Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

nine-gear crow posted:

KEYNOTE
Callsign(s): Keynote
Sex: Male
Nationality: FCU
Signature Plane: E-767
Voice Actor: Richard Epcar (AHL), Uncredited (AC2)

Richard Epcar does seem to have a thing for voicing grumpy guys, and that guy is hella grumpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I hope this is still going. I want to see more low-poly planes going pew pew so that I can hopefully absorb some skill through osmosis for use in Ace Combat Infinity's future Team Death Match events.

Also, at some point I started sketching emblems for commentators/co-commentators from Zero. Have these as fan-art, presuming I never bother opening GIMP and making them look nice and clip-art-y.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 11, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crow hasn't posted since April 1st and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him on any program since about that time either.

I'm a little worried, honestly.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

He had to go to his new job as an F-35 test pilot.

He's in a better place now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nanomashoes posted:

He had to go to his new job as an F-35 test pilot.

He's in a better place now.

A fate worse than death, tbh

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Crow hasn't posted since April 1st and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him on any program since about that time either.

I'm a little worried, honestly.

His April Fools joke must have gone really badly.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

A fate worse than death, tbh

I say a better place, but it's actually two better places, as his head was separated from his body upon activating the ejection seat.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I am very disappointed that no one didn't start their post with "Yo buddy, Still alive?" :mad:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cooked Auto posted:

I am very disappointed that no one didn't start their post with "Yo buddy, Still alive?" :mad:

Only because you didn't see the PM I just sent him!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Psion posted:

Only because you didn't see the PM I just sent him!

To be fair I could've just Skyped him the same thing now that I think about it. :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I skyped him two times over the past week and there was still nothing.

This is going to sound like FUD but I am genuinely concerned.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
crow is unavailable. life stuff. LP is on hiatus for the time being. i, too, will be a bit scarce. we'll let you know when we're back.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Do what you have to do, you two. We'll be more than happy to wait.

Also, apparently the newer iterations of Infinity are starting to make the rare Gold and Black emergency sorties easier to get. Still haven't gotten them recently, but still...anyone wondering how long the AC servers are going to keep open, considering the other Namco FTP projects are practically dead?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvodWzb2HQ

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm not dead, despite the Universe's repeated attempts to see otherwise.

So, yes, Buddy. I'm still alive.

I'll have the full story for everyone next week.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm not dead, despite the Universe's repeated attempts to see otherwise.

So, yes, Buddy. I'm still alive.

I'll have the full story for everyone next week.

Glad to see you're still here Crow. Welcome back.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Sadly, there won't be any direct commentary by me for a while. Im going have to play guests off each other because right now I have permanent BATVOICE until my lyarnex heals up.

Again story coming.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

nine-gear crow posted:

Sadly, there won't be any direct commentary by me for a while. Im going have to play guests off each other because right now I have permanent BATVOICE until my lyarnex heals up.

Again story coming.

So you ARE Batman. I always suspicious, but was never entirely sure: something about how you keep LPing games about morally ambiguous heroes in morally ambiguous worlds.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm telling you those ejection seats are killer on your neck, throat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

nine-gear crow posted:

Again story coming.

On the other hand, the novelty of a commentary track with silence would be pretty good too.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

I was actually thinking you could use a text-to-speech program so it sounds like Steven Hawking is doing airplanes.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cangelosi posted:

I was actually thinking you could use a text-to-speech program so it sounds like Steven Hawking is doing airplanes.

And Featuring MS Sam as Nine-Gear Crow

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

In other news, this site wants to make Sublimation a thing.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Coffeehitler posted:

And Featuring MS Sam as Nine-Gear Crow

Guest starring LPBot!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Cangelosi posted:

Is there a text-to-speech that sounds like the female fighter jet warning voice? :v:

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Polaron posted:

Is there a text-to-speech that sounds like the female fighter jet warning voice? :v:

WHOOP WHOOP Welcome back to Let's Play Ace Combat 2 *vibrates intensely*

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Polaron posted:

Hello and FLIGHT CONTROLS-ome back to Ac-FLIGHT CONTROLS DO DEE DO DEE- I'm your host Nine Gear Crow an-PULL UP! PULL UP!

This reminds me, "Bitching Betty" would be an amusing setting to change on someone else's GPS when they aren't looking.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Just turn on the auto-subtitling feature that YouTube has. Much simpler solution :smug:

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Welp, now that I caught up by watching your AC0 LP, I realize this: you do not sound like what I imagined in my head when I read your White Knight Chronicles LP.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HR12345 posted:

Welp, now that I caught up by watching your AC0 LP, I realize this: you do not sound like what I imagined in my head when I read your White Knight Chronicles LP.

For what it's worth, even I didn't read the WKC LP in anything approaching my natural voice.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So many of you are probably asking “where the gently caress did you go for a month?” And the answer to that question is “the Intensive Care Unit of my local hospital. Warning, some slight gruesome details follow, don’t read if you don’t want to hear about body mutilation.

Yes, the day after the Good Friday stream, I contracted not just H1N1, but pneumonia, as well. From what I’ve been told, I came within hours of dying. If I didn’t go to the hospital when I did, I wouldn’t be here right now. I was placed in a medically induced coma for two and a half weeks, so most of April is just not there for me, and had a breathing tube forced down my throat. They cut about a 1/8th of my tongue out to fit it through and it damaged my larynx, both of which are going to probably take another month to fully heal. Hence why there’s not going to be any serious vocal commentary from me for the time being; I sound like a mix of the worst of Christian Bale’s BATVOICE and the wheelchair kid from Malcolm in the Middle right now.

I’m out of the hospital now and on the mend, God willing. But this also means that the LP is going to slow down a little bit while I get back to full strength because I’m INCREDIBLY weak still at this moment. I can’t think that I’m disappointing anyone immediately because no one cares about Ace Combat 2, but I do know I’m crushing some dreams of folks who wanted me to get to Ace Combat 04 (myself included) as fast as possible.

Some minor good news, however, is that since I’ve been gone, there’s been a moonshot breakthrough in 3DS emulation, so actually LPing Assault Horizon Legacy is looking more realistic. Lunethex has once again volunteered to take a crack at that one just so there’s some form of content for everyone to enjoy, but we’re still discussing things.

tl’dr; I got really sick, went into the hospital, almost died, but didn’t. I’m back now, but far from 100%, so don’t expect the LP to come roaring back tomorrow or anything, but we’ll get back to it in the coming weeks.

I’ll post an example of what I sound like right now for shock value when I get the chance to record something, so watch this space.

And now you know.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thank God you survived, man. Get well soon.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Take as much time as you need to recover Crow, because that is some serious poo poo you had to deal with. Especially with it happening pretty much right after the big stream. Did they determine what caused it, or is it just going to be one of those things you'll never know? But seriously, recover at your own pace. LPs can always wait when life hits hard. Hope your recovery goes well.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Holy poo poo dude, glad you didn't die.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Holy poo poo man, that's rough. Glad you're still alive.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Get better.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
:stare: Holy poo poo, man. Glad to see you pulled through!

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Yes, you get recovering. I think we can keep the thread open with lively discussion.

As for Female Fighter Jet Warning Voice, I find that it is one of your big enemies in the Infinity version of the Avalon Dam mission, when you have to keep under 1300 feet and you hear the voice going "Pull up pull up pull up OH HEY MISSLE!" *BOOM*

Stop trying to kill me, Female Fighter Jet Warning Voice. It's hard enough.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Jesus Christ, Crow :catstare:

I'm glad you're feeling better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Thank you, everyone.

If there's thing I can impart upon everyone here, it's get a flu shot when you can. I got incredibly lucky. You might not roll the same odds I did. I'm gonna get a flu shot every year from here on out and you should too.

Also, if I could smack Bill Maher across the face with a dildo with a nail in it, the man would not have a right cheek by the time at was done with him. Anti-vaccine/flu shot/science piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread