Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

yeah i seen a ufo but i already posted about it in that other thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

saw a dead horse skeleton in the bottom of an empty pool at a derelict house once too

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

death sext posted:

Yeah, the usual explanations are swamp gas or a weird reflection of car headlights. The latter is possible because that's more common on a back road, especially if there are curves, but I don't know. I'm not a scientist.

Well except it was flying across the middle of the sky, over my head.

I personally think it was a satellite that was somehow reflecting sunlight down to me or something.... I dunno. I went home and found the website that lists satellites and where they are and couldn't find one that was suppose to be traversing the sky at my location at that time though.

Maybe a meteor?

I also considered it was a space shuttle or whatever the astronauts fly in these days reentering the atmosphere??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Oh, I misread it as through the trees and not over the trees because I'm an idiot. satellite sounds plausible, you could probably look up if a meteor was meant to be in your area at that time.

I think your only recourse is to go back with a camera every single night to find it again

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

farts are the ghosts of doritos coming out ur butt weird doritos aren't humans why woudl they have ghosts

well then i guess i've got two things 2 tell u

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

theres a dilapidated rail line that runs between those same towns, nestled back in those same woods. well walking that away we've saw someone in the far distance walking towards us during dusk, wearing somethng whiteish.

well we stop and wait because not a lot of people will walk the line on account of the gently caress off rickety bridge somewhere along the way so we figured we'd smoke a cig and see if this is maybe someone we know which wouldn't be out of the question. well we wait a minute and after this distant figure has been very very slowly trudging towards us during that time, we see them stop, seemingly staring at us for a good long while. then they turn, and im going to describe this as best i can, just sort of walk/phase into the thick rear end woods to their right.

we kind of wonder what the poo poo so we warily head up the way, not sure if this might be a vagrant or something, and the spot they walked into was literally impassable. a solid wall of bushes and brush and tightly packed trees I doubt a deer could get through.

did this happen up near Potsdam by any chance?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Thats Islam not ghosts.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitsunegari posted:

I want to believe

Believe in this *gives u a gay kiss*

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

that video led me to this video, which is a cool effect for a ghost I never seen before even if it isn't real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ej0m5ZTQpI&t=411s

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

Believe in this *gives u a gay kiss*

it's me I'm a gay ghost

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
my dad died but he keeps yelling at me

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

flerp posted:

my dad died but he keeps yelling at me

Stop being such a gently caress-up and he can move on.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
stay poor safe ghost.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Do we have any confirmation on the safety of poverty ghost?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Booblord Zagats posted:

Do we have any confirmation on the safety of poverty ghost?

The gaps in this country's social safety net are quite wide so probably not very safe.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Stay safe poverty ghost.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Who would win in a fight. Mothman or Jersey Devil.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hihohe posted:

Whichever has poverty ghost on his side

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Hihohe posted:

jersey devil, forsure

im ean look at this mufucka

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I saw ghost once. Was p spooky

Gonna wait til I'm on a pc to type up the story

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Okay. How about Pope lick monster vs A couple of mongolian death worms. Pope lick has home lake advantage.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Moth man could conceivably fly his rear end up in the sky and drop thing on the jersey devil, for instance a bunch of hammers or perhaps a single large hammer.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Swamp Thing is king of the cryptids and has the soul of a poet.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PinkoBastard posted:

Moth man could conceivably fly his rear end up in the sky and drop thing on the jersey devil, for instance a bunch of hammers or perhaps a single large hammer.

Typical Mothman propaganda bullshit. Everyone knows that 1)the J Devil can fly too and B) he is hammer proof

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

Typical Mothman propaganda bullshit. Everyone knows that 1)the J Devil can fly too and B) he is hammer proof

I always think about this picture when J-Dev pops up and I'm sorry, but he looks like he'd be pretty awkward and lovely at mid-flight combat. He's like a penguin.

naem
May 29, 2011

Who's your FACVOROITE ghostbutter

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

Who's your FACVOROITE ghostbutter

Milo-no wait Saxon. I cant BELIEVE i've messed this up :shameful:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i see UFOs all the time here
UFO still stands for Urkel-lookin Fuckers get Owned right?

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PinkoBastard posted:

I always think about this picture when J-Dev pops up and I'm sorry, but he looks like he'd be pretty awkward and lovely at mid-flight combat. He's like a penguin.

lol nice shoes, J. did your mom pick those out for you

anyway mothman is built as gently caress + has a little Zangief thing going on

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

PinkoBastard posted:

He's built like a pug: ten-gallon head and no rear end. Pretty sure he'd have to fly upside down, as he has no ballast.

If we're fighting cryptids like Pokémon, shouldn't we include El Chupacabra?

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

a messed up horse posted:

lol nice shoes, J. did your mom pick those out for you

anyway mothman is built as gently caress + has a little Zangief thing going on

and he's real mad cuz he's got no junk

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

death sext posted:

and he's real mad cuz he's got no junk

Yeah his bare bold crotch is actually the source of his power and it flashes red when his health gets low.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Looks like he could give you a fingering you wouldn't soon forget.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PinkoBastard posted:

Real.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

That new Godzilla vs Mecha-Mothra movie lookin pretty tight.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

she's offended by his boner

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I saw a UFO once, but then I identified it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I saw a UFO once, but then I identified it.

Unidentified Flying Object becomes Unbelievably Fat Object as Dinosaurmageddon spots his mom.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
It was a huge discus-shaped quadcopter drone with a glaring blue&red LED strip curving around the shell. It hovered and flew over the 101 freeway in Los Angeles before sunset on Christmas Eve, 2015.

It caused an accident and drew police to the scene as they tried to find the person controlling it. Pretty surreal to see a drone that big while on the road but I guess we'll get used to that kinda sight in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014
stay safe poverty ghost

• Locked thread