Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

besides the big four there's also that TMNT game by Platinum, which should be great because Platinum. Only just trying that Transformers game now and it's such dumb fun. Can't imagine how chaotic and cool it will to have all 4 turtles constantly spinning around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was the prank to google crimes committed against your employer

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Jay Rust posted:

"Google rolls back April Fool’s prank after users claim it cost them jobs"

good

less of a prank and more of a google ownage imo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If the Google mic drop thing caused you to get fired, you were probably on pretty thin ice at that point anyways.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

was the prank to google crimes committed against your employer

Google's April Fools prank was to include a Send + Mic Drop button that would add a .gif of a Minion(tm) dropping a mic and walking away. This would filter further replies into a different folder so you would not see them immediately.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

axleblaze posted:

If the Google mic drop thing caused you to get fired, you were probably on pretty thin ice at that point anyways.

Or, more likely, you were looking for a job and accidentally sent something unprofessional to a prospective employer

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

April Fool's Day is literally, no exaggeration, a real-life version of The Purge and I fear the day that some prankster hopped up on Nuke busts into my home, murders my anime bodypillow and steals my PC

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate Google but I still use all of their products. Same with Amazon. And I buy so many video games despite not approving of the industry's labour practices. April Fool's truly is a day of deep introspection

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

FutonForensic posted:

April Fool's Day is literally, no exaggeration, a real-life version of The Purge and I fear the day that some prankster hopped up on Nuke busts into my home, murders my anime bodypillow and steals my PC

It would be a good prank tho

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

axleblaze posted:

Remember when EGM fooled Capcom of America into thinking that there was a SF character that Japan hadn't told them about yet? Good times...

My favorite part of the Sheng Long prank is that eventually, every bit of it came to be a real thing in later Street Fighter iterations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26XKfq3V6rA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHio2lGd3fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXm0Dgkj7BQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryb2FscXFso

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

My favorite part of the Sheng Long prank is that eventually, every bit of it came to be a real thing in later Street Fighter iterations.

EGM's other most notorious prank (Sonic and Tails in Smash) also partially came true.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

From prank announced AC6 today

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

um ace combat 6 came out a while ago and was good

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
armored core 6

it was mean

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

um ace combat 6 came out a while ago and was good

Thats namco not from

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Kicking off April by puttin' Miitomo on my phone.

I would like to play this but it crashes on start up :(

I didn't root my phone or anything it is just a standard note 5.

Looks like a free tomodachi life

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FutonForensic posted:

Some complete loving moron thought it would be a good idea for an April Fools Day prank to put almond extract in some steam lines in a chemical factory

(said factory works with cyanide regularly)

https://www.reddit.com/r/chemistry/comments/4cpbrh/almond_smell/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

good morning chat thread, i hate april goddamned loving first

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ciaphas posted:

good morning chat thread, i hate april goddamned loving first

Make sure you let everyone know about it then.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

almonds smell nice

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

cram me sideways posted:

man gamestop wouldn't sell you the gum off the bottom of they shoe for a drat buck

I mean gamestop bought it for a buck

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

hello games chat what are the best anime games?

obviously recettear is #1 what are the others

rhapsody: a musical adventure

gently caress the DS version

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
there was a ds version?

what's wrong with the ds version?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Persona 4 might be my fave anime game, partly because it's not too embarrassing if people walk in on you while you're playing it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody has a good day today, and not a bad day!!

I had a good day so far, I slept and did not have any nightmares and also got to watch the new jojo episode and it was good and also I will play some hyrule warriors and then maybe sleep some more. all around, a fine, perfectly okay day, and i hope everybody else can have one too :)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

there was a ds version?

what's wrong with the ds version?

it lacks the english vocal track, which owned

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also, this April, Super Adventure Box, a shameless retro-style platforming zone, is back in Guild Wars 2 until the 19th. I'm looking forward to playing it, and if any of you have been wanting to try GW2 I highly recommend you use this excuse to do so.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I ordered Dark Souls 3 on Amazon to save some money but it won't be delivered until April 14, two full days after the US release. This is my own personal 9/11.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
How well has Donkey Kong Country aged? I'm thinking of purchasing it using my New Nintendo 3DS.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If Google Mic Drop lost you a job, you deserved it. In reality, I'm sure it cost no one anything and humorless jay rusts were just whining.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

How well has Donkey Kong Country aged? I'm thinking of purchasing it using my New Nintendo 3DS.

It's still a good game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I still like it but I've heard enough people say it looks bad and plays bad to say you should probably just try it to see for yourself. Or perhaps even wait for the second one if it's not already on 3DS since it's the favorite.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Phantasium posted:

I still like it but I've heard enough people say it looks bad and plays bad to say you should probably just try it to see for yourself. Or perhaps even wait for the second one if it's not already on 3DS since it's the favorite.

The second one goes up on the 14th so I'll just wait for that one I suppose

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Instant Sunrise posted:

armored core 6

it was mean

Announcing a game that some people (myself included) actually really want is a dumb prank.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

It was never good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

PantsBandit posted:

The second one goes up on the 14th so I'll just wait for that one I suppose
The second one is way better, one of the best platformers ever made even I'd go as far to say. The first one is still pretty decent but it feels more like a tech demo compared to the sequel.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Is Hyper Light Drifter good? It looks like a really good LttP clone.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Man, the things some people can do with MUGEN just blows me away.
:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Joe Gillian posted:

Is Hyper Light Drifter good? It looks like a really good LttP clone.

Depends on who you ask it seems.

• Locked thread