Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
id like to discuss potential thread ideas with fellow creatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Friday posted:

"How do you feel about the game of ping-pong? (Yes/No)"

Ok

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C2ogEmZP2E

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im a christian. jesus died for your sins. thats kind of a cliche thing to say but the weird thing about it was that he rose from the dead based on many eye witness accounts and 2000 years of scrutiny. so since hes the only guy who did that, im going to give him the benefit of the doubt on some of his teachings. if anyone knows anyone else who came back from the dead let me know. peace.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Lazarus also came back from the dead but it was not because he was part of the Holy Trinity dummy

he died again tho :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

I want to watch a steve martin movie now

i watched johnny dangerously with mike keaton. i lolled several times.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dont think the forums statistics page is working right because it says ive never had a goldmined thread and im in like 5th for gassed threads so

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

the goldmined thread one looks wrong to me(really?? that few people have more than one goldmined thread???) but i think this one works, or at least the rankings make a lot of sense prima facie

what in the world are you talking about?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i would like some money

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

Yes.

Aww, thank you! I'm trying! It's been really great seeing all the positive changes starting to happen.

stay golden ponygirl

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SilkyP posted:

I think to make GBS great again, there needs to be a number of high quality, well thought out posts with good formatting and post structure. The kinds of post that make people proud to post in them. The kind of thread where someone would think twice about low content and low effort posts. When I joined the forums in 2004 people gave a drat. We had giants of the posting world and they inspired us and we held them up on our shoulders and they in turn pulled us up from the pits. We used them as human ladders.
I became a funnier person by wholesale taking funny things from this forum and using them on people too cool to actually visit a comedy Web forum. And you know what? It loving worked. People liked me. Women wanted to be with me and men wanted to be me. I had the golden goose on my computer. And that goose was something awful.
People took actual interesting ideas from both the Internet world and also the real outside world. People found poo poo in their backyards. They built houseboats. They spied on their creepy neighbors. They drew pictures of bathroom issues. Spun tales of inappropriate drug use gone right. They sold scammers fake computers. They found train wreck people and we swam in their filth, laughing at the absurdity of it all.
Perhaps the issue is that the posters in these forums are not living anymore.
I'd like to blame all of this on millenials, but I think if we take a look at ourselves we'll see we haven't kept the spark alive.
Each and every one of us needs to take the time, the effort, and rediscover our love of great posting.
So tomorrow morning, at the cucking of dawns first rooster, I want you to wake up and smile. Seize the day. Be the forums you know you can be.
Godspeed, and Goodnight

*starts clapping slowly, rises from seat, begins clapping harder, screams "gently caress off you motherfucking piece of poo poo!!!" j/k *keeps clapping but sits back down*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

There's no need for this. Okay?

I'm expressing an opinion, and you're being insulting. If you disagree, hey that's fair but calling me a dipshit, saying I'm full of poo poo, log out and never come back, I've never made a good thread or post etc., (I think I got them all right?) that just really serves to prove my point.

You're not offering much in the way of a dissenting opinion, you're just being rude.

make a funny post or thread

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

Like the rules say:
Before you post: Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

do you follow this rule?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

Yeah I try to. Do you?

You certainly post a lot, you fyad-lite GBS forum superstar, and the quantity doesn't capture a lot of quality in my thinking. But I guess you need this as an outlet in your life.

I mean what else you got going on?

gbs is my video game

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
or my vending machine, if you will

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
we all have our private demons, but yours appear to be very boring and lame

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

Well thank god I have your censure. I would have to seriously re-examine every facet of my life otherwise.

Off to make a thread about pooping, ta ya'll.

peace out, fuckface!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

Honestly, would you?

I post something, get attacked, respond and receive the same punishment as the guy with 70 bans/probations.

I've been here for a long time, and made a lot of friends off of the forums. I felt invested.

Good luck with the website, and with the pregnancy.

hey buddy, lets be friends.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you are quoting the probation reason, right? for the record?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Aralan posted:

I disagree with this idea on principle, but if it means dgsw gets banned I'm all for it. Or maybe you could get banned and he could get permad

whatevs. im not sure what the hell i ever did to anyone. i just like to hang out online and post in threads and poo poo. seems like a pretty harmless release to me. it seems like everyone is really upset about something but i dont get it. oh well. gbs is fun

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Yossarian posted:

You are a cool and good poster and I know that you have my back in the whole "Hector vetoed my pool" situation

great. fine.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't get what the big mystery about GBS is. some things are funny, some things are interesting, some things suck poo poo. mods are good. paying customers are pacified. drama is the enemy of fun.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
thats subjective. i find that poo poo to be horribly lame and unfunny (the toothbrush thing, whatever). but what i find funny everyone hates. lets let the people who use their free time moderating an internet forum decide what is funny or just let it ride and only get rid of obvious spam / threatening poo poo and let the rest rise or fall on merit. or whatever who cares, seems like things are fine and everyone is just being bitchy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

It was a 6 hour probation. You attacked back, and honestly your attacks were much more personal than theirs. I don't really care how many bans or probations another poster has. If you're doing the same thing as them, you are going to receive the same punishment.

If you have a problem with things from now on private message me instead of using this thread as a way to stubbornly make a point. I'm no longer going to take the time to explain or break down why I'm banning or probating someone.

Good luck to you as well, wherever you end up going.

good job btw

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PBS Newshour posted:

god drat it fine

noooooo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i was talking to vendagoat btw

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Oh, ok. So you don't have to read it.

It seems plenty of others do enjoy that sort of thing.

You enjoy a different type of humor, that's fine as well. If you make a thread entitled "Asslick, McBalls" Thread and it goes gold from sheer hilarity, hey, you can get a reward as well.

So yes, humor is very subjective, it needs to stay that way.

The threatening poo poo, doxxing and the like I think we are all in agreement on, that poo poo should go.

i think we are on the same page. im not sure it really matters though, other than i think you are a good poster and you should do you

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is the gayest conversation ive ever had lol. we did it!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think tomorrow im going to resign from posting and do an AMA if there is any interest. my last day was going to be when i went to 0 from -10000, but i managed to go a little over that. i would be happy to share anything that would be useful to future posters. if not whatevs

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

the supernatural/paranormal thread is not going well.

i noticed. it kind of sucks, actually. but you never know!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

figure out who shia lebuff hired to do his it was successful iirc

i dont know what any of those things are including, but especially "iirc"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
also "successful" :confused:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
am i allowed to lol in this thread because that made me lol

*gently caress the row post

**(s)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rando posted:

lol @ the possibility any of that is a real human being's plans.

and thus the works of this playwright Shakespeare fell into obscurity and eventually lost to the years.

:smug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rando posted:

a little yellow face.

you seem very angry or "mad" about something. what is the big problem?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rando posted:

Happy with no problems actually but thanks for looking out.

k

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

lol

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

here's a self portrait of me for you jackanapes to go gaga over

whatever happened to "mornings with mumphrey"?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

oh yeah the nbetowrk bigwigs said it was too controversial but maybe i should ressurect it on pirate radio?

the pilot was fintastic. maybe take it to the cloud :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I wonder if LadyAmbien is in labor usually she has posted by now.

FOOD FIGHT!!!

• Locked thread