the resolve to lose weight, or get in shape, or finish your degree, a lifestyle change like getting off drugs has to start in your brain. You have to be 100% on board before you start or you will lose the motivation. A rehab clinic isn't going to give you that motivation, it's just going to remove your access to whatever you were addicted to. If you get yourself 100% dedicated to kicking drugs, then you don't need the rehab, you just need someone to help you clean up all the puke for the first few days (depending on whatever you were addicted to. Your puke experiences may vary).

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
please look forward to a scanner darkly being your literal reality just worse because there is an iphone in your pocket to assist with the tracking coming soon courtesy of Hillary :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

lol him boner gonna go soft in like 5 seconds

• Locked thread