Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

That Robot posted:

cathode was a pro click man

i bought the ios version of that app

ty

its you

you are the mac hipster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
rip steve jerbs

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Rip him apart imho

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
harsh but justified

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
If you apt-get install eclipse it gets all hosed up and instead you have to go to their website and download an installer and install it using that.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Demonachizer posted:

If you apt-get install eclipse it gets all hosed up.
Fixed that for you.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Linux is super easy just use *favored distro by poster that isn't repeated by anyone else because there are so many and all of them act up in different ways* it's not that hard :smug:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

LethalGeek posted:

Linux is super easy just use *favored distro by poster that isn't repeated by anyone else because there are so many and all of them act up in different ways* it's not that hard :smug:

the distros that are easy are as follows.
debian
*ubuntu
mint
fedora
suse i guess

they all suck to different degrees and for different reasons. if you don't know why you need linux just install it on a virtual machine.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I play games, Linux is pretty much out for me so don't care!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

the distros that are easy are as follows.
debian
*ubuntu
mint
fedora
suse i guess

they all suck to different degrees and for different reasons. if you don't know why you need linux just install it on a virtual machine.

I abandoned the Ubuntu distros around when 9.04 was out, and for the most of the time since have run openSUSE. It was pretty easy back then, and only gotten more polished since.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

I am not a book posted:

Hello I am a Windows System Administrator I need to download an SSH client I know I will use an unencrypted HTTP connection to download the SSH client which I will then repeatedly type my password(Which is the same as my Domain Admin Credentials) into No don't worry It's cool I use Trend Micro!!!

idgi what is wrong with the first part

yeah domain admin creds should be vaulted but idgi on the first part

E: specifically I am asking what is wrong with the http connection, since adding tls to the process you just described does.... What?

let it mellow fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 6, 2016

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

this is a good read

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

its ok to not want to, its another thing to express in detail one's ineptitude and it kind of shines light on the first half of the complaint

but yes if you cant figure out how to unscrew a bolt in one hour then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it

You know changing the oil in a car involves slightly more effort than just removing the sump plug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
Forgive the cross posting. It's relevant.

I've been dual booting Linux since I was gifted an e-machines PC with Windows ME preinstalled. I started with Coral, moved to Xandros, switched to Ubuntu and once they started using the search feature for local files to feed Amazon, I switched to Mint. One of these days I'll switch to Debian, probably. I need to get Google off my portable devices because they're really irritating lately.

I got rid of Windows completely a few years ago because I'm not a huge PC gamer and it was more trouble than it was worth. (I think I quit on 7) I tend to keep the games on the closed source consoles.

I haven't upgraded in a while because everything is stable and I haven't picked up new hardware yet.

• Locked thread