Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

aren't both the hardys out now too?

Nope, both are wrestling on the current show. Jeff, though apparently needing knee surgery, is working as much as ever and Matt is all over the show (along with Reby and his baby).

Tenay got a ? because I've never heard of him being released or quitting, but he hasn't had an onscreen role in over a year I believe.

I don't know what the deal is with Aiden O Shea either, he's barely ever on the show and I don't know when his last appearance was.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0408/609558/tna-receives-cease-desist-letter-from-indie-wrestler-over-crazzy/

TNA is being sued over their bad 90's throwback stable. TNA is trash but this sounds like the nuisancest or nuisance suits.

This is the same guy who accused them of stealing the Crimson name and who claimed he came up with the Joker Sting idea.

quote:

TNA RECEIVES CEASE AND DESIST LETTER OVER CURRENT STAR
By Mike Johnson on 2016-04-08 10:29:00
TNA was sent a cease and desist letter in March regarding TNA performer Crazzy Steve and stable The Decay, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The cease and desist came from Ohio independent wrestler Justin Carnes, who wrestled for years under the ring name Krimson and claims that TNA is "responsible for infringement of certain copyrights that are owned or controlled by Carnes." Carnes has been wrestling since 2000 under several different names beyond Krimson, including Conrad Kennedy III.

The Krimson character (not to be confused with former TNA wrestler Crimson) is an evil clown.

Carnes is specifically claiming that elements of Crazzy Steve's performance in TNA have been directly lifted from Carnes' work as Krimson, including the usage of red mist, as well as Crazzy Steve's mannerisms, costuming and face paint.

Carnes' letter also stated that in 2010, he created a faction known as the "Dead Wrestler's Society" and that Steve, as a member of TNA factor Decay, "replicated the Dead Wrestling Society model and teamed with certain other wrestlers who were similar in style to him, which is also a blatant use of Carnes’s works."

The cease and desist letter requests that TNA cease all usage of the copyrights Carnes is claiming to own and that the company acknowledge in writing that they will comply with these demands by 4/6. The letter noted that should TNA not comply with Carnes' requests, he could follow through with additional legal actions.

TNA sources acknowledged the company did receive the letter and that it has been referred to their legal team.

Crazzy Steve has been a TNA contracted talent since 2014 and is currently in the midst of his biggest storyline to date with The Decay, a story that will play out over the next several episodes of Impact Wrestling. He has been portraying the same character for the entire run of his TNA career, although it has taken a much darker turn over the course of the formation of Decay.

It should be noted that Carnes has worked as an enhancement talent for TNA in the past, dating back as early as 2004.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pepper Parks is now "Braxton Sutter"
Cherry Bomb is now "Allie [No Last Name Provided]"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's blocked in Canada too and AFAIK Xplosion doesn't air up here anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Big Dave hinted that they're in big trouble

That was really frustrating. He goes "TNA is in big trouble" and then goes on a long-rear end rant about Lucha Underground.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope he actually says it like OCT, like Scott Aukerman does.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Someone on The Board looked up the new offices on Streetview and, uh

1404 51st Ave North
Nashville TN, 37209

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perfect place for the revival of the Junkyard Invitational

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Started From The Basement Now The Whole Team's In A loving Warehouse: The TNA Story

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jesus I never noticed until now that Josh's gradually transitioning into Don West

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They would literally be better off running the business out of a Men's Wearhouse

https://twitter.com/randyperkins65/status/719611406702784512/photo/1

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

I've never seen a company so happy about there being less product.

Jeff Hardy didn't heed his mother's warnings and his face is permanently frozen like that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

What's Doobie doing in the Impact Zone!?

Unpaid bills and Somas, PILED HIGH

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

Dixie's posh office was the place they got evicted from.

Yeah I didn't realize this until Dave reported it this morning, Dixie had that office for her PR business before she even bought TNA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

And now in some bizarre performance art creation of the last days of WCW, some of the true believers now think Bischoff has bought the company.

Well...
https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/719624859991601152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He does have a pending lawsuit with them for unpaid salary for himself and Garrett. I guess he could be getting into bed with GFW though. I can't see him being boneheaded enough to try to start up a promotion from scratch now but it's EB so who knows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rodney the Piper posted:

E: what happened to this guy

JB? He's still there and does a ton of stuff for the company. If he ever left, somehow, TNA actually would be dead.

he looks like a thumb now though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

also what happened to Billy Corgan? I guess he's on tour but I feel like he'd be dumb enough to put more money in

Corgan is actually all over the show recently (since the UK tour), doing stuff with Grado and Al Snow. I have to figure that he doesn't have the money or the inclination to invest at a level that'd make a difference or he would've done so already.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I still can't believe they have the gall to charge people for the Asylum Years AGAIN. It was bad enough that they charged for them as PPV's the first time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blizz Pizz Love Us posted:

Dixie's intransigence aside, it's mind-boggling to me that they can still (apparently) find a potential investor at this point. The brand is totally toxic, between the sleazy name and the decade of mismanagement, and even if it weren't, I don't think there's much of an untapped market for more pro wrestling out there. Why would anyone want a majority stake in TNA in TYOOL 2016? What would they possibly have to gain?

If it's someone whose sticking point is that Dixie has to step away or at least relinquish majority stake it has to be someone in wrestling or who knows the business at least. That'd at least be a step up from the constantly-playing Yakety Sax at the offices right now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

He was in some sort of battle royale not long ago and goddamn he actually looked in better shape than he had in forever. Still slow as hell but it was shocking that of all things, he's in decent shape for this shitbox promotion.

ANd he's still doing spots with head.

TNA doesn't drug test, that's for drat sure.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

TNA forgot to fill out the About Us section of their website:

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/720036062396084224

Only organic AJ's.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh even they don't bother spinning it. The roster page still having King Mo and like 10 other people that aren't there is a running joke with them too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's the end of an era. Chris Regal's latest article on TNA Mecca is basically "WWE is better than TNA."

The meccarites are not happy:

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE REAL SIZE????

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Qiuet frankly i would rather not have to see the nxt-crowd in tna aswell. Just a bunch of narcisstic and disrespectful bunch of fans. They are also really dumb, paying for a product they dont like and instead of showing displeasure with the company by not paying, they instead pay the company but poo poo all over the talent.

Exactly, unlike TNA that doesn't allow their fans to pay for the product at all. That's how you get real fans, and not ones that thought they were in line for the Backdraft ride at Universal.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You would have to be monumentally stupid to think you were in the line for Backdraft and not TNA.

TNA_Audience.png

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

On a night where there was no real competition on TV (the Meccans blamed the low ratings on the OJ show and on political debates, both of which were absent last night) and no burnout from Mania to blame, TNA did 286K with a 0.08 demo, compared to last week's 272K (same demo). By comparison, Y&R did a monster 539K and 0.13 demo, up from 425K and a 0.07.

100,000 more people tuned in to see Victor Neumann than last week, while 14K more people tuned in to see Impact, which featured a long Billy Corgan promo and an even longer Al Snow promo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA's new lead in is That 70's Show instead of Days of Our Lives

quote:

Same-day airings of Days of Our Lives will no longer be seen on cable network Pop. The CBS/Lions Gate-owned channel is replacing the recently renewed Sony Pictures TV and Corday Productions sudser with That 70's Show.

Earlier today I reached out to Pop's publicist for comment. "That is correct. DAYS will no longer be on the Pop schedule. We are encouraging fans to view on NBC, NBC.com or the NBC app."

Same-day airings of DAYS began airing on Pop on August 24, 2015. The distribution platform helped make up for the revenue DAYS lost out on when Disney gutted soap opera re-run hub SOAPnet in 2013.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA Morale: Heil

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe CaptainYesterday died in a camp and all these posts are being written under his name to convince us nothing is wrong in TNA.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

News of the sale will be announced on Wednesday

And whose birthday is it on Wednesday? That's right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

I love all of these puns and you are all Good People

Also someone please get me some mecca reactions to this news :munch:

Mecca isn't acknowledging at all because it's from "untrustworthy sources". Until PW Insider reports it, they're not going to react.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dr. rear end posted:

There's gonna be mass calls to pull advertisers once it becomes more widespread that the company is owned by Nazis, right

There may be some friction between the owners and the head of POP, Brad Schwartz.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/722122217375420416

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

So if you're working in the company and have to comment, how do you officially publicly defend this

"At least we're still going"?

"Ron and Dong have been with the company for years and understand the challenges of the industry. Their pure blood and enthusiasm for the product will carry this brand into the future. Impact Uber Alles"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Good ol Ron and Dong

Yup, not editing that typo at all

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

http://www.aroluxe.com/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Many links just go nowhere, just like the TNA site. Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

As Tony Robbins says, CROSS THE LINE

• Locked thread