Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Having just finished this game for the first time recently myself, I'm glad that you're doing it. You'll point out all the plot holes I glossed over and I'll learn about cool Noir flicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Phelps' bad cop can be REALLY bad sometimes. At some point he threatens to throw a suspect in jail and yell very loudly that he's a child molester.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 29, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I also want to say that I enjoy Cole Phelps as a character. He's portrayed as a hardass, not in the mood to take anyone's poo poo, doesn't joke around much, very serious, and doesn't let things go. These are perfect qualities you want in a cop, but the game does not go out of its way to say that Cole is a good person because of these qualities. He's a very good cop... and really nothing else. I can't think of one character on the force that Cole befriends, not even his partners. He clashes too much with them because he is too much of a cop. I can only assume for the most part that he's like that off the clock, too, seeing as how outside one time by a person Cole doesn't even like, he's never invited out for drinks and they outright say later that there's detectives that go bowling once a week and Phelps had no idea.

Hell, the closest thing he gets to a friend is ultra late in the game, and even then, I wouldn't call them a friend.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

RickVoid posted:

We also don't see Cole really do anything off duty. Assuming the cop leaving the house in the intro is Cole (It's his character model) we know that he's married, but we don't necessarily know if the marriage is happy or if he has children, to my recollection.

That is indeed Cole and his wife (she shows up for all of one cutscene later), and I remember them saying he has two girls as well. It seems happy enough but... well... we'll see about that later. I have words about it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This is still as great as it was when you told me when you wanted to do this a few years back.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Jade Star posted:

"Why isn't the ambulance here yet?" - Bobbin Threadbare, 20 seconds after gunshots were heard.

The police were there, plus no matter how long you spend the ambulance NEVER ARRIVES. I can understand Bobbin pointing it out.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Wow, Drew Carey's surprisingly agile.

Drew Carey can bust some moves when he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSekfCKafMs

I know that's a stunt double please don't point it out.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

If you guys are talking about the thing I think you're talking about, I've already missed my opportunity to sail through the sky. On the bright side, I think my gormless fumbling to try and get around is entertaining in its own way.

Having seen next week's video already, this is very true.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

All the partners except for the Traffic one are pretty good characters imo.

Aw I like the traffic guy too. He's snarky, lazy, and tired of being handed bullshit assignments that he can't make anything of.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I would have much preferred it if Cole hadn't cheated on his wife and they were just pictures taken at juuuuust the right moment to look compromising. As a result this "Cole is cheating on his wife" side story just loving comes out of nowhere and has little to no impact because we saw Cole's wife all of once in the intro cutscene, and haven't even seen his kids at all. If it's going to be a scandal, either keep Cole single and have her be a Nazi sympathizer or a communist or something, or make the cheating angle a fake because it's way out of character for Cole to do something like this.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I only watched it for the first time about 2 years ago.

It's an extremely good movie and yeah, Judge Doom is pretty terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Vadoc posted:

Holy poo poo, Cole is an early version of the guy from Watch_Dogs.

Nah, because Cole actually cares about people, particularly those who haven't done anything wrong. Aiden is just a pure psychopath through and through.

• Locked thread