Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/719699058496040961

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's amazing that they are openly telling heir fans not to watch live despite live ratings being the most important for advertising dollars.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I've never seen a company so happy about there being less product.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Jeff Hardy didn't heed his mother's warnings and his face is permanently frozen like that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Someone photoshop this so it looks like Jeff is giving the middle finger to everyone.

Also, face swaps

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

flashy_mcflash posted:

Someone on The Board looked up the new offices on Streetview and, uh

1404 51st Ave North
Nashville TN, 37209

What's Doobie doing in the Impact Zone!?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It took 3 months for this channel to give up on them. Amazing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Bah gawd! He just hit Jeff Hardy with The Frog Dog :bahgawd:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TNA's next channel destination will probably be the Home Shopping Network.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I said it earlier in the year but :laffo: They really are going to get kicked off 3 TV stations in 3 years, aren't they

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

It took 3 months for this channel to give up on them. Amazing.

Twice as long as Destination America.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

Because an evil clown wrestling gimmick totally never existed before this Krimson guy invented it

Krimson is the BEST. That dude is unashamedly ripping off Heath Ledger's Joker and doing a lovely impression of him, and still claiming he's being all super original character do not steal (c).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvVPvlQuaoI

Oh, I'd love to see him get on TV for five seconds so DC lawsuits the gently caress out of TNA and everyone involved.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

Unpaid bills and Somas, PILED HIGH

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I kinda feel like Dixie doesn't care about live ratings anymore since I don't think POP is actually paying them anything at all. (That was one of the rumors, right? Did that ever get verified?)

So when they get kicked off yet another channel, she'll just go to every TV exec dumb or bored enough to take a meeting with her and brag about her +3 DVR numbers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

skaboomizzy posted:

I kinda feel like Dixie doesn't care about live ratings anymore since I don't think POP is actually paying them anything at all. (That was one of the rumors, right? Did that ever get verified?)

So when they get kicked off yet another channel, she'll just go to every TV exec dumb or bored enough to take a meeting with her and brag about her +3 DVR numbers.

Those 10 year negotiations with WGN are finally about to pay off!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

skaboomizzy posted:

Allegedly they are in some sort of ad revenue sharing deal rather than being paid up front. So it's probably in their interest to get decent live ratings. I'm going to miss TNA fans adding together the replay and original airing for the True Rating

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

http://www.matthardybrand.com/hate-mail.html

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Blasmeister posted:

Allegedly they are in some sort of ad revenue sharing deal rather than being paid up front. So it's probably in their interest to get decent live ratings. I'm going to miss TNA fans adding together the replay and original airing for the True Rating

lucha underground fans do the same thing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer said today TNA is strapped for cash and they got evicted from their old offices.

A lot of the looking for new investors activity is being primarily done out of trying to make the booking fee for the IMPACT zone and airfare for the talent for the next TV taping.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They're done this time. They have no additional revenue streams, and even getting investment to keep them going for another taping or two is just putting off the inevitable now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

They're done this time. They have no additional revenue streams, and even getting investment to keep them going for another taping or two is just putting off the inevitable now.

There were several news stories about BUSINESS PLANS and BUSINESS MEETINGS about potential advertising, licensing, merchandising deals with TNA utilizing agencies and Josh Matthews. Obviously those have come to nothing. Sean Ross Sapp of WrestlingInc keeps bring up a story he heard from a third party about their meeting with TNA and just how bad a negotiator Josh was. Which isn't a surprise as he comes across as a total douche on TV, social media and how he dresses.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Revenant Threshold posted:

Please, gentlemen, please.

It's the "so-called" warehouse.

As always, Nom De Plume makes a great point. Why would TNA need a lot of space for their merchandise operation?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

RZApublican posted:

it's what the fans demanded!

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
TNA to next appear on public access channel 5 from Chattanooga.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

rovert posted:

Bad negotiator Josh

Imagine being in a position where your only hope is the negotiation skills of Josh Matthews.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
If Josh was a better negotiator, he wouldn't be working for TNA, so

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Two questions:

When TNA goes under, who will the mecca place primary blame on (since they won't blame it on any one in TNA)

And

How long will they keep believing that TNA will return?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
apparently they got evicted, so it turns out that paychecks are the only thing that weren't late.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Two questions:

When TNA goes under, who will the mecca place primary blame on (since they won't blame it on any one in TNA)

Meltzer because his scaremongering chased off any potential investor.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
While everyone is on the warehouse you know Dixie still has a posh downtown office somewhere.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

While everyone is on the warehouse you know Dixie still has a posh downtown office somewhere.

Dixie's posh office was the place they got evicted from.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm honestly surprised they haven't turned to their fans asking them to become "investors" in the company. Like a Kickstarter, but not calling it a kickstarter.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Mecca so far is trying to ignore the whole eviction thing. But they are not happy with the people reporting it or laughing at them.

quote:

I don't want to go on a rant here but...So many people just wants TNA to die.

What the gently caress is wrong with them? What a bunch of loving morons. I want them to tell that to any of the employees in TNA faces. And say i think you should lose your job, because i'm not a fan of the wrestling you have. I believe you're way better off without a job, because then the wrestling-world can enjoy you way more.

These loving morons. Just go the gently caress away and stay away, do something better with your pathetic lives. Analyse a newly-painted wall, scracth your rear end, whatever is way more productive. Just stay the gently caress away.

(You can quote me on this, and this is the absolute last time i will write about you loving morons. If i ever were to meet you in person i bet you would cower like the simps you are and don't say a word. JUST GO AWAY AND STAY THE gently caress AWAY).

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Davros1 posted:

I'm honestly surprised they haven't turned to their fans asking them to become "investors" in the company. Like a Kickstarter, but not calling it a kickstarter.

My guess for why they haven't done this is that everybody in the company expects everybody else in the company to run off with the money before they can run of with the money themselves.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Don't give them ideas. Mecca is fun to laugh at, but I don't want these poor schmucks to lose their money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

Dixie's posh office was the place they got evicted from.

Yeah I didn't realize this until Dave reported it this morning, Dixie had that office for her PR business before she even bought TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

And now in some bizarre performance art creation of the last days of WCW, some of the true believers now think Bischoff has bought the company.

• Locked thread