Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Lord of the Llamas posted:

You're atrocious. Definitely the median Brit.

Now that's just mean.

Edit: 154 is the sum of the first six factorials.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Prince John posted:

Thanks for posting this! It's surprisingly funny given I'm only reading subtitles. My blessings!

you should watch the recent vice video of headcam footage of ISIS fighting. it turns out 4 lions was a documentary

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Prince John posted:

Now that's just mean.

What a skewed interpretation.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

If pissflaps did not exist, it would be necessary for the thread to invent him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Edit: 153 is the sum of the first five factorials.

Prince John posted:

Edit: 154 is the sum of the first six factorials.

where-to-begin-the-natural-numbers flamewar incoming

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Angepain posted:

Haha, well spotted.

If I had done a thorough job of copying wikipedia, I would have added

quote:

if one starts with 0! and assumes that 0!=1.
:)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

you should watch the recent vice video of headcam footage of ISIS fighting. it turns out 4 lions was a documentary

Do you have a link?

E: also isn't using a gopro to livestream your jihad haraam?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Angepain posted:

I'm strictly non-negative :colbert:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Jose posted:

Pissflaps is our own Abu Hajaar

Not in like a jihad type way though ghcq though you never know lads

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

OwlFancier posted:

Do you have a link?

E: also isn't using a gopro to livestream your jihad haraam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:stare: did that guy just fire an RPG with the back pointing into the cabin?

E: holy poo poo the burqamobile is amazing, they welded 2 tonnes of steel onto a toyota.

E: oh my god they're making pipe bomb rifle grenades.

E: WHY IS THAT GUY JUST ROLLING SIDEWAYS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY?

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 30, 2016

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Angepain posted:

There are 2 kinds of people in the world: 1) Those who number their arrays starting with one and 1) Those who number their arrays starting with zero.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

E: holy poo poo the burqamobile is amazing, they welded 2 tonnes of steel onto a toyota.

its some top comedy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel bad for laughing but it looks like someone tried to LARP my average game of ARMA3.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

E: holy poo poo the burqamobile is amazing.
They do poo poo like that all the time.

It's almost as if they're fanatics with the bare minimum of training or something.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

OwlFancier posted:

E: oh my god they're making pipe bomb rifle grenades.

They learned from Abu Hajaar, best ISIS tactician.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

When I was at university, an older mate of my housemate took me aside all fatherly-like and told me "you want to look out for them" - nodding towards my stereotypically Jewish-looking study partner - "they look after their own". Joke's on him, I'm Jewish too!

Islamophobia is more prevalent at the moment for obvious reasons, and it takes more obvious forms ("loving Muslims coming over here raping our girls", etc) but antisemitism is arguably more insidious because it's just so entrenched and accepted. Ask most people what they know about Jews and you'll hear how they're very good at business, careful with money, etc, which people will tell you are compliments but are actually just modern palatable versions of centuries-old Jewish stereotypes - Jews take over all the businesses, Jews run the media, Jews are stingy, Jews only help themselves or each other and so on.

There has never not been a time in the UK where Antimuslimism wasn't an issue.

If you want to talk insidious, you'll have more trouble with Abdullah or Farooq on your CV than Benjamin or David.

If you're a white Muslim, like I am, you can see just how insidious it is, because people don't assume you're Muslim. Eg paintballing in Birmingham being casually told that a lot of Muslims just aren't team players like 'us'. You see assumptions that Muslims are violent. That they are poorly educated. That they don't wash and are dirty. That Islam is foreign and not British.

What made this most prevalent for me is when the entire family of a Jewish friend of mine from school (originally from Iraq) changed their name to sound more Jewish because of the racism they faced with a Muslim name.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Chucklevision: Jihad edition

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

LemonDrizzle posted:

Chucklevision: Jihad edition

Sounds like a blast.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

OwlFancier posted:

What's even more funny is that the same guy rushes back to the car to get something while firing franticly.

Ddraig posted:

They learned from Abu Hajaar, best ISIS tactician.

Abu Abdullah isn't that far off either, considering he almost blew up the car he was in with the RPG twice, had trouble putting in defective grenades in a madeshift mortar launcher and started complaing about bullet casings hitting him while being shot at.

And ironically. The person who semmed the most competent and commanded the group was killed at the end.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I feel bad for laughing but it looks like someone tried to LARP my average game of ARMA3.

its really funny so its fine to laugh at

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
This is interesting:

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/726511661167874048

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
wales i thought you were cool

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

For the record the last two polls in NI I've seen had 56% Remain to 18% Leave (in a Danske Bank commissioned poll) and another (a LucidTalk one that uses a pre-selected panel) had it 60% Remain to 33% Leave with with 7% undecided

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

It'd be hilarious if Scotland and NI drag the vote towards remain. Looking forward to UKIP throwing a poo poo-fit and advocating Scottish independence and Irish reunification.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Angepain posted:

wales i thought you were cool

People seem to forget about the UKIP vote rising in Wales. Plaid Cymru haven't got the same poo poo eating PR and motivation that the SNP have.

cargohills posted:

It'd be hilarious if Scotland and NI drag the vote towards remain. Looking forward to UKIP throwing a poo poo-fit and advocating Scottish independence and Irish reunification.

Northern Ireland being the most Pro-EU is preety funny to me compared to Wales being somehow even more Anti-EU then England.

You think it would be the other way around what with how backwards NI is and how Wales relys on EU support funding.

Scotland dosen't surprise me. I expect more anti-british/english resentment if it went towards a EU-exit and vice versa for England/Wales towards Scotland.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

its really funny so its fine to laugh at

It's not really fine because it's three poor bastards getting killed because they have no idea what they're doing.

But I don't know how else to react to it.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Extreme0 posted:

People seem to forget about the UKIP vote rising in Wales. Plaid Cymru haven't got the same poo poo eating PR and motivation that the SNP have.

Northern Ireland being the most Pro-EU is preety funny to me compared to Wales being somehow even more Anti-EU then England.

You think it would be the other way around what with how backwards NI is and how Wales relys on EU support funding.

Scotland dosen't surprise me. I expect more anti-british/english resentment if it went towards a EU-exit and vice versa for England/Wales towards Scotland.

NI also relies heavily on EU support funding, although it is pretty surprising to see Wales supporting Leave. Do many other polls show Wales supporting Leave as well?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Extreme0 posted:

What's even more funny is that the same guy rushes back to the car to get something while firing franticly.

Abu Abdullah isn't that far off either, considering he almost blew up the car he was in with the RPG twice, had trouble putting in defective grenades in a madeshift mortar launcher and started complaing about bullet casings hitting him while being shot at.

And ironically. The person who semmed the most competent and commanded the group was killed at the end.

First it was casings. Then it was actual bullets. Abu Hajaar just did not know how to handle that weapon. A pretty good breakdown of what exactly happened in that vid, and the surrounding context.

quote:

In the theme of the 16th of December clearly not being Abu Hajaar's day, he almost gets hit by Abu Ridhwan's rifle grenade as he fires it towards the Peshmerga.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Happy May Day. New thread is here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774209

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It's not really fine because it's three poor bastards getting killed because they have no idea what they're doing.

But I don't know how else to react to it.

they know exactly what they're doing they're just bad at it

• Locked thread