Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Those of you who follow me regularly know that I always like to do something special on April 1st. Since I could hardly delay a Monday update to Friday, I decided to do something completely unrelated which I incidentally have wanted to do for literal years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2xx8br6OGU

:allears: You better do the rest of LA Noire like this now!

SimonChris posted:

I once had an LP video flagged by Youtube because a character hummed a few bars from Ride of the Valkyries. I wouldn't feel to sure if I was you, Bobbin...

Seriously? Who was doing the humming? Van Canto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xander77 posted:

I'm translating a 1970's Russian story in which one of the heroes quotes / banters "Работай негр, солнце еще высоко!". There's nothing about the character that's meant to be racist, but it's impossible to maintain the literal meaning in English without bringing in that implication.

What does it mean, for those of us who don't speak Russian?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe they were lying low? I mean, the war was just 2 years ago.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kurieg posted:

And the IRS destroyed the 39-42 tax records of most of the detainees so there was no proof of their previous net worth, making reparations difficult to impossible.

Why would they do that? Just sounds needlessly vindictive. Hell, it sounds like a law enforcement nightmare- if any of them were on Hirohito's take, then surely comparing the tax records to other things (like shopping purchases and transaction records) would make it easier to prosecute them.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yvonmukluk posted:

The worrying thing is that apparently the LAPD at the time is an improvement over when one James Davis was running the department.

This is an amazing pro-click, and I want to name my kid Clifford Clinton now.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Count me in as someone who didn't mind the colour change, but hated the audio fuckery :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Isn't Wop a slur on Italians?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, hearing about the stuff RKO put out, it's sad so see they met such an ignominous end :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I kind of like the Stout Scarab- it's got that 'cute-ugly' look the Bug has, only in greater quantities :3:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

berryjon posted:

edit: Howard Hughes, Nazis and a Comic Book Hero?
The ROCKETEER?!?!?!

I'm not sure it could be anything else :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What is the car Mapes (and later Cole) drove? I know Biggs doesn't like it, but I think it looks stylish as gently caress.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Roger Rabbit never gave me nightmares, even as a kid, but to this day I still can't watch that scene where Doom dissolves the shoe in Dip without turning away or closing my eyes at some point. That poor little thing just wanted to be friends :cry:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well Bobbin, it seems you need to revise your opinion of the most disturbing onscreen death :v:

Also, rewatching the video, it really is ridiculous just how much better the chemistry between Kelso and Elsa is. Why wasn't Kelso's actor chosen for Cole's role?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
My big question is whether or not it'll be a lecture series, because to me that's a bigger selling point than any number of playstyles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Elth posted:

I'd like to second that. I often listen to that LP in the background as I do other stuff and just listen to the lectures.

Same here; if anything I wish Bobbin made playlists of only his lectures :allears:

• Locked thread