Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

You might be a video gamer if you like big butts because you saw a big butt in a videogame, so because you get confused between video games and real life because you play a lot of videogames (videogamers know what I mean), sometimes when you're looking at something in real life (meaning not in the videogame, videogamers will "get" this), you can't tell if it's a real thing or a "fake" "virtual" thing like a 3d model or a 2d sprite, and so you like something that you thought was real because you saw it in the virtual world, and you're accustomed to the virtual video game world, so if you like something in the virtual world that's actually better than if you like it in the non video game real life world, and so you got confused between the video game world and the real life world, but you saw a butt in a video game that looked big because you play with a low FOV (field of view) setting (only gamers will get this, it's kind of an in joke) and it looked bigger than it would look in real life vision, so you like it in the video game but you got mistaken and thought you were seeing it in real life, but because you like things that you see in video games more you actually like big butts less than if you thought you were seeing them in a video game, but you still like them even though it's less than you would like them otherwise. You looked at the big butt and said wow that's a nice butt, but it would be better if it was in a video game, and it was rendered with millions of polygons and high tech physics simulations, and global illumination shaders. The butt crack would be darker because of an advanced screen space occlusion shader and the edges of the butt would look slightly brighter because of a well made fresnel lighting map. The butt would have been painted in an abstracted U/V unwrapped texture, now it's only impressive for one reason, that's because it's a big butt. If this was a video game I could lower my graphics settings to see what an inferior render of the butt would look like, but since this is in real life I can't do that because it's not possible, since you can't set the settings in real life (this makes real life vision less impressive than video game vision, because you can't take away the rendering methods one by one to see the difference they make). I like this big butt but if I saw it in a videogame it would be an interactive experience and therefore better and more immersive, whereas seeing big butts in real life is not as immersive because I can't interact with them, only look at them. And then you turn around and you realize you were looking at a computer screen the whole time, which surprises and disorients you, but then you realize you like big butts even more because in fact it was in a video game, not in the inferior non-video game real life, so you turn back to your computer and push Esc ("Escape" key, only true 1990s gamers will get this) to go to the Options menu and then click the Video button to see all the graphics options you can change. You click on Anti Aliasing, which was set to maximum, and it cycles to the lowest option, None. You push Esc again to look at the big butt, and it looks pretty much the same but the edges are more rigid and pixelated. Nice, you think, my graphics card lets me look at big butts smoothed out so that the edges are smoothed out, that's better than my current vision in real life, which doesn't let me do that. You go back to Video options and turn off real time reflections, and go back to the game. Now the big butt isn't visible in the mirror next to you, so you can only see 1 big butt. Instead of showing the big butt from a different angle, now the mirror only shows a prerendered cubemap which seems to show a reflection of the room but minus the big butt. You go back and turn real time reflections back on. Yow, you think, that's technology. Where there was one butt, now there are two big butts. Next you go really close to the big butt, until you start to see the limits of the texture map, which is only 8192 by 8192 pixels. Thats what I like, you think, it's high resolution but there's a limit. It's tangible, the virtual butt, where a real butt is messy and you can't see everything there is to see even if you have a microscope. I don't like that, you think, I want to have control over the butt I can see.

ha ha sounds like you should call dr. mario, cuz you got the bug!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Haha, yeah, I guess you can say I have the bug, the video game bug that is, or you could also say the glitch. Glitch is what bugs in video games used to be called, and sometimes you still call them that. You could say I need a "patch," because "patch" can also mean a fix for real life things like clothes or skin, except real life patches are usually inferior to video game patches, because video game patches are meant to be a permanent fix that results in the video game being superior compared to before, but real life patches are usually a temporary fix that means you end up with something shoddy or inferior to the original product. Dr. Mario might have two kinds of "patches," because video games can have patches, and because doctors might give an injured person a "patch" (although for the gamers out there, here is a quick disclaimer, medical doctors might give something that could be considered a "patch" informally but more properly should be referred to as a bandage).

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What I mean to say is I could be given a "patch" in real life even though I am not a video game because (video gamers might not get this) "patches" are also something that can be used in real life to fix a real medical injury.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

- you come to gbs from the games forum to melt down when people make jokes about games or gamers

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Novo posted:

- you come to gbs from the games forum to melt down when people make jokes about games or gamers
-you read this post and you think what if there was a games forum, that is, not a games forum where video gamers get together to talk about video games, but a hypothetical forum where video games can talk to each other, maybe kind of like heaven but with parallax scrolling, and without any trolls to make me feel bad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

Haha, yeah, I guess you can say I have the bug, the video game bug that is, or you could also say the glitch. Glitch is what bugs in video games used to be called, and sometimes you still call them that. You could say I need a "patch," because "patch" can also mean a fix for real life things like clothes or skin, except real life patches are usually inferior to video game patches, because video game patches are meant to be a permanent fix that results in the video game being superior compared to before, but real life patches are usually a temporary fix that means you end up with something shoddy or inferior to the original product. Dr. Mario might have two kinds of "patches," because video games can have patches, and because doctors might give an injured person a "patch" (although for the gamers out there, here is a quick disclaimer, medical doctors might give something that could be considered a "patch" informally but more properly should be referred to as a bandage).

Haha the joke actually works on multiple levels (get it?) because a "patch" can also be used to administer nicotine to help people overcome an addiction to cigarettes and you might say you're "addicted" to video games because you play them so much they're actually having a detrimental effect on your health and personal relationships hahaha!!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Haha the joke actually works on multiple levels (get it?) because a "patch" can also be used to administer nicotine to help people overcome an addiction to cigarettes and you might say you're "addicted" to video games because you play them so much they're actually having a detrimental effect on your health and personal relationships hahaha!!!
I guess you could say that you could be addicted to video games but if you're a real video gamer you know this isn't very important at all because addiction means that your performance and statistics in the real life world are negatively affected by video games, and the virtual video game world is more important than the inferior real life world. According to the DSM specification for addictive disorders which I found by searching on Google for addictive disorders and clicking on the first result, "persistent and recurrent use of Internet games, and a preoccupation with them,
can result in clinically significant impairment or distress" however if you're a video gamer you know that not playing videogames will cause an even more significant impairment or distress. you might even need a "patch" for that. for example if you are a video gamer who cannot play video games any more the preferred "patch" might be suicide.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you write a 6000 word diatribe on blizzard removing sexy asses from their video game

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My name is Ginny Higerd. I'm 30 years old, and a mother of an 8 year old. I've been playing Blizzard Entertainment games since The Lost Vikings on SNES. I've been a gamer since 1993. I've been a WoW player since 2005.

I'm not attractive. I'm not skinny. I got my jelly rolls that I have to deal with. I've been teased about my appearance since elementary school. As I got older, I tried very hard not to let it get to me.

Today, however, I'm upset. I'm disappointed.

Today, I feel like my voice no longer matters to Blizzard. Today, I feel like I was told that I have to give up confident and sexy poses to cater to a small minority, very annoying voice in the gaming industry.

I'm quite frankly sick of it.

I love being a sexy night elf character. I love being Tracer. I love being Nova. I LOVE these strong women that can be confident in their abilities and their appearance, because in the real world, I'm none of those things. These games were an escape for me. I channel myself into these characters, because I would give anything to be just like them.

Blizzard, why am I not allowed to be strong and sexy? Why am I not allowed to love these characters as they already are? Why are you alienating not just me, but many other women that love these female characters as they are for a single voice?

I want Tracer to stay how she is. I want her to be strong, confident, and sexy. Please, PLEASE, stop trying to make this game too PC. Stop trying to make women like me out to be sensitive babies that can't handle beautiful women. Stop trying to cater to "families" when this game isn't meant to be played by younger children.

Stop snuffing out my voice!

Edit: Since I have to prove myself constantly: https://twitter.com/mahoumelonball/status/714561794363097088

Do I post on KiA? Yes, because I am a firm believer that video games are an art, and need to stop pandering to the PC crowd that do not actually play any of these games. My opinions are my opinions, and they should not be invalidated simply because of subreddits I browse.

I'm a grown adult that can make my own decisions, and simply because I disagree with the PC police does not mean I'm trolling.

Edit 2: Other characters in the game use the exact same pose. Why aren't people calling for them to be removed because they're "sexist"/boring/whatever excuse? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ceq0ec7WsAMUK-x.jpg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tough tits (not a compliment!), lady. Everyone knows women can't be gamers.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

haha nice u might be a gamer if u like the vido game's rear end

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

social vegan posted:

haha nice u might be a gamer if u like the vido game's rear end

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
You might be a videogamer if you get offended about dumb poo poo and cry on the internet about it.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The Fattest PI posted:

You might be a videogamer if you get offended about dumb poo poo and cry on the internet about it.

every single person on internet is a gamer, congratulations gamers! <3 <3 <3

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

-Waiting for dead wife to finally respawn

:lol:

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I've been playing Blizzard Entertainment games since The Lost Vikings on SNES.

lol this phrase's existence as explanatory background

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 31, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

You have opinions on pixel asses

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Effortpost about changelogs

killertunes
Jun 13, 2012

Tastes like chicken!
You log into your game after a big patch and starting asking everyone what changed without reading the patch notes yourself.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Your butt is really big because it's full of poops.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
You might be a gamer IF you're jailhouse gay

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
- You installed a toilet in your bedroom so you never have to step away from the screen for even one second.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
enough of this MIGHT stuff, i want the facts

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Well the fact is... we don't have all the facts. We don't know for sure what causes gaming and until we do... well... there's no hope for a cure.

killertunes
Jun 13, 2012

Tastes like chicken!

Applewhite posted:

Well the fact is... we don't have all the facts. We don't know for sure what causes gaming and until we do... well... there's no hope for a cure.

There is only Zuul!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hello y'all

I am a videogamer, pleased to meet you. Maybe we can get together and play some videogames together? Just you and me together basking in the dim cold light of the videogame. I will be the top and you will be the bottom,

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

extra stout posted:

your whole identity is based on a shirt printed in 2014 about a game from 1988 that you never beat
-you tried to guess the reference and were sad when Wikipedia said you were wrong

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

killertunes posted:

You log into your game after a big patch and starting asking everyone what changed without reading the patch notes yourself.

smh if you don't spend your whole lunch hour at work plus about half an hour of when you're supposed to have started working again reading the latest natch potes

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

If you have a meltdown because they removed donut drake from the new uncharted game

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
if your dumb

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

u sucked dick on the danceflloor at the pheonix cuz he said his name was mario and u love mario haha u definitely don't gay ur just mario lover gamer

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

you eat pasta sauce for dinner alone in the dark kinda jerkin but not really going anywher ermembering her what she meant to u but now ur hero this is the only prego in ur lif

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You're a real tough badass and you never cry. You don't get why some people get all sensitive about poo poo like movies or funerals. Maybe you're just emotionally tougher than any of them. You only cried over Aerith, a corrupt save-file, and that time you got hacked and lost all your gold.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Quote-Unquote posted:

you openly refer to yourself as a rapist when you beat somebody in a game

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

social vegan posted:

you eat pasta sauce for dinner alone in the dark kinda jerkin but not really going anywher ermembering her what she meant to u but now ur hero this is the only prego in ur lif

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i am a a gamer, why has god abandoned us

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

you openly refer to yourself as "the master race" because of your choice in gaming system

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
More details regarding the “gamer” genre:
- A Gamer is one who plays PC and/or console games; one that may only play a game “once in a while.”
- A Recreational Gamer is one who plays only a select few types of games (e.g. sports, RPGs, or first-person shooter) and will only play the games when it is convenient to him/her (a.k.a Casual Gamer)
- A Hardcore Gamer is one who dedicates all free time to PC and/or console games. This person DOES NOT have to smell, be a geek, or any other stereotype associated with this type. This person respects the gaming industry for all of its accomplishments throughout its history, prefers to win, prefers to beat every game he/she plays, and talks to others about the games (in detail) he/she plays to others outside of his/her own house.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You're a real tough badass and know a lot about fighting. A lot. You've read a lot about martial arts and weapons. You're a total expert. Because one day you're gonna make a game with some awesome, REALISTIC combat. It'd be a real bad idea to mess with you. You've never been in a real fight, but if somebody pushed you, oh boy, you wouldn't hold back. That's the real secret to fighting, y'know. You can't hold back. You gotta just punch through them and not at them.

Dr_Zombie_Love
Mar 17, 2009
Gig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Look, listen, and learn. Being a true gamer isn't about playing every game," A TRUE gamer plays from the HEART." They Play Games the way their supposed to be played. They don't play halo online to get 1st place all the time, they play because they want to. They play to play. And they learn from their mistakes and slowly they become better and better, THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU A TRUE GAMER. Not all that other BS.

• Locked thread