Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hold up, the host of the Price is Right also owns a prison supply business?

bob is dead, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

bob is dead, dude

nope

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I have to get changed several times a night to go into a nuclear reactor containment building and reading this thread makes me want some kind of OSHA approved Velcro safety toe boot. Lacing and unlacing high leather boots like five times a night is a pain in the rear end.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hold up, the host of the Price is Right also owns a prison supply business?

i thought so too for the longest time but its actually a different bob barker. according to the website he was a simple man who started out in the back room of a barbershop with nothing but a dream and now he is the most successful businessman to profit off the pathetic existence of inmates everywhere

truly an american role model

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Give Pat a Job posted:

Yes and they have claimed all the best fashion for themselves. First velcro shoes, then helmets, then Jeff Dunham t-shirts. What's next I wonder?

wearing sweatpants in public w/o underwear

tbh theres some overlap with strip club perverts there because both really enjoy masturbating in public.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

no really, he is dead. Drew Carey is the new host

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

no he actually is alive but prob will die at any minute since hes like 158 years old

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no really, he is dead. Drew Carey is the new host

He's not dead, but he is 92 so just wait awhile.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Honky Dong Country posted:

He's not dead, but he is 92 so just wait awhile.

no poo poo. I honestly thought he was dead

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Hi OP, I just got some of these in the mail yesterday and they own. I got them not because I hate tying my shoes but because I'm :spergin: about sneakers and don't like having the bunny-ears on certain pairs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/914635363/xpand-lacing-system

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Now I want to buy prison supplies. Pill resistant sweat pants, yes please!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no poo poo. I honestly thought he was dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Anonymous Robot posted:

Hi OP, I just got some of these in the mail yesterday and they own. I got them not because I hate tying my shoes but because I'm :spergin: about sneakers and don't like having the bunny-ears on certain pairs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/914635363/xpand-lacing-system

$851,000.

I hate kickstarter so much

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Now I want to buy prison supplies. Pill resistant sweat pants, yes please!

no joke a lot of its really comfortable

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

the great deceiver posted:

no joke a lot of its really comfortable

Please, show me the ways of prison comfort!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Here you go, buddy!

:a2m:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

well you pretty much got the basics down in this thread: mesh basketball shorts, drawstring sweatpants, unicolor tanktops/tshirts and velcro shoes. i advise staying away from the bob barker bedding and bath line however

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nooneofconsequence posted:

A couple of the pairs of Vibram Fivefingers I own have velcro and they're pretty cool.

Please don't wear those, you're making everyone around you do that automatic response expression where your lip curls up and your eyes narrow and you go "eugh"

edit:

this one, for reference

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Please don't wear those, you're making everyone around you do that automatic response expression where your lip curls up and your eyes narrow and you go "eugh"

edit:

this one, for reference

for real, even when i first saw them posted on these forums almost 10yrs ago oh how i wanted to take them all and throw them in the garbage can

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That Robot posted:

didn't they recall those coz it hosed it people's feet?
Nah they just don't have medical benefits.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

edit:

this one, for reference

mr orange did not age well

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Can't you just wear shoes designed not to have laces? I feel like it's a pretty common shoe design outside of sportswear.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Velcro should be fine, fannypacks should be fine. Fashion is stupid.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

my grandfather would wear them because killing so many goddamn koreans tore up his finger joints

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
What shoes do you guys want velcro on is mostly the part I'm confused about. Velcro is a replacement for laces which is really something you only need on sneakers. Pretty much the most basic fashion 101 for dudes is you shouldn't be wearing sneakers unless you are presently exercising or expect to be doing so in the near future. Every other kind of shoe I can think of will have varieties with and without laces, so if you hate tying your shoes that much you can just get ones without. If you are wearing sneakers but hate laces just get velcro, as it's not like anyone is going to care what your shoes look like when you're exercising in them and if you're wearing them day to day you're going to look clueless either way.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

What shoes do you guys want velcro on is mostly the part I'm confused about. Velcro is a replacement for laces which is really something you only need on sneakers. Pretty much the most basic fashion 101 for dudes is you shouldn't be wearing sneakers unless you are presently exercising or expect to be doing so in the near future. Every other kind of shoe I can think of will have varieties with and without laces, so if you hate tying your shoes that much you can just get ones without. If you are wearing sneakers but hate laces just get velcro, as it's not like anyone is going to care what your shoes look like when you're exercising in them and if you're wearing them day to day you're going to look clueless either way.

Jesus christ

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my dad wears velcro shoes because i wore them when I was like 3 years old and he thought they were a good idea and he probably has aspergers

like back when I was a ~troubled teen~ my therapist met him once for like 10 minutes and right after went "you know your dad probably has aspergers right"

so there, velcro shoes are what my weird dad wears, therefore they can't be cool

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

Jesus christ
sorry I called out your new balances

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

OctoberBlues posted:

You could also go those shoe laces that curl up like a pigs tail at the end so you don't have to tie them.

na fam

get u some of those shoe lace clamps

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

na fam

get u some of those shoe lace clamps

im p sure i had an older vers of the ninja turtle ones sometime around 90-91...but i think on mine the clamp was the mouth which was even cooler (or maybe that part im just imagining idk long time ago)

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 28, 2016

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Loafers are velcro shoes for adults. You can even get away with them in formal occasions if you get a black leather pair.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Mariana Horchata posted:

for real, even when i first saw them posted on these forums almost 10yrs ago oh how i wanted to take them all and throw them in the garbage can

I used to work at a skateboard/clothing store in a small town where a local kid would come in and hit on me wearing those shoes and he would talk about how he would take these long walks up in the hills with them on and how they made him closer to nature, and feel like he could grip the earth with his feet while he climbed on rocks.
He was really loving weird, and I think it is fair to say I've personally never seen a non-weird person wear them.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

edit:

this one, for reference

back in college one of the shittier drug dealers i knew bought some and kept loving wiggling his toes loving constantly ugh

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Honky Dong Country posted:

I have to get changed several times a night to go into a nuclear reactor containment building and reading this thread makes me want some kind of OSHA approved Velcro safety toe boot. Lacing and unlacing high leather boots like five times a night is a pain in the rear end.

You need boas my man.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Who lied to you and told you Velcro sneakers were uncool

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If you're an adult wearing velcro shoes I assume you have diabetes and your footmeat is one good tug away from coming right off.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

You need boas my man.

for when you really really need to curbstomp someone AND get your judge dredd on without getting blood spatter on your socks.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

LadyAmbien posted:

I used to work at a skateboard/clothing store in a small town where a local kid would come in and hit on me wearing those shoes and he would talk about how he would take these long walks up in the hills with them on and how they made him closer to nature, and feel like he could grip the earth with his feet while he climbed on rocks.
He was really loving weird, and I think it is fair to say I've personally never seen a non-weird person wear them.

Sounds like they fit the profile - im glad they never dropped down from ur ceiling to drag you off to their nest.

There's nothing wrong at all with doing outdoor activities w/o shoes on, so just do that if u want to commune with nature or just feel good so long as you arent at risk of stepping on something painful - in fact id much rather do that if possible than wear sandals.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

if you don't want to tie your shoes just wear cowboy boots or crocs or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In all honesty I can't remember the last time I tied my shoes. I leave all my shoes tied and just slip them on, I'm just too busy and important to waste time tying.

edit: would consider those Garfield clips though

• Locked thread