Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Because you asked.

The Cubs starting pitchers combine for a .663 OPS. That is better then the Braves, Angels and Phillies team OPS.

I unironically love this little tête-à-tête, btw. People getting ridiculously happy/upset about dumb arcane stats is the most baseball thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cubs/Braves game postponed due to rain. Second one this week that needs to be made up.

STOP TAKING BASEBALL AWAY FROM ME :negative:

On the other hand, I'm pleased because the game I'm going to see in May was going to be a Hammel start, the first postponement turned it into a Lackey start (:barf:), and now this makes it a Lester start. If I can get one more postponement and no makeups/injuries between now and Memorial Day weekend, I'll get to see Arrieta. :getin:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cubs/Braves game postponed due to rain. Second one this week that needs to be made up.

STOP TAKING BASEBALL AWAY FROM ME :negative:

Just play the DH tomorrow, as I think this is their only trip to Wrigley this year, right? Otherwise you have to do that "mutual off day" bullshit that's always a pain in the rear end.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
You're going to get an Adam Warren spot start/bullpen day and you're gonna like it!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DeepDickPizza posted:

You're going to get an Adam Warren spot start/bullpen day and you're gonna like it!

With how he's pitching now, I'd be 100% okay with a Warren spot start.

Retail Slave posted:

Just play the DH tomorrow, as I think this is their only trip to Wrigley this year, right? Otherwise you have to do that "mutual off day" bullshit that's always a pain in the rear end.

"No makeup date has been set". :sigh:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Conservative Hero Brice Harper

(In fairness Krauthammer got the name right in his article, it's my lovely rag of a local newspaper that can't be bothered to run spell check)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sydin posted:

With how he's pitching now, I'd be 100% okay with a Warren spot start.

"No makeup date has been set". :sigh:

Goddammit, just play the loving doubleheader and be done with it. Oh no, it's two games in one day! Everyone could die!!!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
They don't really play double headers on Sundays, as it's a getaway day.

Also, I need to read that lovely Krauthammer article. I'm sure it will enrage me in a totally productive way.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Is the gif still a thing? Chris Bassitt has a UCL tear, going for a second opinion.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Retail Slave posted:

Goddammit, just play the loving doubleheader and be done with it. Oh no, it's two games in one day! Everyone could die!!!

One could only hope.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Retail Slave posted:

"We got the setting. Sunshine, fresh air, the team behind us.....so let's get this place cleaned up in under 2 hours for a day night double header! Also, make sure nobody is hiding under the troughs between games." - Ernie Banks

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I'm not sure at this point whether I get more joy from St. Louis losing or Chicago winning. Brewers gonna be 30 games back by the end of the season.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Popete posted:

Because you asked.

The Cubs starting pitchers combine for a .663 OPS. That is better then the Braves, Angels and Phillies team OPS.

What's especially funny about the Braves is that Ryan Howard hit a Homer last night to tie the Braves season total, while playing so badly that no one would ever consider trading for him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jordan Zimmermann: Real Cool, Real Good.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/726520554400796672

Gonz fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 30, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Grant Balfour retired, godspeed you and your 4.3 H/9 and 0.89 WHIP in 2008

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
My favorite Balfour memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNI_5BpfQ5Y&t=110s

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Mark Reynolds hit a ball in batting practice that hit near the clock on the top of the scoreboard in Arizona :stare::stare::stare:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Whoa, incredible call on the Machado grand slam on Thursday from Hawk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OovYr0w7BMA&t=43s

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Grant Balfour retired, godspeed you and your 4.3 H/9 and 0.89 WHIP in 2008

Let's all appreciate a world that allowed a man legally named "Grant Ball Four" to be a major league pitcher

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Everblight posted:

Let's all appreciate a world that allowed a man legally named "Grant Ball Four" to be a major league pitcher

RIP Balfour Rage
http://mlb.mlb.com/cutfour/article.jsp?content_id=29639370

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

headbanging :airquote:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Reformed Pissboy posted:

This rules. So many good quotes:

quote:

Josh Bard: I was in my place in Boston with my 8 1/2-month pregnant wife and 2-year-old son. I got the call around noon that I was traded and had to leave my wife, which was very hard, and go to the airport to get a flight to San Francisco.

quote:

Bard: While in line at the airport the guys in front of me were just crushing me, talking about how bad I sucked at catching the knuckleball. I didn’t say a word. They had no idea I was standing behind them. And they were right. I did stink at catching the knuckleball.

:smith: That must have sucked for Bard. It's tough to think of players as human beings instead of good guys or bad guys depending on what colour uniforms they're wearing. But I guess that's the business.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Marlins over .500!!!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I don't want to jinx it but this April was a whole lot better than last April

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Story went 2-5, with a 2B, triple, and 3 RBI tonight.

His April: 10HR, 3 3B, 4 2B, 19 R, 20 RBI, .253 avg, 1.008 OPS.

Gotta be the NL player of the month.

E: well gently caress, what those guys said: \/

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 1, 2016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

will_colorado posted:

Story went 2-5, with a HR, triple, and 3 RBI tonight.

Bryce Harper still breathes.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

will_colorado posted:

Story went 2-5, with a HR, triple, and 3 RBI tonight.

Bryce Harper: 9 homers, 6 doubles, 16 runs, 24 rbis, .286/.406/.714 slash line, good for 1.120 OPS

edit: yeah what the guy above me said

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Popete posted:

Bryce Harper still breathes.

The_Hat posted:

Bryce Harper: 9 homers, 6 doubles, 15 runs, 24 rbis, .301/.418/.753 slash line, good for 1.168 OPS

edit: yeah what the guy above me said

poo poo, of course Harper then.

E: Tonight was the first time since the end of the 2007 season and games 1/2 of the 2007 NLCS that the Rockies have won at least 3 games in a row in Arizona. They are one more road series win away from equaling the total number of road series wins all of last season...

Every team in the NL West is under .500 at the start of May. :getin: mediocrity.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 1, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Aledmys Díaz is outdoing all these people

and I don't even know who that is

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

New Concept Hole posted:

Colour me surprised, some random minor league guy who never OPSed above .800 is called up for the Cardinals and immediately leads all of baseball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

New Concept Hole posted:

literal human incarnation of cardinals bullshit

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Retail Slave posted:

I think the mutual off day is the day before the Braves start their series at the White Sox.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I'm not sure at this point whether I get more joy from St. Louis losing or Chicago winning. Brewers gonna be 30 games back by the end of the season.

the brewers are very bad and this isnt a surprise at all. painful to watch for sure, especially while they mostly trot out guys they accepted as salary dumps to get the real prospects who won't come up for a couple seasons.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

the brewers are very bad and this isnt a surprise at all. painful to watch for sure, especially while they mostly trot out guys they accepted as salary dumps to get the real prospects who won't come up for a couple seasons.

Better upgrade that club house, that's the ticket.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Since having their season declared over due to a 1-5 home stand the Mariners have won 5 straight series.

Really really trying to curb my enthusiasm. *breathes into paper bag*

Also it's May! Time for a new thread.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i know better than to be excited about the Phillies being 4 games over .500, i'll maintain that they've at least graduated to ".500 team" this year and be happy with that

all the water's out of the boat, and almost all the heavy weight is thrown overboard, and the ship is starting to.. float ever so precariously?? it may one day reach dry land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Since having their season declared over due to a 1-5 home stand the Mariners have won 5 straight series.

Really really trying to curb my enthusiasm. *breathes into paper bag*

Also it's May! Time for a new thread.

:effort:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774245

• Locked thread