Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

keykey posted:

We were watching last night and my wife wanted to pre-order. I want to wait to see if self driving is an option. If so, hitting the order button. We were waiting to see if that or the bolt was optioned better. The model 3 looks better than the bolt... But still waiting to hear about available options, don't wanna drink the juice too early.
AP hardware (and safety stuff, so emergency braking, lane keeping, etc) is standard, actually using AP will be an option.

keykey posted:

It wasn't talked about as a standard last night. Also, Musk is an absolutely terrible public speaker. His presence was cringeworthy.
It was a big 'ole bullet point when he was going through the major features before the design was shown.

And while he's a pretty bad public speaker, he did fine once he settled in a bit.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So I should be able to buy a powered 2.1 system to plug into the inverter in my work van and then cut the speakers off and splice some car 6x9's into them so they can mount in the rear doors right?

Well aside from the speakers that come with the 2.1 system likely being 8 or 16 ohm, and the majority of car speakers being 4 ohm.... so you'd fry the amp in a hurry. Plus doing dc -> ac -> dc wastes a ton of power and the inverter will probably run down the van battery in a hurry.

Why not just get some super low end head unit, throw it into some kind of box with a couple of speakers mounted to it, and put a power cord on it that can plug into the van's power socket (just don't mix up + and -)? Pioneer usually has a poo poo-tier head unit that comes with speakers for well under $100 at Walmart. You could even toss a tiny SLA battery in it for memory power.

Something like this:

Or since you're just going to be feeding it music from your phone, get a decent Bluetooth speaker? There's a lot of Bluetooth speakers that are even splashproof :haw:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 1, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

Well aside from the speakers that come with the 2.1 system likely being 8 or 16 ohm, and the majority of car speakers being 4 ohm.... so you'd fry the amp in a hurry. Plus doing dc -> ac -> dc wastes a ton of power and the inverter will probably run down the van battery in a hurry.

Why not just get some super low end head unit, throw it into some kind of box with a couple of speakers mounted to it, and put a power cord on it that can plug into the van's power socket? Pioneer usually has a poo poo-tier head unit that comes with speakers for well under $100 at Walmart. You could even toss a tiny SLA battery in it for memory power.

Something like this:

Or since you're just going to be feeding it music from your phone, get a decent Bluetooth speaker?

Truckers that are in different cabs day-to-day use similar setups. No real down side, other than size. I think a bluetooth speaker does the same thing with less of a size commitment.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Probably going to get a model 3 eventually, but I have a friend who put down a deposit so I'll be able to try it out before making a decision.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Enourmo posted:

Oh shut up, how'd you like if your manager said you were getting a raise then went April fools

my gpa is literally all I have right now and gently caress it I'm not explaining this to piss master

So how are your roommates today?

Yeah I am just going to go with a bluetooth speaker. I found some 8ohm 6.5" speakers but gently caress it. Too much of a hassle.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

gently caress off

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
The caps really cements the maturity.

e: irony

fingerling fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 2, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So how are your roommates today?

Enourmo posted:

gently caress off

You two are so cute. :swoon:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Hey at least I actually fixed my problems after bitching about them non-stop. :shrug:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hey at least I actually fixed my problems after bitching about them non-stop. :shrug:

Some people have problems approaching social situations. Especially tense ones. I know. I've been married to one of those people for ten years.
But considering you basically mocked him for being a hermit, you don't have much ground to stand on.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You know what? You're right. I've been going about this all wrong. Tonight I'm gonna pull every last cent of financial aid money out of my checking account, use it to buy weed, and just smoke and toke until I pass out. I will also hang out with these random junkies who keep trying to sell me their consoles and/or gasoline that may or may not have been stolen; surely this will have no bad consequences. gently caress even trying to finish my degree, I'll just go back to being a pothead in the name of community and socializing!

E: Thank you, kind and good forums poster Super Aggro Crag, for teaching my your wise ways; i have now seen the light, and shall endeavor to spread your great gospel to all the world!

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 1, 2016

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ilkhan posted:

It was a big 'ole bullet point when he was going through the major features before the design was shown.

I probably just missed the bullet point since I was also eating dinner while watching and was honestly watching how awkward Musk was in his presentation thinking he should have got a presenter or really anybody besides himself with how much he stuttered and said "um." In any case, it shows as a feature on their site too: https://www.teslamotors.com/model3

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

CommieGIR posted:

Some people have problems approaching social situations. Especially tense ones. I know. I've been married to one of those people for ten years.
But considering you basically mocked him for being a hermit, you don't have much ground to stand on.

Hermits don't generally bother everyone with their hermitness. That's why they're hermits.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Enourmo is just trying to graduate. That's not something he can do by not smoking for a month after loving up at not smoking a whole bunch. Engineering school is a gigantic pain in the dick.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

Hermits don't generally bother everyone with their hermitness. That's why they're hermits.

.....did you even read what enourmo wrote? It wasn't him being the bother. It was the dickhead partying roommates.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 1, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

For the record they've been blissfully absent the last couple days, it's the first time I've felt comfortable in months (over spring break I was just hyper-depressed so I couldn't enjoy the solitude I had).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Change the locks

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

InitialDave posted:

Change the locks

Idk how it works over there but here that's extremely frowned upon at rental properties.

In any case aside from some plates and silverware everything here I own is in my bedroom, which has its own key.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Enourmo posted:

Idk how it works over there but here that's extremely frowned upon at rental properties.
So's slapping someone about because their insistence on making GBS threads on your collective doorstep with their borderline-incompetent amateur drug dealing is affecting your academic performance, but you won't hear us complaining if you do that either.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have to take my DOT for work soon and diabetes is my biggest fear. I am so nervous and will probably cry like a bitch of it comes back that I have it.

Please do something proactively about your almost certain diabetes...we already have one diabetic who won't shut up about it in here. (love you, STR :v:)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

InitialDave posted:

So's slapping someone about because their insistence on making GBS threads on your collective doorstep with their borderline-incompetent amateur drug dealing is affecting your academic performance, but you won't hear us complaining if you do that either.

I'm too much of a pacifist/coward to ever do that. Which normally I'm proud of but in this case...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

AI Chat Thread: Incrementally adding more people to my ignore list

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dang what a cool thing to type.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Larrymer posted:

Bleeding edge here.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hey come on, if my terrible posting offends Larrymer's sensibilities that badly, blocking me is the right thing to do.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Everybody take a step back. I recommend everybody refrain from posting for eight hours or something, to gather your thoughts.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Started my new job today. Holy fuckballs it's going to be awesome! These people don't skimp on hardware, that's for sure, and the gigabit internet connection sure is nice. Also, they do things RIGHT! Even the tests have tests.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

"[img posted:

http://i.imgur.com/0VJb501.jpg[/img]" post="458156227"]

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

The Midniter posted:

Please do something proactively about your almost certain diabetes...we already have one diabetic who won't shut up about it in here. (love you, STR :v:)

I never said that it is for certain. I said it is a fear I have. Much like spiders. Once again putting words in my mouth. Typical goons.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Typical goons.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I got probated like 15 times you goony chodes.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Goons gonna goon.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Jesus Christ. loving goons, I swear.
What are all these goons doing on my internet forum! :argh:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
^^^

CommieGIR posted:

.....did you even read what enourmo wrote? It wasn't him being the bother. It was the dickhead partying roommates.

I meant him posting here :v: and mostly was insinuating that hermit might be a bit too extreme of a descriptor, hah

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 1, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I took today off in recognition of 1 year at this job and passing back under civil service protection which basically means I have a job unless I commit a felony. (Also a 5% raise).
I went for a bike ride with a friend and am going to the bay tonight to visit my brother and watch the A's lose.

Life is pretty good beyond being an A's fan. Cheer up emo kids.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Adiabatic will confirm this is me tomorrow at goonbrunch. Now he'll know who to look for.

Excuse me for getting tired of the constant whining and pissing contests going on between those two. I'm a crotchety old man with low tolerance for poo poo like that.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Larrymer posted:

Adiabatic will confirm this is me tomorrow at goonbrunch. Now he'll know who to look for.

Excuse me for getting tired of the constant whining and pissing contests going on between those two. I'm a crotchety old man with low tolerance for poo poo like that.

You need to lighten up.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Did anyone elses craigslist just get really ugly?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Yep. Looks like they're aping Google. April fools?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I hope so, though it was like it always was a few hours ago.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

To be fair, though, Craigslist has always been an eyesore. Maybe it's an honest redesign!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just like to browse the most recent cars put up for sale and this makes it take a few more clicks. :argh:

It was always ugly but easy to browse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

corn in the fridge posted:

You need to lighten up.

Yeah, try beer.
Beer is loving good. Drinking a toucan right now and it's really suprising me.

• Locked thread