Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Jst0rm posted:

Well the local police department will kill people for loving with them so Im pretty sure they dont give a gently caress about ruining this guys life.

That got dark. I was just making jon jokes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DigitalMocking posted:

3 weeks before kensei and I fly out to see this fight.

Anyone keeping odds on the over/under of jones being back in jail before that date?

The over/under on number of Jon Jones' that will fight at UFC 197 is 0.5

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I was hoping for UFC April - Black Dodge Charger vs. Black Charge Dodger but alas it was not to be :(

Same, can someone explain the joke we actually ended up with? :downs:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

That got dark. I was just making jon jokes. :(

it is dark. They will probably keep pulling him over until he is ruined. Thats why I said earlier he needs to gtfo of there.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Kekekela posted:

Same, can someone explain the joke we actually ended up with? :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZvCgSmV9JA

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lone Goat posted:

The over/under on number of Jon Jones' that will fight at UFC 197 is 0.5

Under

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

So besides taking a more measured approach, what does Conor do differently to beat Diaz in the rematch?

It seems like throwing fewer shots with less speed and power on them would make it an easier fight for Nate. Does Conor focus on body shots? Rewatching the fight, that very hard hook he lands in round 2 looks like the shot that hurt Nate the most.

Anything can happen, but it's tough to see Conor pulling out the win.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mix up his combos better, leg kicks, body kicks and punches, practice takedown defense more than usual and scrambling back to his feet if he does touch the mat. He also needs to accept that a knockout isn't especially likely for him a welter and that winning on points is possibly the best outcome to aim for.

Conor can still win, just like he could going in in the first fight, it's going to be harder for him against a Diaz with 3 months of training and working on a gameplan tailor made to beat Conor and the knowledge that he can take Conor's punches and slice through his ground game like butter.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'll be worried if Conor isn't doing a ton of cardio training for this fight. Even if he goes lighter on the combos so as to not tire himself out I can't see him lasting well into a 5 round fight.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:yikes:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
He said Friday, “It was a lucky shot [McGregor] connected. It’s his merit that it connected. But that shot was like one of those comets that comes around every 1,000 years. He’s not going to be able to do that again.”

fight was not a fight; was actually a rare astronomical event

mewse
May 2, 2006

All respect to my opponent, but his punch was actually a comet that comes around every thousand years

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mix up his combos better, leg kicks, body kicks and punches, practice takedown defense more than usual and scrambling back to his feet if he does touch the mat. He also needs to accept that a knockout isn't especially likely for him a welter and that winning on points is possibly the best outcome to aim for.

Conor can still win, just like he could going in in the first fight, it's going to be harder for him against a Diaz with 3 months of training and working on a gameplan tailor made to beat Conor and the knowledge that he can take Conor's punches and slice through his ground game like butter.

Conor was having great success kicking Diaz in that leading leg. He needs to continue that. The lead leg becomes like a brick and limits ring control as the fight goes on.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

I'll be worried if Conor isn't doing a ton of cardio training for this fight. Even if he goes lighter on the combos so as to not tire himself out I can't see him lasting well into a 5 round fight.

Like people brought up on the days after "being inefficient with moi energy" and "getting punched in the face hard, often by Nate Diaz" are directly linked so all the cardio work in the world may not help him too much because the latter's probably going to happen again.

It's not like he's out cardio'ing Diaz either.

Dead Snoopy posted:

Conor was having great success kicking Diaz in that leading leg. He needs to continue that. The lead leg becomes like a brick and limits ring control as the fight goes on.
Yeah, he abandoned that during the fight and I'm not sure why, other than perhaps an adjustment Diaz made that made it not viable.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah, he abandoned that during the fight and I'm not sure why, other than perhaps an adjustment Diaz made that made it not viable.

I'm not 100% but I think Nate might have started landing off those leg kicks.

Conor basically needs to find a way to end the fight before Nate finds his range on him, as soon as those 1,2s were coming in it was disrupting Conor's flow completely and that was the beginning of the end.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 1, 2016

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Fight doesn't count, my opponent was so good his punch was one in a million

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's cool that Aldo got dusted worse than the bad dude's first opponent in Bloodsport and he's still acting like it didn't count

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Le Saboteur posted:

Conor basically needs to find a way to end the fight before Nate finds his range on him, as soon as those 1,2s were coming in it was disrupting Conor's flow completely and that was the beginning of the end.

That was conors plan last time it seemed and he gassed on it. I dunno what hes gonna do but I'll watch it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I was watching late night cinemax instead of the kumite, I already knew what was going to happen

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm no basement dwelling geekface computer nerd. I'm just a simple kind of man who immediately thinks of them, instagram, and how much I hate them and hope they know it when confronted by natures beauty.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm no basement dwelling geekface computer nerd. I'm just a simple kind of man who immediately thinks of them, instagram, and how much I hate them and hope they know it when confronted by natures beauty.

Im detecting QQ in this post

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

yeah, the absence of the non-flashy kicks really were showing. After a while, all that was really coming for Nate was a left hand. Conor still looked slick as hell, he just needs to pace himself and keep it up.

Nate is a tank though, and if he can start putting on pressure like Nick, then "you're done conor"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9NgDkAX6hE

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

Im detecting QQ in this post

Definitely no QQ in the guy whose first reaction to the beautiful scenic vista before him is to post three paragraphs about how much he hates nerds on Instagram, though

mewse
May 2, 2006

is acting like he had a large object dropped on his head i'm dumb

mewse fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 1, 2016

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

threeagainstfour posted:

So besides taking a more measured approach, what does Conor do differently to beat Diaz in the rematch?

It seems like throwing fewer shots with less speed and power on them would make it an easier fight for Nate. Does Conor focus on body shots? Rewatching the fight, that very hard hook he lands in round 2 looks like the shot that hurt Nate the most.

I agree. Conor's best work was in the 2nd off that full power body shot and the headshot following it. I don't think his kicks did anything that entire fight though and he doesn't have the reach advantage he usually does to really make it worthwhile.

So, I think picking his shots better and working the body are very likely changes we will see. However, I think Nate keeps the pressure and accuracy and ultimately chokes him out again.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Definitely no QQ in the guy whose first reaction to the beautiful scenic vista before him is to post three paragraphs about how much he hates nerds on Instagram, though

U dont know his reasons. Maybe he was bullied by computer programmers as a kid

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the chad mendes thing is making me remember the food forum goon who reared a bunch of rabbits and gave them names and posted about all the cute things they did and then photographed their graphic slaughter and butchering in his kitchen

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

does manyak train at TAM

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

drat, I never thought about how it is literally impossible to go hiking without also killing an animal. Thank you, Chad$.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

i agree with chad

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Jst0rm posted:

it is dark. They will probably keep pulling him over until he is ruined. Thats why I said earlier he needs to gtfo of there.

So you're telling me drug user and bad driver jon jones needs to move somewhere its ok to crash a bently into a pregnant woman's car?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Le Saboteur posted:

I only watch fights live and go with my what I think I see over fact, but I think Nate set up the 1, 2 perfectly. Finding the range with the 1 over and over again, making Conor complacent with the 1 and when he knew how Conor would react to it he through the 1 followed by a very quick 2 which Conor wasn't expecting having found comfort against the simple 1. Ive started doing it with my. jab and it's funny how you can teach a partner to react to the same punch and then surprise them with something.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mewse posted:

All respect to my opponent, but his punch was actually a comet that comes around every thousand years

I guess Aldo saw that Gomi gif, too.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

So you're telling me drug user and bad driver jon jones needs to move somewhere its ok to crash a bently into a pregnant woman's car?

nope. That would have the same results no matter where he is. However after that and him talking poo poo to the cops? Yes. They will be on him for any little thing to gently caress him over on.

I mean this is the pd you are dealing with:

http://nypost.com/video/new-mexico-cop-shoots-undercover-colleague-9-times/

Jst0rm fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 2, 2016

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

threeagainstfour posted:

Not throwing a million lead rear-hand uppercuts would be a start. The punch so ill advised it lead to noted do-nothing Rashad Evans scoring a highlight KO. Once nate got the timing of that punch he started clobbering Conor.

That punch is a killer against tiny T-rexes like Martin Brimage and Chag Mendes, but Nate Diaz is a grown up who knows about boxing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's a good punch for someone who is shooting a double but against Nate Diaz it was not smart.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's a good punch for someone who is shooting a double but against Nate Diaz it was not smart.

And it's funny because in interviews before the fight all he could talk about how he was going to uppercut the hell out of Nate.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i remember he said he was gonna finish RDA with an uppercut and it seemed like he just kept that going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

mewse posted:

Lol

• Locked thread