Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah, I'd still be happy to join!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey IAC you doing ok?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Im dropping to work out some stuff and things. Commie you should call it and get your stuff and things together too.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Are you OK Jamez?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Out of the hospital and back to updating. Apologies all.

You can come back if you're around Jamez. Sorry about my absence!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Welcome back! Hope everything went well with the health stuff.

Just wanted to hash out some limits for my bug brains. I was definitely going for more of a sneaky group of subverted agents spreading diplomatic and sabotage-based chaos than a full on zerg invasion when I planned the character and I had some ideas on how to keep closer to that idea. Puppetting a sentient with direct neuro-stimulation and behavior modelling has got to be pretty drat processing intensive. And more bugs = more brainpower probably has some sort of diminishing returns. So I figure there's probably a soft limit on the number of meat puppets I can drive around. Depending on station population I'm probably sitting pretty close to it now. Of course there are ways to conserve brainpower but I like the idea of something to keep me from just propagating endlessly with brute force infection. That's what the bioweapons are for!

Of course once I start upgrading [Telepathically Distributed Intelligence] all bets are off and I'll eventually work my way up to a star empire spanning terror that we all know I can be.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Not Alex posted:

Welcome back! Hope everything went well with the health stuff.

Just wanted to hash out some limits for my bug brains. I was definitely going for more of a sneaky group of subverted agents spreading diplomatic and sabotage-based chaos than a full on zerg invasion when I planned the character and I had some ideas on how to keep closer to that idea. Puppetting a sentient with direct neuro-stimulation and behavior modelling has got to be pretty drat processing intensive. And more bugs = more brainpower probably has some sort of diminishing returns. So I figure there's probably a soft limit on the number of meat puppets I can drive around. Depending on station population I'm probably sitting pretty close to it now. Of course there are ways to conserve brainpower but I like the idea of something to keep me from just propagating endlessly with brute force infection. That's what the bioweapons are for!

Of course once I start upgrading [Telepathically Distributed Intelligence] all bets are off and I'll eventually work my way up to a star empire spanning terror that we all know I can be.

Its well within the bounds for the meat puppets to have a continent or two on the world below before there are diminishing returns. Delivering the world can net you devourer favor which of course means upgrades!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Ah, cool. Unfortunately my free time is way down with the start of school. Should I officially pull out or just post when I can? It'll be pretty sporadic. I especially don't want you delaying updates for other people while waiting for me.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 19, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Can I drop the comatose kaiju back on the planet or onto a nearby moon/asteroid to get the lifeforce back for nom nom?

I'm just trying to be my first new +2 power and also get my deposit back from space Amazon.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Not Alex, the rate of updates isn't blistering but if life is pulling you out I understand.

Ronwayne, you can drop them to max it out but you don't have to unless your character wants to. You'd be the first one to drop a non-aggressive planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Options:

-Can I keep one and get the full +12?

-If I keep them all, how do we measure the destructive power/selling power of these things for future use? Its the galaxy's most epic pokemon vendor.

• Locked thread