Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

counterfeitsaint posted:

They were all shot in the head.

That seems like reaching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trabant posted:

That was a hemophilia joke, right?

Cheryl's "He's Jewish? EWW!" line was out there.

But it was the prince of Russia who had hemophilia, the princesses did not.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Wikipedia says one of the princesses might've been a carrier, but given the rarity of having both X chromosomes with the bad genes probably means she didn't have it fully expressed. So they either got the genetics wrong, or they were going for the "shot by bolsheviks" reference, which... eh.

Archer, the show that makes me read about the finer points of hemophilia.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
J.G. Thirlwell is doing the music now. If you watch The Venture Bros., which every Archer fan should, you would already be familiar with his excellent score music for that show.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I thought the hemophilia joke was good enough, but if we really wanna dig here there's also the issue of Archer's KGB ex-girlfriend.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trabant posted:

Cheryl's "He's Jewish? EWW!" line was out there.
You really can't say poo poo like that....

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Trabant posted:

Wikipedia says one of the princesses might've been a carrier, but given the rarity of having both X chromosomes with the bad genes probably means she didn't have it fully expressed. So they either got the genetics wrong, or they were going for the "shot by bolsheviks" reference, which... eh.

Archer, the show that makes me read about the finer points of hemophilia.

Alexei was the most well-known of the hemophiliacs though, because of Rasputin. They've had references to somewhat obscure historical stuff (such as lesser-known CIA ops, etc) so I choose to think there was another layer to the joke that I'm not quite sure of.

It's a great joke in any case though

grading essays nude fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 2, 2016

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Was that JK Simmons voicing the detective at the beginning?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

Yes

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

A MIRACLE posted:

And Keegan-Michael Key, yeah.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought that almost all the royals in Europe had hemophilia thanks to Victoria and her many daughters. Now having looked it up in an attempt to not look stupid on the internet, I know that only 3 out of her 9 kids had it, and a handful of grandkids, including the Russian price but not necessarily his sisters.

Man, Archer is educational as hell, look at all this poo poo the thread has learned.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Really? You guys are going with hemophilia instead of the glaringly obvious murder of the Romanovs?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I was all 'IDGI' so I'll take whatever explanation(s) we can work out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

sky shark posted:

Really? You guys are going with hemophilia instead of the glaringly obvious murder of the Romanovs?

The hemophilia is also glaringly obvious.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Thats why I said it was both! We can all be winners here!

Except for the Romanov family I suppose. And ultimately Russia.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

How many other shows on TV right now have fan arguments over obscure and semi-obscure references? None, that's how many. God bless Archer.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Y-Hat posted:

How many other shows on TV right now have fan arguments over obscure and semi-obscure references? None, that's how many. God bless Archer.

You should hang out in the Venture Bros. thread some time. Hell, why not now? We just finished with Season 6, and Season 7 is no more than 2 years away!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I appreciated the scene where one of the characters made an innuendo, and the rest of them looked over at Archer only to get "No, sorry, you took it for granted".

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I appreciated the scene where one of the characters made an innuendo, and the rest of them looked over at Archer only to get "No, sorry, you took it for granted".

That's a bit that's going to see a lot of play this season, I bet.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

That's a bit that's going to see a lot of play this season, I bet.

I loved the bit right before it (going from memory so the exact words may be wrong):

"I call them..."
"Wait! I've got something--"
"Hush Puppies!"
"... yeah, that's better"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

criscodisco posted:

Yeah people always seem to forget that, like if you get a cyborg arm suddenly you can start throwing cars around. It's all thousands of pounds on joints that aren't cyborged.

Reminds me of the scene from Global Frequency where an ex-CIA operative talks about her cyborg arm and mentions that you need modifications all across you back and the entirety of your spine or, the first time you try to lift something, you'll either tear your arm out of it's socket or rip your torso in half.

EDIT: Here we go, found it:

Full body cyborg has gone rogue and a Global Frequency team is heading into a secure facility to make sure he never leaves.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 3, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gorilla Salad posted:

Reminds me of the scene from Global Frequency where an ex-CIA operative talks about her cyborg arm and mentions that you need modifications all across you back and the entirety of your spine or, the first time you try to lift something, you'll either tear your arm out of it's socket or rip your torso in half.

There's also a passage in one of the Culture novels where a guy talks about how a lot of non-Culture people get illegal body modifications that resemble Culture ones but don't see the important stuff: the example being men getting enhanced penises and then forgetting you need an enhanced blood supply and such to make those work, only to die having sex because of it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Gorilla Salad posted:

EDIT: Here we go, found it:

Full body cyborg has gone rogue and a Global Frequency team is heading into a secure facility to make sure he never leaves.

Could be worse, it could require the brain of one of your loved ones to function.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

flosofl posted:

I loved the bit right before it (going from memory so the exact words may be wrong):

"I call them..."
"Wait! I've got something--"
"Hush Puppies!"
"... yeah, that's better"

Basically a callback to stir-Friday.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Basically a callback to stir-Friday.

That's the origin of it, but they've been doing those jokes for the whole series, like Rabbert Klein.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

criscodisco posted:

Yeah people always seem to forget that, like if you get a cyborg arm suddenly you can start throwing cars around. It's all thousands of pounds on joints that aren't cyborged.

On the other hand, at least they don't forget it's a cartoon.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tarlibone posted:

You should hang out in the Venture Bros. thread some time. Hell, why not now? We just finished with Season 6, and Season 7 is no more than 2 years away!
My apologies for forgetting that one, especially since I saw that season and am anticipating whenever the next one is.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's the origin of it, but they've been doing those jokes for the whole series, like Rabbert Klein.
Was this the first instance of Archer being outpunned?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Conway out punned him a bunch

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

Was this the first instance of Archer being outpunned?
Pam beat him to the punch multiple times in the Saudi-expys episode in season 6.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

EwokEntourage posted:

Conway out punned him a bunch

He's good at those.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

taqueso posted:

He's good at those.

Well, crawl over there and blow him.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Carlosologist posted:

"I took a bunch of painkillers at the office"
"Why?"
"Because someone left them out, Lana!"

Quoting this because it was IMO the best quote of the episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Azhais posted:

Especially when we all know that that's obviously a Krieger made clone. Like everyone this season.

Oh, I figured it was going to be the one flunky from the house they robbed this episode that looked almost identical to Sterling.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Finally got around to checking out the new episode. I think I enjoyed it more than the previous two seasons.

"...Pam's my ride home."

Also, I agree about the ex-husband's thug being likely being the murder victim

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

X_Toad posted:

Pam beat him to the punch multiple times in the Saudi-expys episode in season 6.

Pam out puns him a bunch, "moaning Lisa" and "R2-double D2" are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Pam out puns him a bunch, "moaning Lisa" and "R2-double D2" are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Also in the episode where she almost dies because she can't stop eating crab (that she's allergic to) she slaps Archer around a bit after being revived because she's so mad at how subpar one of his puns was.

E: was actually soy shrimp and she was mad the best name he could come up with for his modified Hairy Navel was "Horatio Cornblower"

grading essays nude fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 5, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My dad watched it with me and it was his first ever episode.

-Camera shows Sterling* in the pool-

Me: "... Huh."
Dad: "What?"

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Mike Du-cockless.

grading essays nude posted:

Also in the episode where she almost dies because she can't stop eating crab (that she's allergic to) she slaps Archer around a bit after being revived because she's so mad at how subpar one of his puns was.

While I'm sure she didn't like his pun, I'm pretty sure she slapped him around for trying to give her a switchblade tracheotomy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dragonrah posted:

While I'm sure she didn't like his pun, I'm pretty sure she slapped him around for trying to give her a switchblade tracheotomy.

I think she slapped him for both of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan

Dragonrah posted:

Mike Du-cockless.

Bit of both.

• Locked thread