Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

I've got a craving for Hamburger Helper but i haven't eaten it since i was a little kid. I'm totally lost in the Hamburger Helper universe and i need help choosing the best flavor before going to the grocery store later. I don't want to go through all the trouble of making a box of Hamburger Helper and then it's bad and i don't want to eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I don't even know what it is, am I missing out

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
one of my favorite hamburger helper flavors is "failure", "unemployment" is tasty too

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
beef stroganoff (warning: does not contain stroganoff)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Put cayenne in it, regardless.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
What you want to do is just get a heaping pile of garbage out of the dumpster because that is the best flavor of Hamburger Helper.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

beef stroganoff (warning: does not contain stroganoff)

i'm "strogan' off" just thinking about it :smugmrgw:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

deluxe cheeseburger macaroni, op
put in a bit more water/milk than it asks for or it may dry out before it is fully cooked

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Fuckin cheeseburger flavor is p good. Got drat I love some hamburger helper.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if you dress up the stroganoff with real ingredients you can make it pretty deece. get some fresh mushrooms, some sour cream, a little white vinegar, some chives, etc. or just loving eat chain, bitch

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Wowbagger2004 posted:

I don't even know what it is, am I missing out

if you eat a lot of ground meat and love salt and MSG you will love hamburger helper.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

if you dress up the stroganoff with real ingredients you can make it pretty deece. get some fresh mushrooms, some sour cream, a little white vinegar, some chives, etc. or just loving eat chain, bitch

don't sign your posts

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

don't sign your posts

i have been owned :(

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

rip

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Vargs posted:

deluxe cheeseburger macaroni, op

was going to say this.
also you can add a can of corn to any hamburger helper to make it go further.
I add ketchup to my deluxe cheeseburger mac

protip: look for coupons first! it is amazingly expensive for white trash food! There is normally coupons online, also get the hamburger in the tube, it's just as good, the ketchup is the star no need to get hoity toity with the meat.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Deluxe cheesy mac is definitely the way to go. Use half & half instead of milk, if you really want to gently caress up your arteries.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Poopy butt flavor, OP.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cheese Lovers Lasagna looks good.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

Cheese Lovers Lasagna looks good.

For some reason the cheese in that one doesn't taste as good. You'd think it's the same powdered cheese they use in everything else, but somehow it's not.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
regular

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol if you pay full price for name brand Hamburger Helper when you could just buy "Hamburger Booster" at half the cost.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really have been disappointed, i bought the hamburger helper oven meatloaf and was so excited because i always used to buy the regular meatloaf and i thought i had finally found it again but it is nothing like the old recipe. That was the only meatloaf i could get my husband to eat and i would give anything if you would bring it back or at least give us the ingredients that were in the seasoning packet and the glaze packet. So many people miss this one. please help.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Poopy butt flavor, OP.

you shouldn't talk about the flavor of your posts this is the hamburger helper thread ok?

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

tuna helper is the way to go

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Do not smell the concentrated cheese powder

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

you shouldn't talk about the flavor of your posts this is the hamburger helper thread ok?

Ok I but I don't know what you have against "excellent and smart" flavor.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i mix the cheese and seasoning powder into the water or milk before putting it into the skillet, that way it really dissolves instead of clinging onto the sides or meat

bet rachel ray never thought of that.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ChairmanMeow posted:

i mix the cheese and seasoning powder into the water or milk before putting it into the skillet, that way it really dissolves instead of clinging onto the sides or meat

bet rachel ray never thought of that.

Rachael Ray hocks her tobacco loogies into her hamburger helper so she gets some bonus baccy bites.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
crab flavor is best

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

Rachael Ray hocks her tobacco loogies into her hamburger helper so she gets some bonus baccy bites.

i'm willing to experiment in the kitchen. I love my family and like to shake things up.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Mix the Hamburger Helper with concrete mix for a treat that will really "stick to your ribs."

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
HH lasagna mix w/spicy Italian sausage, for that Latin kick!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Mix the Hamburger Helper with concrete mix for a treat that will really "stick to your ribs."

I'm starting to think you can't even cook!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dont know why they call it hamburger helper, it does just fine by itself :smug:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

lol if you pay full price for name brand Hamburger Helper when you could just buy "Hamburger Booster" at half the cost.

My mom used to get some dirty butt redneck off brands at Aldi's and we had to smash up the "fake doritos" and put them in the off brand hamburger helper because we were...

...CULINARY GENIUSES.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Champenema posted:

HH lasagna mix w/spicy Italian sausage, for that Latin kick!

dont ever say that again

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dave_Indeed posted:

My mom used to get some dirty butt redneck off brands at Aldi's and we had to smash up the "fake doritos" and put them in the off brand hamburger helper because we were...

...CULINARY GENIUSES.

the spanish rice one comes with fake Doritos now, they owe you

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
i get the generic panburger partner

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Soak a tampon in hamburger helper and then stick it up your butt for maximum HH experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I've never eaten this in my whole life :shrug:

dad gay. so what posted:

dont ever say that again

spicy Italian sausage? or Latin kick?

• Locked thread