Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDifferential
Sep 19, 2012
I've not played this game before. Weirdly enough, until this LP I always thought this thing was a David Cage production. Now that I know it isn't I suppose that explains why this game has so high ratings.

About the whole "spoilers allowed" policy, I think there's something to be said about that. The whole "whodunit" concept can be abused by hiding sub-par writing and production under plot twists. Games such as 999, the visual novel, are all about the plot twist at the end and, in my opinion, awful on the way there. If the game is built with the idea that the ending is a bait in the horizon, as if a man standing on your back with a fishing rod and a carrot, inviting you to chase the carrot further and further, does it really produce a great game? It's as if the game is tempting: "Come quickly my darling! You'll miss the ending!" while stepping backwards as you struggle towards the end trying to reach it. In all the good stories I've read the journey has always been the relevant part. These "whodunit" mysteries can still be entertaining, but they lose something if the production values were considered a second priority compared to trying to keep the audience in the dark about the perpetrator. I've been hearing a lot about Columbo, but never really watched the show. Now I think I'll finally get to it.

Hopefully you'll do an episode with the "black and white" mode enabled. The saturation does seem to be a bit on the higher end, although I'm not sure it's an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread