Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Inspired by Conservapedia

http://www.conservapedia.com/Unbreakable posted:

Unbreakable is a movie about a college football star who gave up the game after a car accident and his encounter with a man who wants to know his "place" in the world. It was directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who previously made the much more successful film The Sixth Sense.

Spoiler warning

This article contains important plot information

David Dunn (Bruce Willis) is a security guard at university football stadium, looking for new work in New York because of his strained marriage.

Describe famous movies by focusing on what's really important:

Mischalaniouse posted:

"Kill Bill is about a woman who goes on a trip to Japan. She speaks Japanese and visits local businesses."

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Ghostbusters (1984) is about three scientists who live in New York. They visit a library but get fired so they all move in together to live in a fire station.

They meet a cellist, an accountant, an EPA lawyer, and an unemployed black man.

They get arrested, but they are let go later.

In the end, they go to the roof of a building and make a mess.

VitalSigns posted:

Hamlet is the story of some Danish guy who finds out his stepdad has enlisted two of his childhood friends to spy on him and set him up to be executed, but Hamlet outsmarts them and the pair unwittingly deliver themselves up to execution instead.

jojoinnit posted:

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1928): a robot is in Central Park. Autumn passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Beauty and the Beast: Old man struggles, fails to invent anything worthwhile, ends up trading daughters life for his own. Later, household staff receive no compensation for a decade of service.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The Village is a movie by M. Night Shyamalan where a small, traditional village in the middle of a forest is besieged by strange monsters.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Saw a movie once where this dude was the worst bike repairman ever. He went to all these mostly naked ladies houses and never fixed one bike.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A child reconnects with his mother who's been committed to a mental hospital. With the help of a friend they escape from the hospital and go to vandalize a computer lab. A police man gives chase.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Groundhog Day stars Bill Murray who plays a TV weatherman. He visits the town of Punxsutawney to report on Groundhog day. He wakes up at 6 AM, learns some new skills, falls in love with his producer Rita and decides to move to Punxsutawney permanently.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

sluggo is mad posted:

Saw a movie once where this dude was the worst bike repairman ever. He went to all these mostly naked ladies houses and never fixed one bike.

I don't get why they made so many sequels either.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A cop, an alcoholic, and a marine biologist go on a fishing trip.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Gary "Eggsy" Unwin struggles with a chaotic home life in working-class England brought on by his abusive stepfather Dean and harassment from local thugs. His concern for his mother Michelle and his half-sister prevent him from confronting Dean directly.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Deprived of rights, dignity, and any social mobility, the denizens of the desert city of Agrabah suffer through lives of poverty and squalor. One day, a parade heralds the arrival of a singing prince and his retinue of magical animals.

In the lives of the common people, nothing changes.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Usual Suspects: a career con-man reflects on a life spent picking coffee beans in Guatemala and singing in a barbershop quartet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The Martian: After tense negotiations, US-Chinese relations improve. Sean Bean's life ends.

Idiocracy: After sleeping longer than he planned, a man disagrees with today's media.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Die Hard 3: Bruce Willis learns about race relations and America's history.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Anti-Christ: A couple go on a cabin getaway to escape from the stresses of parenthood. There they encounter several animals, including a fox, deer, and crow.

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
A troubled Canadian lumberjack undergoes a painful operation after losing his girlfriend. He moves in with an elderly couple who treat him as a surrogate son to find love again.

Minority Report
A high-functioning doper whose glory days are long past searches for the only opthalmologist who can help him rejoin society.

Ju-on (The Grudge)
A boy and his cat cause no end of trouble to a nosy social worker and the surrounding community.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

in the treasure of the sierra madre one little mexican boy wins the lottery and another little mexican boy cheats death and another little mexican boy foils a gang of bandits and humphrey bogart unconvincingly plays a little mexican boy

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 30, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mourning the death of his best friend, Shuya navigates his way through a chaotic school trip with his crush and a cool transfer student

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Die Hard - A New York man struggles to reconnect with his separated spouse during his trip to Los Angeles. Also, a limo driver enjoys the works of Stevie Wonder on his off hours.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A man is forced into a life of wandering after his home is demolished to make room for a highway.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PBS Newshour posted:

A cop, an alcoholic, and a marine biologist go on a fishing trip.

The alcoholic inherently knows the best fishing spots.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Shaun of the Dead: A man submerged in routine attempts to find his way to his favourite bar. He and his friend play frisbee with records. Along the way he meets his doppleganger.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

An American man that owns a bar in Morocco runs afoul of the law when the patrons in his bar start singing in French, which is illegal for some reason. To make matters worse, his unfaithful ex-girlfriend is in town!

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

Disney's Snow White is about a dwarf who is just too shy for his own good

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

A young man with big, frizzy hair is really bad at changing the swaddling on his newborn child

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

a group of young people brought together by their shared genetic superiority gang up and beat a holocaust survivor

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
public servant joseph dredd teaches people that using drugs causes more harm than good.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Sensing that he is in the winter of his life and afraid that he has neglected his family for his business, an elderly business magnate opens theme park in a last minute attempt to reconnect with his grandchildren. The kids however do not like the theme park that much and spend much of the movie hiding in a kitchen.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

An Austrian family decides to move to Australia to beat the blues.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The movie is an adaptation of the novel "the Orchid Thief" written by Susan Orlean.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Roger Radcliffe meets a woman named Anita, they fall in love and get married. Anita's friend Cruella visits and inspires Roger to write a song about her which becomes a big hit. In a parallel story, Cruella's employees Horace and Jasper watch TV.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

a young agricultural worker is groomed into a quasi-religious cult by a weird old man and becomes best friends with two notorious criminals and a disgraced royal.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

In this foreign film, a shy widower decides to start dating again, and ends up meeting an eccentric young woman who helps him cut footloose.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
a deaf man has sex with a religious nut, and is rejected by his father.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
A middle aged homosexual man moves into a new house with his stoner son, and soon murders his neighbor.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A rollerblader is on a summer quest in search of the perfect hamburger. But he skates a little too far in to the waves and before you know it he is, wave skater :airquote:. He literally rollerblades on the ocean, it's totally sick and christlike. He gets mad pussy but he never finds the perfect hamburger and hangs himself with his salty rollerblade laces while his fans lick his face, all eating p decent hamburgers.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Fix It posted:

An Austrian family decides to move to Australia to beat the blues.

I like it. :frogon:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
In the video where I was fuken your mom she reach back and take the rubber off and I started groanin real loud and I can't watch it on my phone any more because my own groanin sicks me out

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
a european man travels america with his adopted daughter and learns about a foreign culture while finding out new things about himself

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

In the video where I was fuken your mom she reach back and take the rubber off and I started groanin real loud and I can't watch it on my phone any more because my own groanin sicks me out

What's this movie called..,...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
boy meets girl

• Locked thread