Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Asked the same question once, op. Dunno. See also : sitting down to pee, riding bikes everywhere, and wearing diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

umm if youre an adult and you didnt switch to wearing casual boat shoes then wtf???

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How come it's uncool for adults to wear velcro shoes? I wish they were cool, they just seem so much easier than laces. Seriously, it sounds like they are one of those things that should have been considered progress that everyone would latch onto and call good. Can someone please explain why society can be so cruel?

The most uncool thing about these is that they are deffo some food service non-slip shoes, and anyone wearing those over 23 has and is making horrible life choices

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For the same reason that you shouldn't wear a clip-on tie, OP.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I p much only waer loafers/boat shoes to my job as an account manager OP

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Fister Roboto posted:

For the same reason that you shouldn't wear a clip-on tie, OP.

Ha ha yeah, right? Fuckin nerds huh?

*nervously adjusts tie, clip comes undone and I end up ripping it off, sweating profusely*

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I agree with OP. I like velcro on my shoes. Sorry I don't conform like the rest of you sheep.

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

I agree with the OP wrt the Velcro shoes and also think it's dumb that society has decreed that adults can't wear fanny packs. A bag that can hold a smart phone, extra battery and charging cable, wallet, pocket watch and everything else hands free and around my waist? Yes please

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

There exists a picture of my father in the early 90s where he is wearing a bright red hat with black streaks on it, a bright peach colored shirt, and a neon green fanny pack. Those were magical times.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ChrisHansen posted:

When are light up shoes going to make a comeback?

They never went away, in the wonderland of aliexpress! http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160328101518&isPremium=y&SearchText=light+up+shoes

Sensible

Hot night on the town

Velcro enhanced

:patriot: :911: :patriot:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wait a minute, light up shoes already came back... I see kids wearing them every day. I think... am I going crazy maybe?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

light up shoes were and are extremely cool

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OctoberBlues posted:

Wait a minute, light up shoes already came back... I see kids wearing them every day. I think... am I going crazy maybe?

I can't believe how behind the times you guys are wrt sneaker technology

And also Nike finally came out with the power lacing shoes from backt o the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Cyv3cvIxY

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Is that a shoe with a built-in Simon game? My goodness.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tricky D posted:

gently caress velcro shoes. where the hell are the velcro fly jeans?

People who don't want to deal with buttons or zippers just get pants with an elastic waistband. But if you really want velcro clothes you just need to shop at the right stores. http://adaptiveclothingshowroom.com/full-elastic-waist-premium-pants-with-velcro-fly/

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

You need boas my man.

I know these are real convenient for lacing quickly, but the system can bind up and the only way to get it off is to cut the cable. I dunno if they have improved it since it first came out, but I knew someone who had a pair of snowboard boots that worked like this and it got stuck, had to cut the cable and ruin the boots.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Space cash posted:

I agree with the OP wrt the Velcro shoes and also think it's dumb that society has decreed that adults can't wear fanny packs. A bag that can hold a smart phone, extra battery and charging cable, wallet, pocket watch and everything else hands free and around my waist? Yes please

You always have the option of a man purse?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
It's not cool for kids to wear them either, but nobody gives a poo poo what kids do. Hope this helps.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Space cash posted:

Pocket watch and smartphone? Were you running out of items that seemed worth putting in a small bag on your waist, but weren't yet up to a quantity that seemed excessive for pockets?

A fanny pack is a rubbish and inconvenient way to carry such things anyway, "hey look at me, I'm probably carrying expensive things in here, come steal them." And they're all rattling around together scratching each other, you have to dig in there to find the specific thing you're looking for, just like a purse. And it's not even really very well out of the way.

What we really want for these purposes is an undergarment covered in pockets. A holstervest.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Velcro shoes, fanny packs, tucking t shirts into jeans, tucking pant legs into socks are all warning signs that the wearer is a mental defective you should avoid talking to.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

roomforthetuna posted:

Pocket watch and smartphone? Were you running out of items that seemed worth putting in a small bag on your waist, but weren't yet up to a quantity that seemed excessive for pockets?

A fanny pack is a rubbish and inconvenient way to carry such things anyway, "hey look at me, I'm probably carrying expensive things in here, come steal them." And they're all rattling around together scratching each other, you have to dig in there to find the specific thing you're looking for, just like a purse. And it's not even really very well out of the way.

What we really want for these purposes is an undergarment covered in pockets. A holstervest.

Joke's on you. My phone is in my pocket and the fanny pack only holds a burrito and a banana.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Joke's on you. My phone is in my pocket and the fanny pack only holds a burrito and a banana.

That seems like a cool deal to me. You never know when you'll be hungry for a burrito, or need to throw away a banana.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
One day I will be free from these shackles called shoe laces.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Un chien andalou posted:

I know these are real convenient for lacing quickly, but the system can bind up and the only way to get it off is to cut the cable. I dunno if they have improved it since it first came out, but I knew someone who had a pair of snowboard boots that worked like this and it got stuck, had to cut the cable and ruin the boots.

I have them on my bike shoes. They have improved the design and they don't bind up as much but it can still happen if you turn them the wrong way a bunch. They have a lifetime warranty though so if you gently caress them up you can just email the company and they will send you new ones for free.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A vendor keeps showing off his techno-laced shoes every time he comes over. I'm not even sure they sell them; I think he just wants to show off his cool shoe lace tech :shrug:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I used to play pinochle with my grandfather, but now he's dead

probably killed himself because he knew u're bitch rear end and couldnt stand it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

roomforthetuna posted:

The brand name is "thunderwear"

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Mange Mite posted:

The brand name is "thunderwear"
Already taken for pistol-knickers I'm afraid.

Anyway, this idea is getting even better. Bring back shoulderpads, but now have openings in the front. Put your wallet in one shoulder, your phone and keys in the other. If you need to carry more stuff than that, make your hair big and put the additional stuff in a headband.

The neon color scheme is practical so you don't lose your valuable container-clothing.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Honky Dong Country posted:

I have to get changed several times a night to go into a nuclear reactor containment building and reading this thread makes me want some kind of OSHA approved Velcro safety toe boot. Lacing and unlacing high leather boots like five times a night is a pain in the rear end.

go for foundry boots.

so these, plus the vibrams 5 toes, plus my "smart, solid, full grain leather" velcro suit shoes make 3 pairs of velcro shoes I own, plus neoprene beach sandles I don't count as shoes.

also, the newrocks have big long laces, but have a zip on the side.

VVV On the other hand, I'm pretty Weird. VVVV

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 29, 2016

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

LadyAmbien posted:

I used to work at a skateboard/clothing store in a small town where a local kid would come in and hit on me wearing those shoes and he would talk about how he would take these long walks up in the hills with them on and how they made him closer to nature, and feel like he could grip the earth with his feet while he climbed on rocks.
He was really loving weird, and I think it is fair to say I've personally never seen a non-weird person wear them.

I'm not weird.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
It's just one of those things that is, and you need to conform or else you're gunna look weird and people will secretly laugh at you for it (and they prolly do already if your a goony goon so maybe just go full-goon).

there are a lot of things like that like socks with sandals. velcro is a little unfortunate that it got caught up in that since it's actually really cool space-age technology but welp. it's called being an adult and realizing that everyone has collectively come together to agree it's stupid so you don't do it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Xaris posted:

It's just one of those things that is, and you need to conform or else you're gunna look weird and people will secretly laugh at you for it (and they prolly do already if your a goony goon so maybe just go full-goon).

there are a lot of things like that like socks with sandals. velcro is a little unfortunate that it got caught up in that since it's actually really cool space-age technology but welp. it's called being an adult and realizing that everyone has collectively come together to agree it's stupid so you don't do it.

What if Op is cool enough to be a trendsetter tho? Trendsetters can get adults to wear really stupid poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
maybe if your already famous+attractive like tom cruise or something. the problem is you get awkward people without the slightest hint of social ques trying to pull stupid poo poo like fedoras or socks w sandals and they're exactly the kind of people who shouldn't be trying since it just reinforces it

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Have we discussed how terrible Leo dresses? Can we?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
leopard prints? i don't know think anyone wears those since it's not 1970/80 anymore.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

just get some skater shoes and bar the laces and tie them off so they are tight enough yet you can slip into them, cool + lazy get on my level shitler

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Fart Puzzle posted:

just get some skater shoes and bar the laces and tie them off so they are tight enough yet you can slip into them, cool + lazy get on my level shitler

The op references Adults.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

You need boas my man.

staberind posted:

go for foundry boots.

so these, plus the vibrams 5 toes, plus my "smart, solid, full grain leather" velcro suit shoes make 3 pairs of velcro shoes I own, plus neoprene beach sandles I don't count as shoes.

also, the newrocks have big long laces, but have a zip on the side.

VVV On the other hand, I'm pretty Weird. VVVV

Well gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Angela Christine posted:

What if Op is cool enough to be a trendsetter tho? Trendsetters can get adults to wear really stupid poo poo.

I'm not cool

• Locked thread