Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Somehow, this is real.

quote:

+ + + TWO WORLDS III enters development + + +
+ + + TWO WORLDS II gets major engine update and new DLC + + +

TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump studios have some exciting news! We are pleased to announce that after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units, Reality Pump Studios has officially begun work on the third part of our blockbuster RPG series, Two Worlds!

Two Worlds III™ is currently in the concept stage and scheduled for development over the next 36 months. Keep an eye out for further announcements.

And that's not all! We're also excited to announce a major engine update for Two Worlds II, and we're going to need it, because while we're laying down the basics for the third installment in the series, this year we're also going to be releasing eight new Two Worlds II multiplayer maps and two brand-new, single-player DLCs, Call of the Tenebrae and Shattered Embrace!

The first DLC, entitled Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae will be available at the end of Q2 2016 and focuses on the Hero's return to Antaloor, where he witnesses the shocking murder of DarPha! The killers are a never-before-seen tribe of hideous, rat-like creatures known only as "The Chosen", who control a mysterious, powerful new magic! Their genocidal plot threatens every living creature in Antaloor, and it's up to the Hero to find a way to stop them!

Expect to experience Antaloor like never before with the new engine update for Two Worlds II!
Also available for Linux and the Steam OS, the newly updated engine allows for a much higher level of character and landscape detail, an HD-GUI, in addition to tons of in-game achievements, co-op multiplayer, and lots of new in-game features and upgrades!
For more information on the first single-player DLC for Two Worlds II, Call of the Tenebrae, and all the exciting new things happening in the Two Worlds universe, please visit http://cot.twoworlds2.com/

get hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

goddamn, it only took them 5 years to come out with a major engine overhaul and new mp maps

I mean I guess I'll play it again if I can sucker my friends into re-installing it, but wow this is just...unexpected

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its going to be bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, probably anyway

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

It'll be bad but dammit they're trying... again...

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
forsooth

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
my taint

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Eonwe posted:

its going to be bad

It better be.

Edit: Also, Sexy Orcs.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
2 lost the plot 2 hard

This better get us back to the basics I want motherfukken ghost bears, mad taints, hellacious upgrade systems, and give me some more GOD drat TAINTS

Orv
May 4, 2011
Son of a biiiiiiiiiitch. I liked the first game more than it deserved and 2's MP was way better than it had any right to be.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gazaar posted:

2 lost the plot 2 hard

This better get us back to the basics I want motherfukken ghost bears, mad taints, hellacious upgrade systems, and give me some more GOD drat TAINTS

i liked the wizard college part of 2

help me find my wizard thesis or i wont be able to get my wizard phd

also, the first expansion to tw2 is pretty great and has a bunch of fun pirate stuff so i'm hoping this'll be fun too

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I actually just re-installed TW1 and yes, I enjoy that game way more than I should. IMO it's the closest we'll get to a medieval/fantasy Saints' Row until they actually make one. Maybe this game will be it?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

C-Euro posted:

IMO it's the closest we'll get to a medieval/fantasy Saints' Row until they actually make one. Maybe this game will be it?

If Two Worlds 3 is to Two Worlds 1 what Saint's Row 2/3/4 are to Saint's Row 1, it will be GOTY. Two Worlds 2 was getting there, but it didn't quite do it.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
how in the gently caress

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

If I can't stack a dozen wooden clubs to make a god-tier wooden club that will one-shot bosses, then GTFO.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I remember buying the first Two Worlds for about ten dollars and enjoying it tremendously.

It was such a terrible game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Oh gently caress yes. Will you be able to throw poop like monkeys could in Two Worlds Two?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
the summoning part of two was really good, you could have a small army following you around

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
TWO WORLDS THREE

poo poo need to finish 2fast2worlds now

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
HIT SLIT

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
FORSOOTH MY TAINT IS PRESSING X TO ARM MYSELVE.

Yeah. I can get on board with this horrible, horrible game and it's horrible, horrible lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5YhEnOuW6c

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Two Worlds 2 wasn't too bad. Not that great but still playable (aside from the crypt mazes with no maps, those got old real fast).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Archonex posted:

Yeah. I can get on board with this horrible, horrible game and it's horrible, horrible lines.

thank you. This was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
This was the game where you stacked 99 iron swords into one supersword right?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes, yes it was.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Yes, yes it was.

Also you could beat the game in 2 minutes by having the villagers in the first area kill the final boss for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dek8lBahI0U

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Archonex posted:

Hahaha I laughed so hard I started coughing. I'm going to pick this game up when it goes on sale next, which seems to be every other weekend on Steam.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Oh my god.

This is where I belong.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I think I remember playing the second one and being completely baffled by almost everything in it, and for some reason everything being way loving harder than it should have been. Should I pick it up again?

Edit-

I remember thinking it was oddly hard and difficult to understand like one of the Gothic or the Risen games. I can only describe them as being "very German". Not even sure if they're from Germany but they feel like it, for some reason.

Wrr fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 29, 2016

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Glad to see that this is what we're getting after the runaway success of Raven's Cry.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Two Worlds is a pile of literal and figurative garbage passing itself off as a game that gave me more genuine, maniacal glee than almost any game before or since. This is the AAA sequel the world of video games truly deserves.

2 was alright.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Shima Honnou posted:

Oh my god.

This is where I belong.

Welcome home my boy

I made a ludicrously overpowered potion of jumping in 2w2, it let me leap to the top of the skybox and see the entire crappy tiny zone box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWPQdYhaJY

HERE'S A VIDEO OF IT I happened to record it while listening to a bombcast don't tell them!

Gazaar fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 29, 2016

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Two Worlds 2 was a better game and because of that was actually a worse game because the fun of Two Worlds was how completely hosed it was.

In celebration of this announcement of more Two Worlds 2 content, I will reinstall Two Worlds and not play 2.

Edit: Two

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 29, 2016

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Vakal posted:

Also you could beat the game in 2 minutes by having the villagers in the first area kill the final boss for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dek8lBahI0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3njDh5_UPc
But yeah, they patched that out :(

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I just bought both Two Worlds for like 3$ on Steam, wow that's like, less than a dollar per world. Is it any good, what should I do?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Live.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Two Worlds was a legit better game than Oblivion and even Skyrim.

Definitely better than Dragon Age.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Two Worlds 2 was a better game and because of that was actually a worse game because the fun of Two Worlds was how completely hosed it was.

In celebration of this announcement of more Two Worlds 2 content, I will reinstall Two Worlds and not play 2.

Edit: Two

But can't you create a tornado made of anvils in Two Worlds Two Furious? Seems like a huge plus for a game, though I admit I haven't played it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I thought people hated Two Worlds and II, this all sounds awesome :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

C-Euro posted:

But can't you create a tornado made of anvils in Two Worlds Two Furious? Seems like a huge plus for a game, though I admit I haven't played it.

Yeah the magic system in Two Worlds 2 is actually legit pretty goddamn cool.

Shoehead posted:

I thought people hated Two Worlds and II, this all sounds awesome :allears:

I unironically like 1, like by most metrics it's not a good game but it's so fun and charming partly because it's so hosed.

Also I ended up playing both games today, 2 still seems like a goddamn mess but not in the fun way.

• Locked thread