Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

tentative8e8op posted:

:confused: Do you really think flerp being friendly means Azuth is evil? And i dont get what you mean by linking OctoberBlues to how flerp is. What do you feel about Microwaves Mom simply following Azuth's flerp vote and disappearing?

You're jumping onto the bandwagon and trying to actually push for what seems like a joke-ish choice, and you're telling us who to suspect if flerp turns out to be a friend.

I'm offering what I feel is a reasonable approach to getting on with this. I don't know if Azuth is evil or not. I don't know if OctoberBlues is either. Or flerp. Or you. And if you're town, you don't know about me either.

We as townies are uninformed. The werewolves know exactly what is going on, they will kill someone tonight and it will not be a shot in the dark for them.

We as townies have two ways of gaining solid, factual information: hanging someone, and letting our more outstanding members do some snooping at night. Neither of those can happen until we vote for somebody. And on day one, when we know jack poo poo, it's going to be a tossup. If we hang flerp, we know what he is, and we can proceed from there based on who's said what about him and how the votes went. In my case at least, it is absolutely nothing against flerp. It's just me going beep boop logic to find a reasonable starting point.

If you have a viable alternative for getting through day one with the most information and the most possible leads for future days, by all means throw it out there. If that means killing me, then so be it, vote for me. But that's a mistake, because I'm not a werewolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

flerp posted:

thatd be more shiba inu's imo

This is true both = anime

tentative8e8op posted:

:confused: Do you really think flerp being friendly means Azuth is evil? And i dont get what you mean by linking OctoberBlues to how flerp is. What do you feel about Microwaves Mom simply following Azuth's flerp vote and disappearing?

You're jumping onto the bandwagon and trying to actually push for what seems like a joke-ish choice, and you're telling us who to suspect if flerp turns out to be a friend.

They are all just awed by the divine crusade I'm leading against anime. Do not fault them for that.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I was informed that azuth likes anime by a very credible source. That being said ##vote flerp because on day one there must be blood.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Self hating anime lover. Worst case he's also a wolf too

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
This is a dire time. We can't waste energy deciphering writing shenanagans.

##vote gannyGrabber

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Glowku posted:

Self hating anime lover. Worst case he's also a wolf too

This is heresy and you will be the next anime to burn. I emphatically deny any and all anime love.

You're also supposed to bold your votes.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

MTV Crib Death posted:

##vote gannyGrabber

I agree however there is more important things to deal with right now like burning flerp, the anime lover.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Frog Assassin posted:

I'm offering what I feel is a reasonable approach to getting on with this. I don't know if Azuth is evil or not. I don't know if OctoberBlues is either. Or flerp. Or you. And if you're town, you don't know about me either.

We as townies are uninformed. The werewolves know exactly what is going on, they will kill someone tonight and it will not be a shot in the dark for them.

We as townies have two ways of gaining solid, factual information: hanging someone, and letting our more outstanding members do some snooping at night. Neither of those can happen until we vote for somebody. And on day one, when we know jack poo poo, it's going to be a tossup. If we hang flerp, we know what he is, and we can proceed from there based on who's said what about him and how the votes went. In my case at least, it is absolutely nothing against flerp. It's just me going beep boop logic to find a reasonable starting point.

If you have a viable alternative for getting through day one with the most information and the most possible leads for future days, by all means throw it out there. If that means killing me, then so be it, vote for me. But that's a mistake, because I'm not a werewolf.
I feel like the whole point of trying to proceed based on 'who said what' about other players works a lot better if most of the votes weren't throwing for a joke lynching.

I think it's better to look at who's trying to slip a vote in and disappear, and who's following who's lead, than hurrying to end a turn with a literal random choice.

Speaking of, you skipped answering the question I was most interested in:

tentative8e8op posted:

What do you feel about Microwaves Mom simply following Azuth's flerp vote and disappearing?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i just wanted to post dog gifs ;-;

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MTV Crib Death posted:

##vote gannyGrabber

.tuls a ekil sserd uoY

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

And if we're wrong about you, flerp, we'll erect a Bassador statue in the town square in your memory.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Personally I would like to hear from Your Dead Gay Son

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

tentative8e8op posted:

I feel like the whole point of trying to proceed based on 'who said what' about other players works a lot better if most of the votes weren't throwing for a joke lynching.

I think it's better to look at who's trying to slip a vote in and disappear, and who's following who's lead, than hurrying to end a turn with a literal random choice.

Speaking of, you skipped answering the question I was most interested in:

I hadn't given Microwave's Mom much thought to be honest, because I saw the flerp/Azuth/October possibility and decided to go for it. You're correct that a lot of the flerp dogpile seems to be because he likes anime, which I feel is a fine reason to lynch somebody, but only AFTER the werewolves are taken care of.

So even though I think day one is often a wash and we might as well just get it over with, I will ##unvote for the moment and see what develops. We have time. If you'd like to outline a strategy of your own based on what you've seen so far, please do.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

OctoberBlues posted:

Personally I would like to hear from Your Dead Gay Son

You leave my boy outta thi-- oh, right, yes, YDGS, aye, where is he?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
.reprusU ehT in htiaf etelpmoc rof evas, ygetarts on si erehT.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Gonna abstain till I know more.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

Gonna abstain till I know more.

What more do you need to know other than that there is an anime lover and we need to burn it?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

What more do you need to know other than that there is an anime lover and we need to burn it?

If you can provide conclusive proof that flerp likes anime, I will consider switching my vote. If you cannot, it is proof that you created it out of thin air and need to be murdered. :)

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

If you can provide conclusive proof that flerp likes anime, I will consider switching my vote. If you cannot, it is proof that you created it out of thin air and need to be murdered. :)

Of course you think I need to be murdered you intend to kill us all.

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm going to be honest, I intend to have the whole lot of you killed. Can't be too safe.

You're next after we purge the anime from the town.

Oh here's your proof:

flerp posted:

i wish i was a werecorgi :3:

flerp wishes to be an anime weredog.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

How is a werecorgi "a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

I think you have twisted the meaning of anime in an attempt to slander my fellow citizen.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 30, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
.nerdlihc-nam dna stluda ta demia yllacipyt, god fo elyts a si igroc A.

.hgoune esolC.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

OctoberBlues posted:

How is a werecorgi "a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

I think you have twisted the meaning of anime in an attempt to slander my fellow citizen.

Hey OctoberBlues, you edited your post. This is your only warning, please quote your post if you need to edit it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I saw him do it, all he did was add the extra line of text instead of double posting. Old habits most likely.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

My moon speaking friend here said it well enough:

gannyGrabber posted:

.nerdlihc-nam dna stluda ta demia yllacipyt, god fo elyts a si igroc A.

.hgoune esolC.

"A corgi is a style of dog typically aimed at adults and man-chilrden.

Close enough."

corgi=anime

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Its only slander if its not true.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

tentative8e8op posted:

I don't like how Microwaves Mom, Glaucus Atlanticus and, to a much lesser extent, Tendai immediately followed even more. Since Microwaves Mom only bothered to post by joining Azuth, ##vote Microwaves Mom

I cant wait until everyone's finally here :yayclod:

Hes for Making America Great again. ANd we aint gonna get poo poo done if we dont start lynchin.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Good googity moogity, that guy speaking backwards is on my list now.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

drat right lets make this town great again.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

drat right lets make this town great again.

Hmm, you and MM seem to have coordinated this attack. HMMMM

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

Hmm, you and MM seem to have coordinated this attack. HMMMM

and you have killed in the past! Anyone remember REGINALD?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

and you have killed in the past! Anyone remember REGINALD?

I did my best for that spider, goddammit! I caught a flea for him!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

I did my best for that spider, goddammit! I caught a flea for him!

which you poisoned

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

which you poisoned

Take note people, MM and Azuth0667 have launched a coordinated attack to try to take down good honest people like myself and flerp. They're calling plays from the same playbook!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

Take note people, MM and Azuth0667 have launched a coordinated attack to try to take down good honest people like myself and flerp. They're calling plays from the same playbook!

I have a divine mandate to purge this town of all anime. You poisoned a helpless spider and are defending an anime lover. The line for the burning stake just keeps getting longer. Hurry up and burn flerp so we can move on to this guy and the glowing anime avatar guy.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I stand with Donald Trump.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

Good googity moogity, that guy speaking backwards is on my list now.

.margorp lasrever drow a hguorht ti gnittup fo daetsni tuo lla siht gnipyt ma I taht nrael ot gnitairufni erom neve ti dnif ll'uoy epoh I

.em thgiF

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

gannyGrabber posted:

.margorp lasrever drow a hguorht ti gnittup fo daetsni tuo lla siht gnipyt ma I taht nrael ot gnitairufni erom neve ti dnif ll'uoy epoh I

.em thgiF

I just feel bad for you.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Still...

It strikes me a bit odd.

It's a bit odd, on't ya think?
Mean... cause if I were a beast -- if'n you were one -- what would you do if you were 'cused?
'Cused an in jeopardy uh bein' hanged.

Why, you'd refute it, a course. You'd refute it with all ya being. You'd say whatever to try 'n muddy the waters. Lose the trail. Cos there just ain't no comin' back from it
*pantomimes hanging by a noose*

What's our boy flerp been doing? Mainly, postin' dog pics.

It don't strike me as right. Somethin' fishy to it.

I'm gonna go ahead and ##unvote

And I think we'd all best be looking at the lad who's been speakin' in tongues 'is 'ole time.

I'm talking 'bout GannyGrabber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

OctoberBlues posted:

To be fair, your mother is the town prostitute and she probably slept with a werewolf at one point.

So watch out.

• Locked thread