Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In stark contrast to the last game the DLC missions in this are Really Good, with the final DLC case being the best one in the entire game, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spatula City posted:

oh man I'm excited for perpetual Film Corner. I actually took a community college class on noir a long time ago, it was great.
I'm assuming the next one is The Maltese Falcon, but then there's a couple of others that are almost mandatory. Obviously LA Confidential (Bobbin you should also mention the book and Ellroy's work a little bit), but also Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Double Indemnity, and The Big Sleep.

I'm guessing Brick is also going to come up along with Blue Velvet and Chinatown, which i'm super excited for.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Are you going to do the DLC's as they fall into the main story or wait to do them at the end? A lot of them are cut content from the main game due to LA Noire's troubled development.

They're slotted into the game naturally as part of the complete edition; you won't even be able to tell that they're DLC unless you look it up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

"You gently caress young boys, Valdez?" remains one of my favorite lines in the game.

His delivery of it is loving perfect too. I love it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wish some of these insane allegations of Cole's were actual cases.

e: also, Bobbin, you should drive around the city a little more! It's a gorgeous town, though with the length of these cases i'm not surprised you've been cutting it out.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 2, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

God, Vice Desk is real bad.

The Black Ceasar is the worst mission in the entire game, but we'll get there I guess.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

There's a theory going around that Galloway is gay, so keep an eye out for anything that hints towards that, because there's a bit of it.
e: jesus christ cole gets some loving fire in his belly in some of these interrogations

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 17, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Be on the lookout for noted video game celebrity and Giant Bomb member Dan Ryckert, who is one of the reporters in this case.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man some serious stranger danger in this episode. She just lets these two weird old men in her house.
e: also Rusty's comment here is a big one for 'Rusty might be gay'

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 23, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Revenant Threshold posted:

This guy, I think? It's a bit more obvious in motion.

Yeah, that's him. He's surprisingly easy to spot if you're looking for him, which is a testament to how good the facial capture stuff was.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also I can't believe you dope pushing goons. For shame.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I think I can explain both these issues, actually. When Tiernan was talking about stealing the book, he was referring to a previous incident, most likely a different night on which they got drunk and screwed around. If that's not clear, then yes, it is probably poor scriptwriting and/or checking. As for the evidence, Tiernan probably blacked out that evening before coming to and finding Summers replaced by a bloody lug wrench, shirt, and torn letter. He panicked, brought the stuff to McCaffrey, and then blacked out again, which is why McCaffrey was in a position to explain things to Tiernan the next morning.

This is one of the ones where I'm pretty sure McCaffrey is actually the one that did it. He's smart enough and cruel enough to put this frame job on some loser who was in the wrong place at the right time.

e: though, given what happens next, well. :v:

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 21, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Prepare yourself thread, we're about to hit the shittiest part of the game and the worst desk!

:siren:WOO WOO:siren:

also I find the audio hiss weirdly soothing, but the black and white I think isn't good (but that's a complaint with the filter itself, not your work bobbin) The game is really colorful, and I love it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also vice has a bunch of stupid poo poo you have to deal with.
Black Caesar, the upcoming case, is my least favorite case in the game.
Arson is cool though and has one of my favorite cases.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm kinda bummed that we didn't get burglary, those cases would have been a lot of fun I think. Lots of evidence examination.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad you're doing the good Scarface, Bobbins :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is one of the only good Vice cases, in my opinion. It's very Noir.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kopijeger posted:

Notes:

- According to the inflation calculator, $10,000 is equivalent to $108,088.79 today, which seems ridiculously high for a cigarette case, even if it is made of gold. $600 would be worth $6,485.33, which is still quite a hefty chunk of cash to hand out.

That's a Faberge case, though. Those things go for insane prices, even back then, especially with the custom imprint (meaning it was most likely special ordered and handmade).

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really love Kelso, he's great.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Delacroix posted:

I love it whenever a game bugs out and someone is in the civilian pose. :allears:

What's exactly odd with the mosquito coils, Bobbin? They look exactly like the ones in Australia to me (possibly the inspiration) and even bundled the same way, in twos.

I've never seen them bundled in twos like that in the US, they're normally separated.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This video is great for showing off just how goddamned pretty LA is in this game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This case has the best intro in the entire game. It's honestly amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Courtney is demonstratively the worst person in this entire game. This update seals that. He deserved much worse than what he got.

• Locked thread