Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I like The Beatles, but they didn't have enough musical theory to be perfectly analogous to Da Vinci, who totally knew what he was doing and didn't operate by throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

d00kiemastah posted:

I don't think music theory is a good front to challenge The Beatles, they use some really interesting chords and changes that should sound challenging, but somehow fit perfectly. Julia sounds beautiful, but it's some weird stuff chord-wise to be doing in popular music at all.

Right, they were just more about feeling their way through the process of making art while Da Vinci was about technical mastery (which does admittedly encapsulate more than musical theory knowledge when it comes to music).

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

comes along bort posted:

that mostly came from george rr martin who taught them a few tin pan alley songwriting tricks

I forgot about that guy. He was pretty great, RIP

• Locked thread