Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Lowtax ain't Christian and this is a Christian forums. The founding posters was lookin for a place to post freely. Im just posting what everybody else already knows but is too scared to post. Thank you and I yield the rest of my time.

I bet Lowtax had genuine religious feelings in a church one time when he was 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
there are like a million.different hindu deities. I think a thread where everyone gets to pick their own personal/family deity and teach everyone else about the deity and we can all eat veggies and talk about how cool it is to have a bunch of arms or a big elephant head, man, that would just be so cool

we can learn meditating and how mantras make you peaceful and mellow and very chill, and say namaste unironically

we can learn yoga moves together

otherwise I want to make a magic thread where we all open up.our spellbound and share our favorite spells/potions/psych hospitals

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
The Song of Kali is with us. It has been with us for a very long time. Its chorus grows and grows and grows. But there are other voices to be heard. There are other songs to be sung.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Gatekeeper posted:

there are like a million.different hindu deities. I think a thread where everyone gets to pick their own personal/family deity and teach everyone else about the deity and we can all eat veggies and talk about how cool it is to have a bunch of arms or a big elephant head, man, that would just be so cool

we can learn meditating and how mantras make you peaceful and mellow and very chill, and say namaste unironically

we can learn yoga moves together

otherwise I want to make a magic thread where we all open up.our spellbound and share our favorite spells/potions/psych hospitals

Well, why don't you make those threads?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm pretty sure that's a dare

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dreezy posted:

jesus may have risen from the dead, but has he risen from the gay?

Dunno, do you still feel his weight on your back?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Hogge Wild posted:

Well, why don't you make those threads?

i thought it was polite to ask the community first :( a lil feedback from my buds would help make a good thread, sometimes my thought processes are disorganized and erratic and helpful suggestions from you and other good posters would be appreciated

upon further reflection hinduchat might be better in byob because of its intrinsic chillness (oppressive caste system aside :smith:) but magicktalk is good for gbs since the ptb (powers that be) won't reopen the paranatural subforum where magick could be discussed alongside ghost orbs and skellies.

do enough people have spellbooks/magick tools/brain potions/professional alchemical pharmacists/etc to be down for such a thread, you think? I meAn there are so many spells and magickal creatures and good books/movies* that we could discuss them forever but I know these days a lot of people like channeling their chi into video games instead of the occult. and there aren't a lot of obese lesbians here either and the internet tells us that they often are blessed with wiccan powers. suggestions from the town???

*NOT harry potter )^=<

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
paranormal forum was rad but i guess we had to talk about the presidents

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I won the Iditarod thread and received nothing

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'm going to riot

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
ill be the concerned looking early twenties white dweebus embarrassing everyone while screaming shrilly into a megaphone

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Gatekeeper posted:

i thought it was polite to ask the community first :( a lil feedback from my buds would help make a good thread, sometimes my thought processes are disorganized and erratic and helpful suggestions from you and other good posters would be appreciated

upon further reflection hinduchat might be better in byob because of its intrinsic chillness (oppressive caste system aside :smith:) but magicktalk is good for gbs since the ptb (powers that be) won't reopen the paranatural subforum where magick could be discussed alongside ghost orbs and skellies.

do enough people have spellbooks/magick tools/brain potions/professional alchemical pharmacists/etc to be down for such a thread, you think? I meAn there are so many spells and magickal creatures and good books/movies* that we could discuss them forever but I know these days a lot of people like channeling their chi into video games instead of the occult. and there aren't a lot of obese lesbians here either and the internet tells us that they often are blessed with wiccan powers. suggestions from the town???

*NOT harry potter )^=<

I think that you're overthinking about making GBS threads. All my gold rated threads have been done without planning. I follow a slightly modified advise that a crusader once said "Post them all, and let the Mods sort them out". It's the Zen way of posting. Don't plan your threads, but when you do post, post completely.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

post your dogs

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I showed up to this town hall because my friends on 4chan told me I should join a club to meet girls, I hope one of the girls here takes a liking to my anime shirt or maybe the bandana I tied around my wrist like Michael Gira

Money is Flesh

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i signed up for the secret cubing sub forum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

I showed up to this town hall because my friends on 4chan told me I should join a club to meet girls, I hope one of the girls here takes a liking to my anime shirt or maybe the bandana I tied around my wrist like Michael Gira

Money is Flesh

If you didn't bring your own fingerbox, you're poo poo out of luck.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wanna be modded for the sole purpose of bringing back MOd CHallenges. Mine would be awesome and funny and revive GBS. *throws sword onto table to enter himself into consideration*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

My guy dropped out of the race so out of my anger I am glad you received no prizes

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

hi ladyambien i am glad to be a part of your town hall thread. could you not ban ppl for being sexist? it seems weird.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
id say a ban is heavy handed but some two week probes should probly definitely be coming down on a few resident personalities ready to morph their weird obsessive ideologies into any thread no matter the subject.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Hell Yeah posted:

hi ladyambien i am glad to be a part of your town hall thread. could you not ban ppl for being sexist? it seems weird.

What is weird about it and what would you rather see?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

We need JUSTICE for the guy who called ladyambien lowtaxes slit

JUSTICE I SAY

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i mean ultimately i could see not wanting to return to the weird d&d lite of elder days past but we've definitely swung too far in the other direction i think

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
I think Lady A and Genesplicer are doing a bang-up job :)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also get well soon ladyambien and lowtax i heard you guys had food poisoning and you're both puking and making GBS threads instead of reading this thread.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Lazarus also came back from the dead but it was not because he was part of the Holy Trinity dummy

he died again tho :(

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
the rowdy teens from FYAD keep TPing the neighborhood, it's time someone put a stop to this

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

deep impact on vhs posted:

the rowdy teens from FYAD keep TPing the neighborhood, it's time someone put a stop to this

I want them caught and hung up by their buster browns

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

It is time for the second pay wall. The answer to lowtax cash flow. Behind the sexond paywalk no bannings. Anime. Lf. Pawgs. All become one carefree family.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
a subscription service that lets you hand out five six hour probes a month and they can all be consecutive and to the same person

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

I think that you're overthinking about making GBS threads. All my gold rated threads have been done without planning. I follow a slightly modified advise that a crusader once said "Post them all, and let the Mods sort them out". It's the Zen way of posting. Don't plan your threads, but when you do post, post completely.

holy moly. make a thread called "id like to teach the world to post" with this as the first post and sticky it now & forever so everyone posts good threads evermore

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shaquin posted:

id say a ban is heavy handed but some two week probes should probly definitely be coming down on a few resident personalities ready to morph their weird obsessive ideologies into any thread no matter the subject.

I disagree with this, much like I disagree about the barbaric ritual of circumcision. If you look at this Youtube video...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gatekeeper please post the thread so I can trash talk oppenheimers translation of Vishnu versus a different and much more badass translation.

I'll relate it to zybourne clock :same:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Can we install security cameras so that we can catch our neighbours doing crazy stuff?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
maybe instead we could respect peoples privacy and right to walk around blottoed on brown liquor in the darkness at 3 am jerking off into each others trash cans but i guess i would think that because unlike you i am not a nazi

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I would like a designated thread for making fun of ugly or fat ugly people where anyone coming in and scolding everyone for being big hateful meanies gets probated for it.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Gatekeeper posted:

do enough people have spellbooks/magick tools/brain potions/professional alchemical pharmacists/etc to be down for such a thread, you think?
:justpost: & we'll see you there, Gatekeeper

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Wulfolme posted:

I would like a designated thread for making fun of ugly or fat ugly people where anyone coming in and scolding everyone for being big hateful meanies gets probated for it.

you seem to be operating under the illusion that the disdain for these threads is in the content and not instead the almost universally mediocre looking goons about to open an irony portal to hell by posting inside it

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
pyf also has that thread im p. sure not that id ever venture into lists the forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

ban nepotism now

• Locked thread