Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

Hey Quantum Break had Sam Lake Directing and as a writer! Its only been delayed for 2 years for "polishing", that's a good sign right? That's worth being forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the Windows store, right?
i was hoping remedy would go back to what they're good at -- third person shooter action with the main character droning on about poo poo while everything explodes

what we got is fmvs that require streaming from a server (why?) and setpieces that are too short to really enjoy

totally worth it

gonna wait for Quantum Break: American Nightmare for when they finally fix everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i was hoping remedy would go back to what they're good at -- third person shooter action with the main character droning on about poo poo while everything explodes

what we got is fmvs that require streaming from a server (why?) and setpieces that are too short to really enjoy

totally worth it

gonna wait for Quantum Break: American Nightmare for when they finally fix everything

what is american nightmare like? I loved everything about alan wake except for the actual core gameplay system which was shallow and boring

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

has anyone said "social miidia" yet

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lizard Wizard posted:

has anyone said "social miidia" yet

you're the first.

congratulations!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okay well if anyone wants to be Miitomo buds my Twitter's @pwnmanexe

yes it's a dumb username shut up

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I've been thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 too, unless there's some big ol' reason I shouldn't.

I have a couple of games that don't play nicely with Windows 10, but that's the only problem I've had with it and I have dual boot for those cases.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

totally worth it

Alan Lake was amazing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Amazingly boring maybe...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope to be able to download miitomo if I ever have the money to buy a smart phone or tablet, for cheap, in the next 2 years

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
You have a flip phone? :wth:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna have money for the first time in a while this month and I can't decide between grabbing Dragon's Dogma and Art Academy Home Studio, or just Pokken. help

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm gonna have money for the first time in a while this month and I can't decide between grabbing Dragon's Dogma and Art Academy Home Studio, or just Pokken. help

Is it required that you spend money? If so, Dragon's Dogma unless you want to be on the ground floor of Pokken online multiplayer.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope to be able to download miitomo if I ever have the money to buy a smart phone or tablet, for cheap, in the next 2 years

Smartphones are absurdly cheap these days, as long as you're not going for an iphone or any brand that gets advertised on TV. You can probably get a capable one for :20bux: off-contract, less if you wait for something like Black Friday.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Is it required that you spend money? If so, Dragon's Dogma unless you want to be on the ground floor of Pokken online multiplayer.

I would LIKE to spend money, if that's acceptable to you. :colbert:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lizard Wizard posted:

I would LIKE to spend money, if that's acceptable to you. :colbert:

I honestly have around 15 games between PS4 and 3DS that I bought at or near full price and haven't put any time into so I realize in this moment I'm not qualified to judge.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i hope everybody who plays dark souls iii, quantum break, ratchet & clank or starfox zero has a lot of fun playing them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

Alan Lake was amazing.

hey man I really like your av

anyway dark souls 3 is going to be hella good, and with final fantasy 15 and persona 5 this year too it's gonna be a fun year for japanese rpgs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

You have a flip phone? :wth:

I have this

through safelink

raditts posted:

Smartphones are absurdly cheap these days, as long as you're not going for an iphone or any brand that gets advertised on TV. You can probably get a capable one for :20bux: off-contract, less if you wait for something like Black Friday.

that's about 20 bucks more than I have rn :v:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 is quickly becoming like Last Guardian for me in that I'll believe what year it's coming out when I have a copy of it in my hands.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Instant Sunrise posted:

hello friends, this is the games chat thread for the month of april.

A good thread.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Both Persona 5 and the Last Guardian will come out at the end of this year. Both games will be exactly as good as we want them to be.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I won't be able to afford the components to upgrade my computer to run Dark Souls 3 this month. What should I do?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
its not april yet you fucks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

axleblaze posted:

Persona 5 is quickly becoming like Last Guardian for me in that I'll believe what year it's coming out when I have a copy of it in my hands.

remember when last guardian was going to be on the ps3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been April for 6 1/2 hours

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reminder that the last original non spin-off Persona game was on PS2

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

the last guardian is going to be on the ps4k

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Reminder that the last original non spin-off Persona game was on PS2

persona is already a spin off game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

remember when last guardian was going to be on the ps3

Remember when FFXV was?

I think FFXV has actually been in development longer than Last Guardian at this point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

persona is already a spin off game

That's more popular than the mainline series

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

That's more popular than the mainline series

It's a very successful spin-off.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

april fools day is a tiresome and annoying loving tradition

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nowadays we mostly spend it wondering what tech corporations are going to pull, and that's pretty much where it ends

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad that I am not tired of april fools day, and likely never will tire of it

I hope everybody has a good day today, and that is not an april fools joke. If your day is bad, whether because of not liking april fools day or due to some other reason, I hope your day gets better sooner than later :) It will be ok, just push on through, it's almost the weekend!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ciaphas posted:

sleep through it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Falcom's owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

Falcom's owns

what is it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Remember when EGM fooled Capcom of America into thinking that there was a SF character that Japan hadn't told them about yet? Good times...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Should I get a PS4 or wait for the PS4K or just keep playing PC games thanks I'll hang up and listen.

• Locked thread