Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i would like some money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sure thing, I'll just reach into my rear end and...

hey

there's $5 back here

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hey

there's $5 back here

lol i guess you got two tips

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nation posted:

lol i guess you got two tips

probably more, it's all loose change

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

And where will this money come from?

I always think Yossarian is rich because he has the same dog avatar as Demonarchizer

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
ask isaac to take more phone calls if he wants money, im pretty sure hed do it

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Make it so everyday we vote on what the background color of GBS is.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

8 track betamax posted:

puce

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

8 track betamax posted:

meconium green

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Rowdy trout color

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hey

there's $5 back here

*dude on a moped drives out of your butt* "I've lost 5 dollars have you seen my 5 dollars?"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Captain Yossarian posted:

I vote we all raise $ for Isaac, I'm not sure what for but it seems important and is maybe egg relates?!

I just need 8000 dollars

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

ask isaac to take more phone calls if he wants money, im pretty sure hed do it

I will take trhe phone calls

i have to get the indian men to fix my phone today if I can make it to work somehow

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Isaac posted:

I just need 8000 dollars
have you tried meth?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

have you tried meth?

Ive only smoked it once and it was the worst thing in the world.

Ive snorted it hundreds of times though. It seemed to make my bank account go lower instead of higher though.

ArcticKnife
Mar 2, 2015

social vegan posted:

more safespaces for me and my ethic group of friends thanks

This is important.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
We need more Satan

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Zombie Boat posted:

We need more Satan
More:
[ ] Satan
[ ] Satin
[ ] Sateen
[ ] Mr. Satan
[ ] :goku:

Please vote.

(I'm picking "Shartreuse" as our background color, GBS)

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zombie Boat posted:

We need more Satan

I was thinking about making a Satan thread on 2016.6.6.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Does anyone who was discussing the Supernatural/Majick forum want to make a post/Megathread for it so we can test it out and see how much legitimate conversation we have?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

LadyAmbien posted:

Does anyone who was discussing the Supernatural/Majick forum want to make a post/Megathread for it so we can test it out and see how much legitimate conversation we have?
Define "legitimate."
:shrug::effort::witch::boonie:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

LadyAmbien posted:

There used to be a paranormal/conspiracy forum but it was removed due to lack of interest. Not sure if what was being discussed would be similar, but if it is then it doesn't have a good track record to date.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm p sure I saw a ghost once

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
didn't gbs used to have those cool ghost story threads, what happened to those?

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

There used to be a paranormal/conspiracy forum but it was removed due to lack of interest. Not sure if what was being discussed would be similar, but if it is then it doesn't have a good track record to date.

That's what I was kind of thinking. I know someone had brought it up with interest in reviving it as a forum, and I figured maybe a thread would be best to start out with to see if there was people who would participate in it seriously, but I have a feeling it will get crapped up real fast.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Un ban everyone.

Do it.

release the blood gates.

the civilized will be entertained, the accursed will get a chance at redemption. The deserved will get a second dose of holy fire.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
bush did 9/11 but im a bit too tfucked up right now to make a thread about it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Good crop of threads in GBS this week. Looking good goons

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i don't know about supernatural and paranormal but if a certain gay dad doesn't hurry up with a scroll thread i will bury him

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

someone bought me this awesome tar and i dunno who it was but thank you im a semi real person now

Less likely to get you mixed up with dr dog balls sr

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Is this where we ask to ban the threadshitters that make posting anything on this goddamn site so loving intolerable these days?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

GBS is great again this week thanks to Lady A.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Kumo posted:

Is this where we ask to ban the threadshitters that make posting anything on this goddamn site so loving intolerable these days?

Yes.

Happy Hedonist posted:

GBS is great again this week thanks to Lady A.

Aww, thank you! I'm trying! It's been really great seeing all the positive changes starting to happen.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

Yes.

Aww, thank you! I'm trying! It's been really great seeing all the positive changes starting to happen.

stay golden ponygirl

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I think to make GBS great again, there needs to be a number of high quality, well thought out posts with good formatting and post structure. The kinds of post that make people proud to post in them. The kind of thread where someone would think twice about low content and low effort posts. When I joined the forums in 2004 people gave a drat. We had giants of the posting world and they inspired us and we held them up on our shoulders and they in turn pulled us up from the pits. We used them as human ladders.
I became a funnier person by wholesale taking funny things from this forum and using them on people too cool to actually visit a comedy Web forum. And you know what? It loving worked. People liked me. Women wanted to be with me and men wanted to be me. I had the golden goose on my computer. And that goose was something awful.
People took actual interesting ideas from both the Internet world and also the real outside world. People found poo poo in their backyards. They built houseboats. They spied on their creepy neighbors. They drew pictures of bathroom issues. Spun tales of inappropriate drug use gone right. They sold scammers fake computers. They found train wreck people and we swam in their filth, laughing at the absurdity of it all.
Perhaps the issue is that the posters in these forums are not living anymore.
I'd like to blame all of this on millenials, but I think if we take a look at ourselves we'll see we haven't kept the spark alive.
Each and every one of us needs to take the time, the effort, and rediscover our love of great posting.
So tomorrow morning, at the cucking of dawns first rooster, I want you to wake up and smile. Seize the day. Be the forums you know you can be.

I'd like to leave you with a favorite quote of mine from the classic film Hook:

Hook (1991)

Peter Banning: [sees Tinkerbell on the Peter Pan statue] Tink!

Tinkerbell: Say it, Peter. Say it and mean it.

Peter Banning: I believe in fairies.

Tinkerbell: You know that place between sleep and awake? That place where you still remember dreaming?

[Peter nods]

Tinkerbell: That's where I'll always love you... Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Godspeed, and Goodnight

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 30, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I find you message both embarrassing yet oddly inspiring SilkyP

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SilkyP posted:

I think to make GBS great again, there needs to be a number of high quality, well thought out posts with good formatting and post structure. The kinds of post that make people proud to post in them. The kind of thread where someone would think twice about low content and low effort posts. When I joined the forums in 2004 people gave a drat. We had giants of the posting world and they inspired us and we held them up on our shoulders and they in turn pulled us up from the pits. We used them as human ladders.
I became a funnier person by wholesale taking funny things from this forum and using them on people too cool to actually visit a comedy Web forum. And you know what? It loving worked. People liked me. Women wanted to be with me and men wanted to be me. I had the golden goose on my computer. And that goose was something awful.
People took actual interesting ideas from both the Internet world and also the real outside world. People found poo poo in their backyards. They built houseboats. They spied on their creepy neighbors. They drew pictures of bathroom issues. Spun tales of inappropriate drug use gone right. They sold scammers fake computers. They found train wreck people and we swam in their filth, laughing at the absurdity of it all.
Perhaps the issue is that the posters in these forums are not living anymore.
I'd like to blame all of this on millenials, but I think if we take a look at ourselves we'll see we haven't kept the spark alive.
Each and every one of us needs to take the time, the effort, and rediscover our love of great posting.
So tomorrow morning, at the cucking of dawns first rooster, I want you to wake up and smile. Seize the day. Be the forums you know you can be.
Godspeed, and Goodnight

*starts clapping slowly, rises from seat, begins clapping harder, screams "gently caress off you motherfucking piece of poo poo!!!" j/k *keeps clapping but sits back down*

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of people here are ignorant of the mechanics of basic human butt function. I just wanted to let people know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
I'm back, baby!

There's no place like home.

• Locked thread