Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have a gluten allergy (self-diagnosed, 'natch)... can you point me to the aisle that would have your gluten free kale?

i heard quinoa is good for affluent, health-conscious people like myself

i want to buy some of your excellent locally-sourced coffee but i would like to hear about the sustainability profile of each blend preferably starting with something shade-grown but i guess i'm willing to make a few sacrifices in that arena so long as we are sticking with free trade. that is simply a must.

same thing with wine if you can send out your sommellier i am not a fan of tannins.

yes, I saw that you just seem to have cage-free eggs left? well yes sir i know cage free is relatively humane but i find it to be only ostensibly so. you see, the birds are still just as cramped only in a big pen instead of a small cage. where your ones that were pasture raised? are these even hormone free? jesus loving christ get your poo poo together WF. back at my co-op in brooklyn something like this would never happen I can assure you that bub.

you have to be careful with reading the organic labeling because sometimes they're misleading. misleading how? well... i saw it on my pin board sometimes you're getting a product with quote/unquote "dubious language" that means your food actually doesn't contain 100% organic ingredients which is the equivalent to literally poisoning your body

$30 for a 6oz. filet mignon seems perfectly reasonable, please bag 2 of them up for me :downs:

i'm going to get the hot bar for lunch with bae. a $30 meal for two from what is basically a picadilly cafeteria sounds pretty appealing right now and perfectly reasonably priced :downs:

*12 items ring up to $168.50*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Where can I buy a caramel macciatto :v:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

thathonkey posted:

i have a gluten allergy (self-diagnosed, 'natch)... can you point me to the aisle that would have your gluten free kale?

i heard quinoa is good for affluent, health-conscious people like myself

i want to buy some of your excellent locally-sourced coffee but i would like to hear about the sustainability profile of each blend preferably starting with something shade-grown but i guess i'm willing to make a few sacrifices in that arena so long as we are sticking with free trade. that is simply a must.

same thing with wine if you can send out your sommellier i am not a fan of tannins.

yes, I saw that you just seem to have cage-free eggs left? well yes sir i know cage free is relatively humane but i find it to be only ostensibly so. you see, the birds are still just as cramped only in a big pen instead of a small cage. where your ones that were pasture raised? are these even hormone free? jesus loving christ get your poo poo together WF. back at my co-op in brooklyn something like this would never happen I can assure you that bub.

you have to be careful with reading the organic labeling because sometimes they're misleading. misleading how? well... i saw it on my pin board sometimes you're getting a product with quote/unquote "dubious language" that means your food actually doesn't contain 100% organic ingredients which is the equivalent to literally poisoning your body

$30 for a 6oz. filet mignon seems perfectly reasonable, please bag 2 of them up for me :downs:

i'm going to get the hot bar for lunch with bae. a $30 meal for two from what is basically a picadilly cafeteria sounds pretty appealing right now and perfectly reasonably priced :downs:

*12 items ring up to $168.50*

This is too realistic to be funny.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Actually, the hot bar is priced out per pound, so if you don't load your plate down like a giant fatty, you can come away with a more reasonably priced meal
:goonsay:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*impulse buys whole cheesecake. Is stuck eating only cheesecake for 4 days on whole foods salary*

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Where are the organic tampons I saw on Facebook located? Normal ones have chemicals

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

hole foods

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Their hot bar is legit. ...The crunchy fair trade organic nonsense on the other hand.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
garlicky kale :swoon:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It happened to me, I was gluten shamed at the liquor store

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Shops at circle k because there are no whole foods within 100 miles and groceries stores close at 9 pm

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

hey... millennial here buying groceries... gotta have some food to eat lol...

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hmm I'm thirsty

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Asparagus water, because I really want to drink something that will make me have to pee and smell rank while doing it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
*notices what u are buying and happily chats u up in line then offers u a business card for their new 'life coaching and nutrition consulting "business"*

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I'm an old person complaining about the kids today! My generation was so much better than these kids! They have bad music and use slang I don't like! They even eat food that is different than the food I ate! I hate them!

:is 27:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm not sure this concept wants to be a post, perhaps a vine or a curated bimonthly box of exotic garbanzos

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

*notices what u are buying and happily chats u up in line then offers u a business card for their new 'life coaching and nutrition consulting "business"*

This is real I thought this thread was for jokes

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
*eats like $10 worth of fancy cheese samples*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Inorganic carrots?!? What has the science wrought upon us!? The horror, the horror!

*pours gasoline on self*

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Inorganic carrots?!? What has the science wrought upon us!? The horror, the horror!

*pours gasoline on self*

This is a real thing lmao one time I was shopping with my boss's boss's boss for snacks for a project group meeting and got reprimanded for getting inorganic carrots because they are "one of the dirty dozen!!!!" which are apparently 12 foods that if you eat inorganic will give your children terrible disfigurements, physical, mental, and spiritual.

Friend you pay me like $3/hr through the magic of unpaid overtime for salaried employees it is not in my playbook to read the latest blog posts about $9/lb carrots

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
*spends 3x more than normal people on groceries*

Man it sucks that I don't make a living wage and can't afford my own healthcare. loving rich people.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I like to shop at peak time and leave my cart in the middle of the aisle while I sort through tomatoes because even the most down-home produce should be uniform and blemish-free.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad I don't have to shop and eat like Americans in the 50s.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
"I'm so poor I literally live on rice. :smith:"

*post pictures of steak and fancy cupcakes on Instagram*

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mons Hubris posted:

It's like I'm really there

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

*refuses to buy anything with preservatives because it is bad for the environment*

*enough food to feed a small country is thrown away at close of business because it is all rotting on the shelves*

WhyteRyce posted:

Asparagus water, because I really want to drink something that will make me have to pee and smell rank while doing it

You can buy a handful of asparagus for a dollar so it's basically a four dollar bottle of water.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You can buy a handful of asparagus for a dollar so it's basically a four dollar bottle of water.

and?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
*goes round back and buys a bj from a junkie*

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

*refuses to buy anything with preservatives because it is bad for the environment*

*enough food to feed a small country is thrown away at close of business because it is all rotting on the shelves*

lol this caused me to google how many people are starving globally and if you stretch it to how many people do not have enough food to live healthy lives it is 800 million, 1/9 of everyone in the world :toot:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

crazy cloud posted:

lol this caused me to google how many people are starving globally and if you stretch it to how many people do not have enough food to live healthy lives it is 800 million, 1/9 of everyone in the world :toot:

This caused me to feel bad enough to do some comfort eating

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

crazy cloud posted:

This is real I thought this thread was for jokes

well this ones actually both imo =)

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
800 million is so many

Some quick math for scale

800 million hungry / 6 million (allegedly) = 133 and 1/3 hitlers

800 million hungry / (3000ish from 9/11 + 1 millionish for Iraq) = 797.6 deorge walker bushes

All the time constantly happening everywhere but here and also a little bit here I guess

Ahundredbux posted:

This caused me to feel bad enough to do some comfort eating

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I'm going to whole paycheck because I'm hangry

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i thought i had a gluten thing going on but it turned out it was just that my body was falling apart from no exercise and if you eat a huge sandwich at lunch you get tired

this was not as empowering as feeling oppressed by Big Gluten

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
*looks around at other customers*

*realizes common thread among all shoppers is everyone in Whole Foods hates America*

*eats an arugula panini*

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Are all of your ingredients locally sourced? This is important to me for reasons.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Where's the slurpee machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i would like half of a food

• Locked thread