Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Interest post, writing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

LLSix posted:

If it wasn't for the very fancy hotrod the Devourer granted him he wouldn't even be able to travel from planet to planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KXgFpguE0#t=21s

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 8, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Post incoming after work today, hopefully.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora of Underhaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyj8j8Yaeeg

War orphan, child soldier, pillager, and thief, Ivadora was born amid the raging battles that split apart the ruins of her home city. By age 5, she was sharpening tools for her adopted mother's field hospital. At age 14, she killed her first person, a forager from one of the mercenary companies came too close to the catacomb her “village” lived in. She can still hear the crunch his body made as she pulled the lever, causing the centuries-old stone doors to smash him in half. From there it was foraging and helping her mother peddle her trade on the surface before fleeing to the underground.

As she grew older the forays grew more violent. Reaching the surface at night, her and the others fell upon small bands of invaders and their camp followers and tore them to pieces, quickly looting the bodies before fleeing reinforcements. Perhaps she and her cohorts got too good, or too sloppy, because the following truce and alliance between the surfacer armies to cleanse the underworld filth was sudden as it was violent. One by one, the little settlements of scavengers, always suspicious of each other and unwilling to cooperate, were wiped out.

Ivadora didn't notice when the stars went out, the Divine energy of the world recycling itself into new hosts, as she was trapped underground fighting for her life and all, but she felt the change. Watching helplessly from a small tunnel as yet another neighboring thorp was besieged, the overwhelming disgust, fear, and hatred of being alone and helpless was replaced by a burning sensation of rage and duty. The next few hours were a blur, moving from tomb to tomb, mobilizing the natives against the threat. The next few months saw the retaking of her home city and a march on the rest of the world.

Other terrors, similarly empowered by the cycling of the Starfall, began to reshape the world in their image, and a long, bloody confrontation was waged to ensure something resembling humanity would have a place in it. At great cost, Ivadora and her followers carved out a slice of sanity from the chaos. Refusing to take up leadership of the world due to a crushing paranoia and introversion, Ivadora had since settled down to a busy semi-retirement of wandering the world and brutally murdering whatever monster, human or beast, threatened the populace. Being selected by the Devourer is a string of mixed emotions. One, she's forced to leave her home, on the other, there's an entire universe full of assholes to stab between the eyes.

[Heroism +2]: Ivadora has killed a LOT of people, seen many more die, and now has inspired others to do the same so the killing can finally stop. The Devourer's power has leant her the ability to lead or inspire just about any sapient being, or kick its rear end if needs be.

[Implacable +2]: Ivadora has killed a LOT of people, many of whom thought she was dead after being stabbed and shot only a dozen odd times. The infusion of cosmic power has amplified this to a frightening degree. Nowadays, something that could permanently break her body or will is theoretically possible, but she hasn't met it yet.

[Metal and Meat +2]: Ivadora has killed a LOT of people, some of those were on her operating table. Oops. Her mastery of surgery in even the worst conditions is matched only by her affinity for field engineering and weaponry. She's never seen a plasma blaster before, but its probably going to be vaporizing someone's face seconds after she gets ahold of it. If the pile of amputated hands that formed after each battle behind her mother's tent could applaud, they would. Also helpful for growing missing parts of you back.

[Unhinged and Traumatized -2]: Ivadora has killed a LOT of people and several centuries of untreated, cumulative mental traumas have not left her the most lucid or stable of individuals, even if her heart is in the right place.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 23, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"I suppose the answer of "defiantly carve up its pretty face so even when it kills me, it will live to regret picking that particular fight" is somewhat too straight-forward here. I retreat, regroup, plan. Find its weaknesses, act on them. If it was that much smarter than me it already would've ganked me when it had the chance. Sometimes you only get seconds, but that can be enough to turn the tables in your favor."

(and yeah, PTSD combined with some other issues like schizophrenia and whatnot. Trust me, like you said, triggers will not be in short supply.)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 13, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Man, all these mind readers. I'm not sure how I'd access mind lore, beyond like, some kind of fork and knife situation.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Hey IAC you doing ok?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Can I drop the comatose kaiju back on the planet or onto a nearby moon/asteroid to get the lifeforce back for nom nom?

I'm just trying to be my first new +2 power and also get my deposit back from space Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Options:

-Can I keep one and get the full +12?

-If I keep them all, how do we measure the destructive power/selling power of these things for future use? Its the galaxy's most epic pokemon vendor.

• Locked thread